Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by Fubarski
So, JMR, what law allows her to issue licenses to queers?

Perhaps God's law; he made them that way. Homosexuality is not a choice, it's a condition that's formed at birth.

BOY ARE YOU OUT TO FFCKING LUNCH .. LIKE HEII HE MADE THEM THAT WAY , THE BIBLE PROHIBITS HOMOSEXUALITY..

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by ringworm
[Linked Image]

Did someine say that these brothers are Canadian?

This pic was posted quite often on another site years ago..

these are two twin brothers from Michigan actually... The U.P. IRRC....

think they both died sometime in the 50s...

Not true, bruinruin and I are still alive and doing well.......... grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by norm99
[quote=djs]
BOY ARE YOU OUT TO FFCKING LUNCH .. LIKE HEII HE MADE THEM THAT WAY , THE BIBLE PROHIBITS HOMOSEXUALITY..

It prohibits judging others, and using profanity too, but the pretend christians here like to ignore all that.

Doesn't the bible say God made everything?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is she conflicted when two gay men come to her for a marriage license but they are cousins?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by norm99

It prohibits judging others, and using profanity too, but the pretend christians here like to ignore all that.

laffin'

Some of em' excel at cherry pickin'.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
[

That's weak. More like seventh grade logic, don't you think?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by djs
Perhaps God's law; he made them that way. Homosexuality is not a choice, it's a condition that's formed at birth.

Here, here - that's an interesting view. Would you care to provide some clear substantiation of your comments

djs -- some substantiation ???

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And your stupidity is beginning to annoy the entire forum.

Kentucky law does not allow the issuance of marriage licenses to queers:

402.020 Other prohibited marriages.
(1) Marriage is prohibited and void:
(a) With a person who has been adjudged mentally disabled by a court of competent jurisdiction;
(b) Where there is a husband or wife living, from whom the person marrying has not been divorced;
(c) When not solemnized or contracted in the presence of an authorized person or society;
(d) Between members of the same sex;

So, following the law, she has no legal authority to issue a license to the militant queer a$$holes who are demanding one.

I don't know what these tards who are demanding she "do her job" don't get about this issue. What you wrote is pretty clear.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=8&v=FtNICE-4H_M[/video]

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs

That is totally ignorant. Even homosexual professors who study homosexuality don't believe that. Like this lesbian professor -
https://medium.com/matter/we-ve-got-gender-all-wrong-dc7a7a6a2809

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
[

I'm trying to keep things on a level they can understand, but the statement is factual at all levels.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
[

I'm trying to keep things on a level they can understand, but the statement is factual at all levels.

Not so.

Homosexual activity is not a thing.

Homosexual activity begins as a thought, which becomes a desire, which becomes an intent, which becomes an action...which becomes a thought...

God made all things...homosexual behavior is not a thing.

And for the record...while we are being factual...at all levels:

God did not make airplanes
God did not make the atomic bomb
God did not make the bicycle

I could go on, but perhaps you get the idea.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GAB, I think you are wasting your time. Atheists don't understand the difference between make and create much less the difference between actions and states of being.

I do appreciate your logic, however. But the people saying God created homosexuals conveniently leave out that God created Ebola and Typhoid as well as Hitler and those "nafty homophobes".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[

Not so.

Homosexual activity begins as a thought, which becomes a desire, which becomes an intent, which becomes an action...which becomes a thought...

interesting concepts

so you're saying an omnipotent God allowed airplanes, atomic bombs, the bicycle, etc.,?

as well as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by KFWA
[

Not so.

interesting concepts

so you're saying an omnipotent God allowed airplanes, atomic bombs, the bicycle, etc.,?

as well as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes?

This type of response always amuses me.

An omnipotent God created the universe and all there is.

He created man with free will, and a brain with amazing capacity for thinking.

Man can choose to use that brain to do great good or great harm to himself and others.

I have a good idea of where you are going with this. So, before you get there, let me ask you a question?

If you question the omnipotence of God because he does not intervene in the things you suggest…would you also question the omnipotence of God because he does not intervene in all things evil (bad, destructive, ect.)?

In other words, God considers unbelief in him evil. Should he circumvent your free will and impose himself there? What about sexual sins? Should he circumvent your free will and impose himself there?

