Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well, I don't know what you listen to but I've heard Trump talk more of the wasteful spending long before today's tax proposals.

The bottom line is that we can no longer accept business as usual. I don't see anything from the establishment R's running other than same old party line bull dip.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Calvin
Not sure I follow you Teal.

Dems make all kinds of promises - mostly about how everyone's getting free stuff. It's how they get elected.

Trump - as you stated was promising a 0 tax rate to those that don't realize that they already are effectively at 0%. All they hear is ZERO (or in the dem's case - free chit!) without realizing it's nothing they don't already have in Trumps case or where it comes from in the Dem's case.

if it gets them to vote for him, who cares?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bobhanson1
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Really, not a word of spending cuts is in his plan and as such future increases in the debt ceiling are guaranteed. If he wanted to cut spending he needed to say so and exactly where as the way his proposal reads it's nothing but magic whereby everyone gets to keep more of their money with no repercussions which isn't possible...

Why would he discuss spending cuts when discussing his tax code plan?

Because telling everyone they're getting tax cuts only to then tell them they have to pay more for x, y, and z because of spending cuts is just more crooked logic on the part of Trump, much like his border wall saving millions while costing billions... If he said not only am I going to cut taxes, but I'm also going to cut spending as we're wasting money I'd have nothing but respect for the guy finally being honest, but instead he continues to just say what low information voters want to hear...

Read the article - he does say that.

Actually even the article says he doesn't...

"Precisely how Trump would offset or pay for billions of dollars in tax relief he is promising without raising the deficit was not immediately clear. He said he would do it in part by eliminating the “carried interest” provision that allows managers of hedge funds and private equity firms to pay a much lower rate on their profits than ordinary Americans pay on their income, and by eliminating scores of other loopholes and deductions."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Calvin
Not sure I follow you Teal.

Dems make all kinds of promises - mostly about how everyone's getting free stuff. It's how they get elected.

Trump - as you stated was promising a 0 tax rate to those that don't realize that they already are effectively at 0%. All they hear is ZERO (or in the dem's case - free chit!) without realizing it's nothing they don't already have in Trumps case or where it comes from in the Dem's case.

if it gets them to vote for him, who cares?

I don't care. What pisses me off is how the establishment R's always let the Dems set the narrative and how they REFUSE to fight with the same techniques.

Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't think that even Trump has the balls to roll out specific spending cuts, the kind that would really matter like cuts to Soc Security, this early in the primary process.

Why would he do that when there are still a dozen others that are fighting for the nomination?

Clearly, the cuts that need to happen to get the debt under control have to come from Soc Sec entitlements. I'm all for real spending cuts and for balanced budgets but if Trump starts down that road, he'll lose every senior in the country. All the others will pile on and pledge to never cut these programs. You'll end up with more of the same.

Not sure if Trump will actually make these cuts when, or if, he gets the chance but its pretty hard to trash the guy because he doesn't show his hand this early in the race.

Last edited by TomSmith; 09/28/15.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Really, not a word of spending cuts is in his plan and as such future increases in the debt ceiling are guaranteed. If he wanted to cut spending he needed to say so and exactly where as the way his proposal reads it's nothing but magic whereby everyone gets to keep more of their money with no repercussions which isn't possible...

Why would he discuss spending cuts when discussing his tax code plan?

Because telling everyone they're getting tax cuts only to then tell them they have to pay more for x, y, and z because of spending cuts is just more crooked logic on the part of Trump, much like his border wall saving millions while costing billions... If he said not only am I going to cut taxes, but I'm also going to cut spending as we're wasting money I'd have nothing but respect for the guy finally being honest, but instead he continues to just say what low information voters want to hear...

Read the article - he does say that.

Actually even the article says he doesn't...

"Precisely how Trump would offset or pay for billions of dollars in tax relief he is promising without raising the deficit was not immediately clear. He said he would do it in part by eliminating the “carried interest” provision that allows managers of hedge funds and private equity firms to pay a much lower rate on their profits than ordinary Americans pay on their income, and by eliminating scores of other loopholes and deductions."

You said:

Originally Posted by dude who can't read
If he said not only am I going to cut taxes, but I'm also going to cut spending as we're wasting money I'd have nothing but respect for the guy finally being honest,

You do NOT ask for specifics and Trump DOES state he'd cut spending.

Your intellectual dishonesty is showing........

Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TomSmith
I don't think that even Trump has the balls to roll out specific spending cuts, the kind that would really matter like cuts to Soc Security, this early in the primary process.

Why would he do that when there are still a dozen others that are fighting for the nomination?

Clearly, the cuts that need to happen to get the debt under control have to come from Soc Sec entitlements. I'm all for real spending cuts and for balanced budgets but if Trump starts down that road, he'll lose every senior in the country. All the others will pile on and pledge to never cut these programs. You'll end up with more of the same.

