-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If that's your Pretend, enjoy it (but it's subjective).

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
TAC shines for me behind a Barnes in both .223AI and plain Vanilla .222 ( with a tight twist)....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Back on topic.. wink

Knowing how much Boxer loves all things Texas and Weatherby, figured I'd show him some love with a pic of a Texas 10 point taken with my Mark V 270 Roy. Hehe.

[Linked Image]

One more from Texas...
[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
NICE! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Very nice!, so is the deer smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'348,

Facts is never subjective and that'd be the beautiful sanctity of same.

I don't feel compelled to apologize,for being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Hint...................

elkkchunt,

How long do it take the "sweet satisfaction" of Imagination and Pretend to kick in,when danglin' pics of them you'll never meet,from places you'll never go?

Thanks for the "particulars",in advance.

Laughing!................

'gwe,

TAC don't shine anywhere...which is of course THE funniest part. 'Course it's beyond a touch handy,to have more than a few powders on hand to extrapolate,through more than a few like chambered rifles,when actually seeing what do what and more importantly,why.

10-X throttles it,as do more than a couple few others. That in both Precision,ES/SD and velocity all. The 62X is the pick of that litter.

Hint..................

'fan1,

Pard sluiced this,last week and it's fair to middlin'. 700 based,McMillan,S/S Custom spout and a 250 Skinner. If it assists with Imagination and Pretend,folks can certainly formulate the Delusion that the glass don't wear turrets. Lazed,doped and actually pounded from a SFT/Manfrotto.

He called last night pissed and mad,because ImageShack is hinky and he had no luck on 'bucket either,so asked to see if I could get it loaded. Got it beat into 'bucket.

Antlers only weighed 110# and perspective,is never not interestin'.

[Linked Image]

The Texas Version of EVERYTHING,is fhuqking hilarious!....................

Whore Hey!,

You were "telling" me about LR "qualifications" and Rat Sheep. Don't "forget".

Don't let the cat get your tongue,or the couch your kchunt.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Back at you.

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
THE funniest part is that TAC makes H335 look like what it is...fertilizer. laugh

Slumming the TAC and 55 TTSX, and livin' the dream! cool

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
B,

It ain't nuthin' but a thang.

I'm off to the Petting Zoo till Monday or Tuesday, catch you on my return if your still here.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and last but not least.......

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

PS: BTW, when my old pap' was 86 I asked his long time doctor and fishing buddy should he slow down or stop his consumption of adult beverages. The doc's reply was what, tell him if he quits he might live a couple extra years. He then looked and me and said, Geedub, I know a lot more old drunks than old doctors.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'm looking for that Blackbuck, come spring!

Keep feeding and petting him till I get there!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya

[Linked Image]

Geedubya,

What ya shooting there? A 6.5 Creed or an AI of some sort? Or a 284-ish win?

Last edited by David_Walter; 10/01/15.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awesome Moose picture Stick. Moose were my thing when I could afford such things. I went on five Moose hunts. I never get tired of seeing pics of good bulls and that one is amazing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'348,

Facts is never subjective and that'd be the beautiful sanctity of same.

I don't feel compelled to apologize,for being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Hint...................

Whatever makes you happy, tickles me plumb to death.

Congrats to your pal on the moose. Hope next time he can find a BIG one! Maybe he should try Texas.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Nice deer!

Interior or up north?

Originally Posted by Big Stick
[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whore Hey!,

You could be blindfolded with dental floss. NO fhuqking wonder you gotta pay...to have your hand held. Congratulations?

Bless your heart...............

Gee',

Do whatever is requisite...to salve your Reality.

Bless your heart..............

'gwe,

'335 will push the 62TSX at 3400fps in a 21-incher. Hint.

Startin' to taste like Fall,around here. H-110 and 35gr Coconuts in one,'296 and 35gr 'Max in the other...formin' at 3030fps.

[Linked Image]

Gots me a hunch,both will be wearin' a Variable Fixed Fhuqker Illuminati...before all the dust settles................