In the above examples, I am not equating God's prohibition with prevention. The question that would follow is, should God in his omnipotence actually remove your free will...and stop you and all mankind from committing such acts...and all other acts that He deems evil?

Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 09/21/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so God's will takes a back seat to free will of man?

if God is capable of stopping a man from killing another man, and he doesn't not intervene, then is it not God's will that the man commit murder?

If he is omnipotent and provides free will as a gift, then he also knows what the man who commits murder choice will be. He provides the ability to choose, yet he knows the choice you will make. Quite a paradox there.

a better answer might be that God just does not give a damn.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/21/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

if God is capable of stopping a man from killing another man, and he doesn't not intervene, then is it not God's will that the man commit murder?

If he is omnipotent and provides free will as a gift, then he also knows what the man who commits murder choice will be. He provide the ability to choose, yet he knows the choice you will make. Quite a paradox there.

This is quite contrary to humanistic, materialistic, and atheistic thinking. Which boils do to the idea that man can be moral without any need of a God. And that man need to be responsible for his own action and not to a God.

You cannot have it both ways. Or can can you?

God does give man free will. God does expect man to be accountable for his actions. And God has set up the institution of government to hold man accountable. No paradox there.

In regard to free will. There could be neither good or bad without it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If he is omnipotent and provides free will as a gift, then he also knows what the man who commits murder choice will be. He provide the ability to choose, yet he knows the choice you will make. Quite a paradox there.

This is quite contrary to humanistic, materialistic, and atheistic thinking. Which boils do to the idea that man can be moral without any need of a God. And that man need to be responsible for his own action and not to a God.

God does give man free will. God does expect man to be accountable for his actions. And God has set up the institution of government to hold man accountable. No paradox there.

The first question sinful man asked God was, "Am I my brother's keeper." Clearly, the Bible teaches that the answer is yes.

so you're saying man needs God and therefore God must exist

your response doesn't address my points.

If God is all knowing , then he knows mans choices before man makes them - and if god does or does not intervene (which clearly man believes that god does intervene in some cases) then how can free will exist?

that concept has nothing to do with man and his ability to self govern or address his own morality.

Simply said, when we pray and what we pray for doesn't happen - then its God's will. If we get what we prayed for, then its God's will.

If God's will determines what happens and doesn't happen then your choices are made for you. Free will is an illusion.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

The first question sinful man asked God was, "Am I my brother's keeper." Clearly, the Bible teaches that the answer is yes.

No, that is not what I am saying.

If God is all knowing , then he knows mans choices before man makes them - and if god does or does not intervene (which clearly man believes that god does intervene in some cases) then how can free will exist?

You have now gone from all powerful (omnipotent) in your original reply, to omniscient (all knowing) in this reply. These are two different concepts. Just because God has fore-knowledge of the choices we make does not in any way imply the he removes our free-will to make them. An interesting take on this idea is the movie Minority Report with Tom Cruse.

that concept has nothing to do with man and his ability to self govern or address his own morality.

If man has no free will, then he would have no standard by which to self govern, and there would be no concept of morality if there is no concept of choice.

Simply said, when we pray and what we pray for doesn't happen - then its God's will. If we get what we prayed for, then its God's will.

If God's will determines what happens and doesn't happen then your choices are made for you. Free will is an illusion.

I'll address the above two statements at the same time. What you suggest is the equivalent of doing the following:

I get a gun. I get the bullets. I load the bullets. I point the gun. I pull the trigger. I pray that God's will be done.

Any thinking person realizes that this is absurd.

Please allow me to address your points within the quote. My answers will be in bold.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by djs

Perhaps not.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, that is not what I am saying.

You have now gone from all powerful (omnipotent) in your original reply, to omniscient (all knowing) in this reply. These are two different concepts. Just because God has fore-knowledge of the choices we make does not in any way imply the he removes our free-will to make them. An interesting take on this idea is the movie Minority Report with Tom Cruse.

If man has no free will, then he would have no standard by which to self govern, and there would be no concept of morality if there is no concept of choice.

I'll address the above two statements at the same time. What you suggest is the equivalent of doing the following:

I get a gun. I get the bullets. I load the bullets. I point the gun. I pull the trigger. I pray that God's will be done.

Any thinking person realizes that this is absurd.

Please allow me to address your points within the quote. My answers will be in bold.

simple question...

does God intervene in our daily lives

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 59 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.