Not sure if Trump will actually make these cuts when, or if, he gets the chance but its pretty hard to trash the guy because he doesn't show his hand this early in the race.

He keeps showing us his ass so seeing his hand with actual plans would be a welcome change...

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

I haven't decided, but Trump is at the bottom of my list until he can do basic math and say more substantial things than he's great and the others suck, as they all suck in many ways...

math...

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/...ised-Trade-Agreements-Deep-Spending-Cuts

Directly from your "source":

He's very detailed about cutting taxes, but extremely vague about how those spending cuts would offset his tax decreases... Try again.

That's editorial opinionated commentary... what about what Trump said on issues you said he hasn't addressed. It took me 60 seconds to google the answer to your 'questions'.

You guys are funny in your ignorance, this has been out there for months.

Kent

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Try again and read not only the article where he references very concrete tax cuts but very euphemistic spending cuts not grounded in actual reality (and most one time gains). As noted in several of my posts if he knows specifically how he would cut taxes he should state specifically how he is going to offset that money with decreased spending.

Last edited by bobhanson1; 09/28/15. Reason: too many quotes
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sounds like you've made up your mind regardless of what he shows you...

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Try again and read not only the article where he references very concrete tax cuts but very euphemistic spending cuts not grounded in actual reality (and most one time gains). As noted in several of my posts if he knows specifically how he would cut taxes he should state specifically how he is going to offset that money with decreased spending.

Once again - you're wrong. You asked for him to mention that he's cutting spending. He specifically said he's cutting spending.

You're wrong - I suspect you're used to it which is why you won't admit it.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TomSmith

Trump doesn't strike me as a "we're wasteful spending" as much as he is a "I'm gonna generate revenues to cover all this stuff"

but....at some point I bet he will get serious about cuts - by focusing on how inefficient government currently is

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Funny, now he say's spending cuts but he's not specific enough this 'late' in the campaign.

Kent

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Wonder how much will be made up going after hedge fund managers..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Once again - you're wrong. You asked for him to mention that he's cutting spending. He specifically said he's cutting spending.

Read his list of proposed cuts genius, which include "reworking trade deals" and tell me how that generates tax money other than the pie in the sky "we'll sell more stuff" overseas... Saying you're going to cut spending while referencing things that don't actually really affect spending is saying nothing at all...

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Trump's plan, as I understand it, would cut government revenues (expenses are not so easy to cut) so the deficit and national debt would increase.

Ronald Reagan advocated supply side economics and while the economy blossomed, the national debt increased. George Bush also cut taxes and expenses grew alarmingly as we fought in Afghanistan and and Iraq.

When will the American voter learn?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rosco1
Wonder how much will be made up going after hedge fund managers..

Nothing, what he takes away from them on carried interest he just gives back to them in the form of a much lower income tax... He's a magician at his finest using misdirection wherever he can...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Read his list of proposed cuts genius, which include "reworking trade deals" and tell me how that generates tax money other than the pie in the sky "we'll sell more stuff" overseas... Saying you're going to cut spending while referencing things that don't actually really affect spending is saying nothing at all...

Kerrrist - are you intentionally stupid?

Cutting SPENDING is not the same as GENERATING TAX MONEY.

What the F part of his statement of how we spend money to protect Germany, Korea, Saudi Arabia yet get no reimbursement and that this would change isn't "cutting spending"?

Wait - it's not the first thing listed?

Your flagrant stupidity is showing and you've easily proven you're not to be taken seriously about any subject.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Trump is really creating policy just based on paying attention to Americas anger in the past few years.

Clearly there is an issue with illegals.

there is an issue with wall street people making way too much money

people (in the general term, not conservatives) want affordable health care and all but the people getting it free realize its been a colossal disaster

I honestly think Trump just has a braintrust that sits around with him and says "what is pissing people off and how do I present a solution that makes sense to both conservatives and liberals?"

like this tax thing - 0% tax for people who already don't pay anything - brilliant, tax cuts for people making less than $50K - great - tax the wealthiest people who don't pay the same rate because its not considered income - great

Unlike McCain and Romney, who pushed their conservative credentials during the GOP primary and then tried to sell themselves as moderates to the liberals, Trump is already playing to the masses on both sides.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Kerrrist - are you intentionally stupid?

Cutting SPENDING is not the same as GENERATING TAX MONEY.

What the F part of his statement of how we spend money to protect Germany, Korea, Saudi Arabia yet get no reimbursement and that this would change isn't "cutting spending"?

Wait - it's not the first thing listed?

Your flagrant stupidity is showing and you've easily proven you're not to be taken seriously about any subject.

Good try but no dice... Check out how many of those defense agreements occur via treaty or oil in Saudi Arabia's case. While it's easy to run off at the mouth about how he could do it overnight, that isn't actually the case and ignores we have financial interests served by maintaining some of those bases he would close or ask to be paid for... Just keep drinking the kool-aid and not asking for real answers and let us know how much better off you are under trump as president.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.