-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have identified in another thread several reasons why The Donald is the frontrunner and is perhaps the only GOP candidate who can win the general election. Who would have thought this a year ago?

Much of that comes from his toughness, candor and willingness to state his positions rather than waffle as the others do.

In fact, the more he speaks on different issues, his stands become clearer and the more confident I am that he is on track. In no way should he be more specific than he is, no matter how much the pundits complain.

As we draw slowly closer to the nominations, I think others will step away from supporting Carson, who after all is a very fine neurologist, smart fellow and thoughtful speaker, and Fiorina, who is a very clever speaker with tremendous baggage and a suspect record -– when they realize they are not up to the job requirements. I'd rather have an SOB than the nicest guy in the world.

The others are pols, who are likely to be stuck in the beltway and party mindsets that are the basis for so many problems.

There will always be some who hate him, but people do like a winner and many will come around. He is patriotic and respectful of the Constitution. I would trust his Supreme Court choices.

Trump says he is a financial and business success and a dealmaker who knows how to assemble a great team. Based in what I know, which is second-hand, but probably more knowledgeable than most (I have worked in the same areas with folks who know him), his claims seem valid. I think that is just what we need.

I also think most folks here, and hopefully enough of those elsewhere, appreciate his positions on some of the crazy things going on in the economy and with immigration.

We will see, but at present my view is that we could do a lot worse then Trump.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Serious question: What if Cruz were to climb in the polls between now and the primary? Would any of the Trump supporters consider him?

Not trying to be confrontational. Just asking. Is it Trump or nobody?

Kelly
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Some people would. Some people wouldn't. Cruz has demonstrated his allegiance to the Israel lobby. Some people are alright with that. For some people, that's end game.

It's a calculated position. Some people jump all over it. Some people try to ride the middle.

It gains some votes and it costs some votes.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised that Cruz isn't doing better in the polls. I'm not sure why, but I suspect that taking the side of the Israel lobby doesn't carry the clout that it once did.

Who knows why? But it's evident that Cruz isn't getting the job done.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KMS
Serious question: What if Cruz were to climb in the polls between now and the primary? Would any of the Trump supporters consider him?

Speaking for myself, I can't bring myself to vote for anyone who's already pledged undying loyalty to a foreign power ... Loyalty above what he owes to Americans. He's stated as much openly. "If you're not with Israel, I'm not with you." - Ted Cruz

That's just not acceptable for an American presidential candidate. I don't care what the context was. If he's the candidate, I'll protest vote third party.

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Israel is our only ally in the middle east. Supporting them and standing up for them when the others have vowed their destruction isn't the same as supporting the lobby. Would yall just leave them hanging? At the very least, we should allow them to attack their aggressors.

What if Russia, China and Iran (who have now joined forces in Syria) decide to attack Israel? You wouldn't be in favor of coming to Israel's aid?

Kelly
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
What if a candidate put the interests of America first?

That's what Trump's doing.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Israel is our only ally in the middle east.

I'm so tired of that tasty bit of propaganda I could puke.

You're being played...like a friggen Kosher harp.

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by KMS

Speaking for myself, I can't bring myself to vote for anyone who's already pledged undying loyalty to a foreign power ... Loyalty above what he owes to Americans. He's stated as much openly. "If you're not with Israel, I'm not with you." - Ted Cruz

That's just not acceptable for an American presidential candidate. I don't care what the context was. If he's the candidate, I'll protest vote third party.

That's what worries me. It looks like too many have taken the position that if Trump isn't the nominee, then they'll stay home on election day. Trump, or burn it down. God help us if that's the case.

Kelly
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by KMS
Israel is our only ally in the middle east. .

Also,..Fiorina recently said that we should be arming our allies, the Sunni Muslims in the Middle East.

It wasn't that long ago that U.S. Marines were fighting the Sunni Muslims in Fallujah, Iraq.

So who in the fug is that stupid wench talking about?

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Israel is our only ally in the middle east.

I'm so tired of that tasty bit of propaganda I could puke.

You're being played...like a friggen Kosher harp.

Sorry you feel that way.

Kelly
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The U.S. government recently fought a war to overthrow the Sunni Muslims in Iraq.

Now, Fiorina is saying that America should arm the Sunni Muslims in order to overthrow Assad in Syria?

That bitch is crazy.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Some people still fail to realize that the GOP is badly split. There's the mainstream Republicans who continue to go along with the RNC's agenda, and then there's the protest vote made up of those who are having no more of the RNC's bullshit.

A big part of Trump's support comes from the protest vote. That's why the RNC's media machine can't shake it loose. The protest voters know the score and don't give a damn what the media says about a candidate who is obviously in the way of the RNC's plan.

The protest vote won't turn out for any of the other candidates. Essentially, they comprise a totally different ideology than that offered by the RNC.

On the other hand, Trump is acceptable to the mainstream Republican voters. If Trump is the nominee, the mainstream voters will turn out to vote for him in the general election.

If Trump isn't the GOP nominee, the protest voters will stay home.

Hence, it's Trump or another Democrat administration.

I think the above is a very good assessment.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The U.S. government recently fought a war to overthrow the Sunni Muslims in Iraq.

Now, Fiorina is saying that America should arm the Sunni Muslims in order to overthrow Assad in Syria?

That bitch is crazy.

She's a typical brainwashed student of the neocon bullshit ideology.

Very weary of it myself.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
Can anyone find an Arkansas poll, love to know if the Huckster is carrying Arkansas

THANKS

Cruz is one of two Senators currently serving Texas.

The Huckster has been out of Arkansas politics for what, 8 or 10 years?

Apples to organes. You cannot make that argument.

The Big Three are Ca., Tx., and NY. It's a given that Ca and NY are going Democrate in the general election.

Cruz had better win...and win BIG in the Texas Rep primary.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

You better fall on your knees and pray that he doesn't.

Ain't no way in hell he can win the general election.

Hell,...he barely has any GOP support. You've *got* to realize that he has no chance at the crossover vote.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by KMS
As much as we all like to tell everyone what's gonna happen, the fact is none of us has a clue how this will shake out.

I've got a pretty good idea. The RNC started out playing its games again,...trying to push Jeb. Jeb is at 4% now and the RNC is trying to destroy the candidacy of the polling leader.

If the RNC succeeds,..the Democrats win.

Exactly!

Did you hear how the outgoing Speaker of the House describe one of his own GOP candidates.

The RNC hates Tea Party concervatives more than the Democrates. They just won't play ball.

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

You better fall on your knees and pray that he doesn't.

Ain't no way in hell he can win the general election.

Hell,...he barely has any GOP support. You've *got* to realize that he has no chance at the crossover vote.

.....and Trump has the GOP support? I thought the GOP support was a bad thing. Not following your logic.

Kelly
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KMS
Israel is our only ally in the middle east. Supporting them and standing up for them when the others have vowed their destruction isn't the same as supporting the lobby. Would yall just leave them hanging? At the very least, we should allow them to attack their aggressors.

What if Russia, China and Iran (who have now joined forces in Syria) decide to attack Israel? You wouldn't be in favor of coming to Israel's aid?
Of all nations to do that for, why Israel, which has spied on us, given our nuclear secrets to the Soviet Union, attempted to murder the entire crew of the USS Liberty, perpetrated terrorist bombings against us in the Lavon Affair, etc., etc.,. WWIII for them? What are you smoking tonight?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by KMS

.....and Trump has the GOP support?

That's what the numbers say.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ringworm
Does it have to be said that Americas done with having ANY black man as president.

You could say it...but it would probably apply to just a few.

If skin color were the issue, Carter and Clinton were enough to stop me from voting for white folks.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.