Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
From the PM gunswizard sent me, and then removed herself from:
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Sir,

I am a gunsmith but that doesn't mean I know everything, I sometimes ask for advice. Your remark was unwarranted, in the future unless you can add something constructive please refrain from posting. Please consider this PM to be rhetorical, no reply sought.

Thanks,

BT

My seperate PM to reply:
#1. I said I thought were a gunsmith, because I thought I remembered you saying you were gunsmith at some point. No slight was intended, but clearly you found some. My query obviously struck some nerve with you. I'll say now though that a "gunsmith" who can't figure out how to adjust a user friendly trigger like a Timney even with instructions is not a real confidence booster... I would think that any "gunsmith" who could find his ass with both hands could manage it. My suggestion to call Timney was a genuine one. They are more than helpful, and back their product well.

#2. Sending PM's to chastise someone for your perceived offense, and then removing yourself from the PM is a very "bitch" move. Though given your overt sensitivity in this case I find it less than surprising.

I'll not remove myself from this PM so you can feel free to reply or delete it. I'd wager it's clear which path you'll choose though.
Tom

The "P" in "PM" stands for "PRIVATE"
It's pretty low class to post it.
That's a "bitch move" too.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Amen to the above statement.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
GunWIZARD.

LMAO.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
But what the world would like to know is this:Did he get the creep out? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
If a Timney has creep, look at engagement, it may be too much. You don't need a lot. I'd get the specs from Timney if I didn't know how much was enough, or too little.

Generally Timneys are very good triggers, I have several and none have been problems in any way.

DF

This^^^

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Seriously DF laughing your azz off? Evryone on this forum knows exactly the kind of azzclown you are after feigning alcoholic rehab, shows the kind of ballz you have commenting about anyone else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snyper
From the PM gunswizard sent me, and then removed herself from:
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Sir,

I am a gunsmith but that doesn't mean I know everything, I sometimes ask for advice. Your remark was unwarranted, in the future unless you can add something constructive please refrain from posting. Please consider this PM to be rhetorical, no reply sought.

Thanks,

BT

My seperate PM to reply:
#1. I said I thought were a gunsmith, because I thought I remembered you saying you were gunsmith at some point. No slight was intended, but clearly you found some. My query obviously struck some nerve with you. I'll say now though that a "gunsmith" who can't figure out how to adjust a user friendly trigger like a Timney even with instructions is not a real confidence booster... I would think that any "gunsmith" who could find his ass with both hands could manage it. My suggestion to call Timney was a genuine one. They are more than helpful, and back their product well.

#2. Sending PM's to chastise someone for your perceived offense, and then removing yourself from the PM is a very "bitch" move. Though given your overt sensitivity in this case I find it less than surprising.

I'll not remove myself from this PM so you can feel free to reply or delete it. I'd wager it's clear which path you'll choose though.
Tom

The "P" in "PM" stands for "PRIVATE"
It's pretty low class to post it.
That's a "bitch move" too.

Yeah okay bitch...
Here's the lowdown since you're pretty clearly lacking in reading comprehension. Duncewizard sent me an unsolicited drive-by PM to bitch at me for asking a question and making a suggestion. Then tried to block me and remove herself from the conversation before I replied.
So yeah that's the bitch move...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I added a photo of what screw to use and can look through the very convenient small window hole to watch your sear engagement. It took me longer to add the arrows in the photo than it did to read the instructions and find out which screw it was. good luck with "gunsmithing" gunwizard

Attached Images
109-SP-SO3-A3.png (48.67 KB, 28 downloads)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PS I use Heavy clear finger nail polish on set screws. it comes off easy and keeps screws from moving

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Got news for both of em and any other so called smith who joined into this rediculous childish discussion...........I wouldn't let any one of you touch my firearm..........your arrogance is sickening.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
The trigger has not "developed creep". The creep existed from the start but smoothing of the sear surface with use has made it more noticable. Reduction of sear engagement is the most likely cure. If you are a gunsmith, you should be able to easily ascertain which screw is the sear engagement screw. If you cannot, you should probably not mess with triggers and should take it to a gunsmith who is familiar with trigger work. GD

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (17CalFan, 1936M71, 12savage, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,980
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.