Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Just a heads up. Have brought the Remington "bucket o' bullets" http://www.cabelas.ca/product/40489/remington-bucket-22-lr-rimfire-ammunition
back on a plane several times in the past year while on travels. (They seam to be easier to find outside of AK! ) Anyhow, tonight in Green Bay TSA felt that somehow their travel violated "policy." Even though they were under 11 pounds, unopened, in original packaging, and even had a receipt(!) they were deamed "unsafe" because you "could hear them rattling around in there."
I can't make this stuff up. The Delta supervisor, who was exceedingly helpful, apologized and acknowledged that they met all of THEIR requirements, and it was a TSA issue. TSA, in usual fashion, tried to shift the buck BACK to Delta.
End result? Delta supervisor has a family friend shooting a bunch in anticipation of an upcoming youth hunt who now has 1400 extra 22 rounds, and TSA has yet another happy customer. Just keep this in mind when flying...might be better off with the 500 round boxes (if you can find them).
Cheers!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yet another example of how much safer our skies are these days……just like when TSA allowed a bag of live goldfish on board - carry-on even - in Anchorage, but the ever-vigilent TSAdudes in Kotzebue, Alaska thought we would all fly more safely if they kept them. smirk

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We have bought art work in the form of paddles back every trip from AK as carry on.

NEVER ONCE was there an issue until 3 TSA folks including a supervisor warned us that AK air would not allow on board.... And thats when I asked, but if it passes by you TSA folks, shouldn't AK be fine...

AK air was fine as usual. Though one leg we had to put them in an overhead bin...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
TSA = another .gov babysitting service.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
TSA hires people who aren't too bright.... don't have a clue, and then give them the power of God in their little Airline Gate Fifedom...

Pisses me off, for those of us who have served our country and then treated like a terrorist, when you are only guilty of trying to get from point A to point B...

Pisses me off, whether they are doing it to a veteran or some young guy still serving and traveling in uniform...

The irony of an example in SeaTac.... they confiscate shaving gear and toe nail clippers.... yet 50 feet away from their gate, there are little Kiosks that you can purchase what they just confiscated...

and then you ride in first class on the flight and they are serving steak and therefore giving those passengers steak knives...yet the Swiss Army knife I've had since 1984 can't make the flight being tucked away in my luggage, down in the bottom of the plane, out of mine or anyone else's availability...

I don't fly anywhere anymore just so I don't have to deal with their BS, as my response to it will quickly get me locked up...

plus my last name if one of the 258 names they decided to profile way back in 2001...

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Golf balls are deadly too...

Had some in my carry-on on my last trip. Had to get my bag searched and swabbed for explosives...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I can't make this stuff up. The Delta supervisor, who was exceedingly helpful, apologized and acknowledged that they met all of THEIR requirements, and it was a TSA issue. TSA, in usual fashion, tried to shift the buck BACK to Delta.
End result? Delta supervisor has a family friend shooting a bunch in anticipation of an upcoming youth hunt who now has 1400 extra 22 rounds, and TSA has yet another happy customer. Just keep this in mind when flying...might be better off with the 500 round boxes (if you can find them).
Cheers!!

The Delta guy told the TSA people to BOLO for some 22 ammo cause he needed some....

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Wish that were the case. TSA - male. Delta - All female. Delta supervisor even offered to take bucket back to Cabela's for me and send me refund. I told her they have a strict no return on ammo policy...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't flown commercial for about 5 years now and have made up my mind never to do so again. I cant imagine any circumstance that would make me get on a commercial aircraft.

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"The Warden" and I go to Chicago for her annual check-up. We fly due to lack of time, but hate it.
My straw hat set off the detectors once - and it didn't have a lick of metal in it! (The ONLY time a TSA agent apologized to either of us)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Why would you think you could bring live ammo into a plane cabin? Should've put it in your ckd luggage.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Why would you think you could bring live ammo into a plane cabin? Should've put it in your ckd luggage.

Got to be something in the water.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by wildbill59

Got to be something in the water.

LMFAO

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow. Didn't think I needed to specify, but yes, they were indeed in my checked baggage!

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Wow. Didn't think I needed to specify, but yes, they were indeed in my checked baggage!

Well people have tried bringing crap into the cabin. the TSA collects buckets of knifes daily. never underestimate what people will try.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And they miss knives that get on board daily too.

Although I"m still of the thought that if they do stop some stuff, they are doing a job and I'm thankful of that.

No one is 100% at any job.

As we've flown at least once or so a year as long as I can recall, and have never had an issue with them, I figure its ok so far. The paddle issue was kinda funny, but the only one of two times they slowed us. The other was a TSA compliant "multi tool".... won that one in the line too.

But then again we are not late, we try to get to the airport 2-3 hours prior to the flight just in case of flats, work zones, traffic, issues at the airport and so on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TSA the job that needs to go away years ago. A bunch of power hungry pedophiles.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Meanwhile, I mistakenly flew round trip with cz rimfire mags and loose 22lr rattling around my carry-on, a duffle bag cover's inside pocket. TSA never said a word. Apparently I'd forgotten them in there at some point, and didn't discover them until unpacked at home.

Just grateful I didn't have a pop tart shaped like a pistol, too - probably be typing this from prison computer lab.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RDW
[Linked Image]

I actually witnessed TSA agents putting a tiny, solid white haired elderly Catholic Nun wearing a full habit through what I thought was bit of an overboard extreme search several years back.
A couple of TSA agents were going through her bags removing what appeared to be basic personal hygiene products, bottles of shampoo, lotions, etc., while a ever growing group of agents gathered around rubber necking. The rest of the people waiting to be cleared were pretty much ignored.
Finally an agent managed to break his self away from the crowd and wipe down and clear the package I was having flown out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 41 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,747
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.