Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take the J-frame over a knife.

If you are a very poor shot, practice more.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My single stack holds 9, that's a fair amount. I guess I would be curious to know where the 3 shots hit?

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
They didn't say there was only three shots.

My wild azz guess is he shot at him multiple times each time he got up and at the initial exchange.

I like the guys that say practice more...lol. My guess is he had more training than most on this thread and at least as much trigger time. He may not have been a good shot but he was probably at least average.

He at least took his job serious enough to carry off duty. There are a lot of guys that don't. He was also at least trained in failure to stop drills also.

Dink

Last edited by DINK; 09/18/16.
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Then we can move on to ammo selection.

This could take a while......grin

Didn't the FBI state that all handgun cartridges are the same?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by gmoats
Originally Posted by whelennut
For those of us who are not in Law Enforcement.
I don't care about qualifying female agents or training costs.
Just the most power that is controllable.
I like either a 44 special or 45 acp.
This is based on the cold air theory, the more cold air that enters the body the faster something will die.
whelennut

….just to stir the pot, whelennut:

You should not have a favorite weapon. To become overfamiliar with one weapon is as much a fault as not knowing it sufficiently well...It is bad for commanders...to have likes and dislikes.
--Miyamoto Musashi, 17th century Japanese warrior in the Book of Five Rings

….personally, I'm not sure that that is possible other than on a training level…it does fall in with the Cooperism that you fight with the mind and that your tool is nearly irrelevant. This flies in the face of the Bianchi Doctrine: one gun, one holster, one location ALWAYS…..I guess that it depends on the level of commitment to training that the carrier has.

I found out through testing with a timer that I need to stick with the Bianchi Doctrine. Even something as simple as leaving the hood down on a Safariland 6004 holster was enough to throw me for a loop and cause me to hesitate. I got so used to my thumb hitting it during the draw that when I didn't feel it I would hesitate. I couldn't switch back an forth easily between a 1911 and a M9 either.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Does anyone know what gun/ammo the od cop had in the St Cloud Mall shooting yesterday?

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone know what gun/ammo the od cop had in the St Cloud Mall shooting yesterday?

I'd bet it was just an inadequate man stopper that allowed the villain to keep getting up.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pal

I'd bet it was just an inadequate man stopper that allowed the villain to keep getting up.
Anyone here shoot a lot of deer with popular self defense loads in both .45 ACP and 9mm. That would provide some valuable data, even if non-scientific.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've thought about sitting in a ground blind and popping a doe with a 147 HST out of my VP9

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SAKO75
I've thought about sitting in a ground blind and popping a doe with a 147 HST out of my VP9
That would be a useful observation.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I wanted to do that but Buffalo bore 9mm is $57 for a box of 20 when you consider shipping charge.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
If it saves your life who cares what it costs?

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 66 invisible), 15,835 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,200
Posts18,543,557
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.