Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Anyone else find it amazing we haven't heard from SM on this subject ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

Shhhhhhh! wink

Actually, yes. I figured he'd be the first one to reply.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was born with one kidney and it's a mixed blessing. Found out about it when I was a teenager and had an IVP. The docs say "avoid trauma" as if one wouldn't otherwise, and any time I have any symptom of a urinary infection (haven't had one in several years) I don't dally around; I go to the doc pronto.

It got me classified 1-Y and then 4-F for the draft; kept me out of Vietnam but also disqualified me from serving in the military in any capacity. Until then I had strongly considered a military career.

In practical daily life, it doesn't really affect me at all; I'm healthy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm surprised it made you 4F as it's something the military doesn't screen for now. Lots of us served a full military career on one kidney. The way I look at it is I only have one liver too and that hasn't kept me from anything. One is plenty.

Lots of people only have one and don't know it. Unless you've had some type of diagnostic test that shows both kidneys, how would you know?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Lost one to cancer six years ago. Pray that you don't get a kidney stone and block the remaining one. Not a fun trip. Other than that you will do fine. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

When I first saw the post I almost mentioned SM, but decided against it. shocked
Actually he was last on today at 3:07 and his (ex)wife has not been on since Sept 28th, so maybe she wised up.

And on the subject of loser, I recall someone's crap about the Seahawks and some dynasty, now how did that work out for that oh so civil person?
I believe there are still apologies owed to some, another class act.
Will be a good season and interesting if they can both redeem themselves this year. confused whistle

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
k20350 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank u to everyone for the reply's. Truely. From what they have seem from imaging it hasn't spread but they say they can't say for sure till they are in there. Bit of a shocker for sure. Hardly and cancer in either sides of my family. Just luck of the draw I guess. I have been pretty calm about it but it does creep up in the mind from time to time. I'm also quite attached to my internal organs literally and figuratively.

Gon Huntin hope all goes well man. I really do. Maybe we can start a One Kidney Club?

Last edited by k20350; 10/02/15.
k20350 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Partsman

When I first saw the post I almost mentioned SM, but decided against it. shocked
Actually he was last on today at 3:07 and his (ex)wife has not been on since Sept 28th, so maybe she wised up.

I was kinda hoping it wouldn't turn into a flame fest. As much as he deserves it. Just hoping to unite the single kidneyed among us.

k20350 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Technically, yes, I have one kidney, but it's the same size as 2 kidneys. It's a horseshoe kidney. It's what happens when the single large kidney we're born with doesn't separate into 2 separate kidneys as we develop.

That aside, I hope everything goes as well as possible for you, k20350.

It's almost like u have a superpower!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a close friend that was born with only one. It wasn't discovered until he was in high school and he is just fine. 6'6" and a doughnut short of 320 lbs. to this day at 50 years old and still kicking ass.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Partsman

Get a life you canuck LOSER!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck with the surgery.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I'm surprised it made you 4F as it's something the military doesn't screen for now. Lots of us served a full military career on one kidney. The way I look at it is I only have one liver too and that hasn't kept me from anything. One is plenty.

Lots of people only have one and don't know it. Unless you've had some type of diagnostic test that shows both kidneys, how would you know?

They first classified me 1-Y and showed me in the draft regs where it said "Absence of one kidney, regardless of cause" disqualified me except in the event of "war or national emergency." Later, I was surprised to get a new draft classification, 4-F, in the mail when we were winding down from Vietnam. And you are absolutely right; how would anyone know without certain medical tests?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
I worked with a mexican guy that had one nut and one kidney. He pissed a lot and had 6 kids ,didnt seem to bother him at all.

I just had to bump this one. You get a gold star sir. To the OP, sounds like one should do the trick. Good luck and heal quick!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best of luck to you sir.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I understand it'd pretty common that s person had only one functioning kidney and you never know it

k20350 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanx to all for the well wishes. I am finally home after 5 days in the hospital. 5 of literally the worst i ever have personally endured. I thank god for my wife because I don't think I could have gotten through it without her. Well for all who asked THE CANCER IS NO MORE!! But the bad part is they make u walk to try to work the gasses out of your body and I twisted my knee. That hurts more than my surgery site. gotta have a catheter for the next 2 weeks too which is gonna suck but oh well I go for imaging in a couple weeks but he says he's fairly certain it;s gone for good. Thanx again and god bless my wife she never left my side the whole time. Also god bless my family who took care of our children and Kept our house running I love her more than anything in the world.

Last edited by k20350; 10/19/15.
k20350 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
TTP

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad to hear it!

After they took mine out, my brother in law asked if I pee'd half as much or twice as often! grin

Cancer Sucks
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by k20350
Thanx to all for the well wishes. I am finally home after 5 days in the hospital. 5 of literally the worst i ever have personally endured. I thank god for my wife because I don't think I could have gotten through it without her. Well for all who asked THE CANCER IS NO MORE!! But the bad part is they make u walk to try to work the gasses out of your body and I twisted my knee. That hurts more than my surgery site. gotta have a catheter for the next 2 weeks too which is gonna suck but oh well I go for imaging in a couple weeks but he says he's fairly certain it;s gone for good. Thanx again and god bless my wife she never left my side the whole time. Also god bless my family who took care of our children and Kept our house running I love her more than anything in the world.

Congrats on the surgical success and here's to wishing and praying you remain Cancer Free....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 16 invisible), 1,931 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,894
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.