Dooshmike,

If that ain't "large"...it's sure as fhuqks gotta be close...................(grin)

'348,

He's got a Texas Moose Hunt on layaway.

Laughing!...............

'bender,

Central Kansas. Weather was a touch warm and they wasn't quite vocal yet...but it were close.

He was wishin' he had a blued Weatherby.

Laughing!..............

elkkchunt,

"Congratulations" on staying within your pay grade and for stealin' someone else's pixels.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now wait a minute Boxer. You tell me this and I agree to do so:
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

'Sky,
I don't feel compelled to apologize,for being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. Your only GOOD move,is to print what I say and apply same.

You know I will my friend. Be well.

And then you go and say this.

'Sky,
You won't,because you can't and rest assured...THAT is the fhuqking hilarious part.

C'mob buddy, at least give me the chance to comply. You always tell me and others to take notes and apply the same. When I agree to do so, you go off the deep end. You have to at least appreciate my willingness to learn. Drive on bud.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
I'm thinking GWB is a trust fund baby or something he can't have time to work between shooting hogs, cooking, drinking and taking pictures laugh

Mike

What's the old line, don't tell my mom I work in the oilfields, she thinks I'm a piano player in a whorehouse.
Well I can resemble that remark. My grandpa on my father's side was illiterate as was my grand-ma. He ran a gang of mules and nigras on pipeline and would be gone months at a time. It fell to my dad to walk down the rail-road tracks to the local merchant to cajole him for food on credit till his pa got back and could pay. His oldest brother dropped out of high school and joined the tree-army during the depression to help feed the family. They lived in tar-paper shacks and had to dob newspapers in the cracks to keep from freezing in the winter. My grand-pa on my mother’s side was a wild-catter. His last name was Bradford. He was raised by an old single uncle, cause his dead mother's sister swore she'd never have a Bradford boy in her house. My Great grandma on my mother's side ran a boarding house and followed the oil-fields. My maternal grandpa caught my maternal grandma when she was 15. My mom was born when she was sixteen. My dad was born in Goose Creek (now Baytown). Perhaps you've heard the joke, “You know you're from Baytown Texas if you've ever used lard in bed”.

I tell folks that when I was born my parents were so po' that they couldn't afford a name, just intitials. I've been GW all my life. I can remember being about 10 years old and getting hand-me-down gun mags from a kid down the street whose dad owned a factory. I swore if I ever made any money I'd own some fire-arms. One might postulate that I’ve gone off the deep end. But if schitt ever truly hits the fan, I figure, guns, knives, hand tools, cigarettes, whiskey and such will have much more trading power than gold or silver.
I started mowing yards at 10, janitor at 16. Welder's helper, pipe-fitters helper, loaded trucks at a sheet metal plant while in high school. After I graduated from HS, I sold Fuller Brush door to door. Worked with a framing crew off and on for a year or so, 70 hours a week @ $2.50, but the guy didn't take out taxes, so I thought I was in tall cotton. Waited tables and bartended for 7 years while going to college and staying out of 'Nam. Never graduated. I got something like 170 hours with 140 or so "C" or better. Ran a steel fabrication job shop for 10 years, then went broke and lost every thing except my wife and kids. Spent three years floundering trying to sell life insurance on the debit, while delivering pizza at night and then getting up at 3 in the morning to go roll the Houston Post and throw a paper route. . I also wholesaled cars for a while during this period. Had a friend that would let me use his "P" number. I'd go buy cars from banks and Savings and loans or dealers and then give them a sight draft. That draft had to be redeemed in 24 hours. I did not have a pot to piss in but I'd buy 15 or 20K worth of cars and have to have them turned by the next day or my bud's license was forfeit. Didn't take long to get tired of that pressure. Talked myself into a Farmer's Insurance agency for a couple years till I got screwed by my DM. In 1989 I got a break (or you could say I made a break). My brother was doing commercial real estate appraisals . The owner of the shop would not hire me as I was almost 40 yrs. old, had a wife and 3 kids and no college degree (Preferably from the Texas A&M LERE program). However, my brother would hand me a file and say “see what you can do”. I’d go to the filing cabinet and pull out a report on a similar property and go to work. Because of my background I could talk to anybody from the outhouse to the penthouse. Within six months I was the top producer out of a staff of 13 appraisers. Why, cause I’d work a hundred hours a week. Next thing ya know the boss took me out from under my brother who he paid A 41% split and told me he was hiring me as a trainee at 37%. I hung in for two year till I got my license and went out on my own. I ended up doing my own thing and got lucky by availing myself of OPT, OPE and OPM and to a large degree dumb luck as the time was right. I quit doing appraisals in 96 and RE brokerage in 98 to manage my own investments. Been doing that and hunting and shooting since.

