Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by deflave
So his latest opinion differs from his previous opinion.

Wow. Won't find that in any other political candidate.

Travis

Try Romney...

The guy that supported government funded health care until he didn't? I did try him. He lost.

Next.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the issue with Trump and Carson is can you trust them once they are president to actually stick to their campaign promises.

To be perfectly candid, I don't know that I trust either one of them.

Neither Carson nor Trump have had any epiphanies on gun control - their position isn't one out of "you know, I've seen the light" - its a " there is a severe backlash among the people I need to vote for me on this position so I need to change"

The same with Rubio on immigration, Bush on the wars, Fiorina on ...aww who the phug is actually listening to that corporate idiot, on and on.

I can't say that Cruz has done that on his positions.

That said, Trump is the only one that isn't owned, that doesn't base his statements balancing the desires of the voting base to the wants of the money lenders - and as long as he doesn't go completely off the rails, I'm going to support him.

Its a gamble, but so it voting for any of these people. The odds are high that all of them will fail - but I'd rather one be bold about it than nuanced.

I want a president to either succeed like great presidents before him or completely crash and burn. We don't need a gatekeeper who just shows up and compromises, and we need a president we have faith in to accomplish great things.

Carson? no, Fiorina? do I really even have to consider her? Bush, Jindal, Christie, Kasich, Rubio - do you sense the potential for greatness with any of them?

then why support them?

Last edited by KFWA; 10/05/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
For the primary, support who you want.

For the election, support whoever wins the primary. Because the risks associated with the Dems getting another 4 or 8 years in the White House are too great.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I dunno. I kinda like him.

NEW YORK — Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who trails only Donald Trump at the top of the Republican presidential field, says the lesson of the nation's latest mass shooting isn't to enact more limits on guns but to consider whether gun-free zones actually may be drawing shooters.

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson (Photo: Michael Monday, for USA TODAY)
In a wide-ranging interview with Capital Download, Carson endorsed expanding efforts to identify and treat the mentally ill before they commit acts of violence. He also suggested it might make sense to arm kindergarten teachers, and he rejected as wrong-headed proposals to restore the ban on military-style assault weapons.

"Would that have prevented this? No," Carson told USA TODAY's weekly newsmaker series. "Would it have prevented the one before? No. I'm for doing things that work, not for things that stroke the emotions."

Carson outlines how he says his political philosophy on gun control and other issues is grounded in the Constitution in a new book, A More Perfect Union, being published Tuesday by Sentinel. One of the trio of outsiders who have shaken the GOP race this year, the renowned pediatric neurosurgeon combines a soft-spoken manner with strongly held and hard-edged conservative views, particularly on social issues.

Ben Carson's new book, "A More Perfect Union: What We the People Can Do to Reclaim Our Constitutional more
"If I had a little kid in kindergarten somewhere I would feel much more comfortable if I knew on that campus there was a police officer or somebody who was trained with a weapon," he says. Including the teacher? "If the teacher was trained in the use of that weapon and had access to it, I would be much more comfortable if they had one than if they didn't."

He says the idea of declaring gun-free zones may be counterproductive. The gunmen "tend to pick places that are gun-free zones," he says. "They aren't likely to go into a place where they are likely to get shot."

He keeps a gun himself at a home he owns in a secluded area, "way out in the country, away from the police, away from anybody," he says. "If someone is, you know, threatening your life or the life of your family and you don't have ready access to the police, I would prefer to have a mechanism for protecting myself."

But he's never had to use it.

The nation's continuing debate over gun control has been spotlighted by the shooting rampage last week at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore., that left nine victims dead before the shooter allegedly killed himself. Umpqua bans guns and other weapons, but state law allows people with concealed permits to carry guns on the campus.

While Carson once supported the idea of banning assault weapons and armor-piercing ammunition, he says he changed his mind after he read more about the history of tyranny, a subject explored in his new 240-page book.

Ben Carson greets audience members following a town hall meeting on Oct. 2, 2015, in Ankeny, Iowa. (Photo: Charlie Neibergall, AP)
"Reading people like Daniel Webster, who talked about tyranny in Europe and said it would never occur in America because the American people were armed," he says. "When you look at tyranny and how it occurs, the pattern is so consistent: Get rid of the guns for the people first so you can go in and dominate them."

Asked whether many Americans worried less about the threat from the government and more about the threat of fellow citizens armed with assault rifles, Carson replied: "You need to be able to protect yourself from both."

Carson, now 64, admits to being surprised with his political rise since his address to the National Prayer Breakfast in 2013 drew the attention of evangelical Christians and others who urged him to get into politics. In the RealClearPolitics average of recent national polls, Trump runs first in the Republican field at 23%, followed by Carson at 17% and former CEO Carly Fiorina at 11%. Among the more traditional contenders — that is, those who have previously held elective office —only Florida Sen. Marco Rubio breaks into double digits, at 10%.

USA TODAY
What's the appeal of Ben Carson? Iowans say he inspires

"It says that the people are actually starting to wake up and recognize that politics-as-usual is not taking us where we want to be," Carson says of the strength of the outsider candidates. "In fact, it's leading us in exactly the opposite direction."

He rejects any parallel to the observation that a president should have experience in politics, just as most people wouldn't choose a brain surgeon who had never been in an operating room before. "Neurosurgery is considerably more complicated than politics," he scoffs. "You don't need to know nearly as much to be able to maneuver in the political world as you do in the operating room inside of somebody's brain. It's not even close."

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm going to vote for whomever Cruz endorses.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
So his latest opinion differs from his previous opinion.

Wow. Won't find that in any other political candidate.

Travis

Try Romney...

The guy that supported government funded health care until he didn't? I did try him. He lost.

Next.

Travis

Next. Trump.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Go Palin!

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Go Palin!

Trump wants Palin to take his place when his numbers fall below 20. You hear it hear first. smile

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 10/06/15.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
For the primary, support who you want.

For the election, support whoever wins the primary. Because the risks associated with the Dems getting another 4 or 8 years in the White House are too great.

if the GOP continues to choose lameass candidates to represent their voting base, then who I vote for isn't the risk to the Dems getting the White House.

Seriously, its time to start asking - would the GOP rather lose than have a candidate that threatens their power base?

We already know which candidates will do that, and which ones will be no better than a democrat.

Who we end up with should answer that question.

I won't vote to support a party that worries more about power than prosperity.

So this whole idea of supporting whoever we end up just because he has an "R" by his/her name just falls on deaf ears to me.

Last edited by KFWA; 10/06/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
(From the article)

Carson acknowledges that many people might find it “ludicrous to imagine our federal government trying to seize unconstitutional power and dominate the people.” But citing James Madison, Carson said the founder “could foresee a day in America when radicals might assume power and try to impose upon America a different system of government.”

Sadly, that day that the Founders feared & attempted to plan for, is very near unless something changes soon.

MM

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,690 guests, and 1,461 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,608
Posts18,492,399
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.