Also I don't invest in the stock market or buy gold. I used to have guys call em and want me to invest with them. I'd ask if they knew the story of "ham and eggs". Naturally they would not, so I would explain, "To the chicken it's not big deal, but to the pig, it's total commitment". They had no skin in the game. I did. If they lost my money, no big deal,as it wasn't any different than the other folks money they lost also and it weren't theirs. Nobody takes care of your stuff the way that you do.

I drive old cars, wear a cheap watch and don’t buy depreciating assets on time. I’ve used the example before. If you buy a $60,000 Ford Pick-em up truck and finance it for six years at 6% interest your monthly payment is +/- $995 per month at 3% it’s +/-$911 per month. That don’t include what you have to pay for your monthly insurance premium. I’ve never owned a new vehicle and never had a car/truck note. If I buy a rifle at 60% of MSRP each month for 72 months , at the end of that term they will most likely be worth at least what I paid for them and most likely more. The 6 year old truck will probably be worth $15,000 or less. That’s not smart in my book. I don't buy into much of what the real estate or investment guru's say but I do agree with one thing Robert Kiyosaki sez, "the man that is truly rich is the man that has more income from his income producing properties, than he has debt") Buy low, sell high, collect early and pay late. Live a life of delayed gratification. Do that for twenty or thirty years and one can let his assets support him, rather than him support his assets (and a home is not an asset, but that for another time), then one can spend time hunting, cooking, posting on the internet and taking pix.

Just sayin’

GWB

Great story - thanks for sharing it.

Last edited by sigguy; 10/01/15.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

'gwe,

'335 will push the 62TSX at 3400fps in a 21-incher. Hint.

Startin' to taste like Fall,around here. H-110 and 35gr Coconuts in one,'296 and 35gr 'Max in the other...formin' at 3030fps.

[Linked Image]

Tasting like fall here too...

Though I must admit I used factory Ammo in the 17 Hummer for this meal..

[Linked Image]

And the Hassenpfeffer packers took a major hit this week, and I didn't need a 62 TSX for them grin

Actually used a "reduced" load in the 223AI...it was " Bunny Friendly" but only to a point wink
Twerent loaded with H335 either...didnt want my gun to blow up! laugh

Last edited by ingwe; 10/01/15.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TBS,

You haven't the means,abilities or comprehension to apply.

Bless your heaert.

May your Imagination and it's Pretend,be enough to get you through.

Laughing!..........

siggay,

Few things as "compelling",as a Texas Losing The Shirt Story.

Bless your heart.................

'gwe,

I've no recollection of a Hummer,nor any experience with same.

Laughing!

THE Baddest Hummer On The Planet is a .720" LW at 18",RB triggered,McMillan'd(floated) and wears a 10x MQ'd Fixed Fhuqker with dope to the 800yd line.

"Reduced" .22" Loads,involve an Anschutz 54,a 75MOA rail,40+ Mils of erector travel,10 Mils of windshield and an ounce trigger.

'Bucket is down...so you can use your Imagination and Pretend...............

elkkchunt,

You "hard charging" Lucky Bitch.

Laughing!..................

Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (300_savage, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 673, 17 invisible), 1,255 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,128
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.