Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So, if a guy is fly fishing, and catching the most fish, you can trust him.

If he's catching diddly-squat, he's probably FOS. And smoking a pipe.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
So, if a guy is fly fishing, and catching the most fish, you can trust him.

If he's catching diddly-squat, he's probably FOS. And smoking a pipe.

Reading comprehension is a bitch in those higher elevations. If A then Z.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Total "all knowing" dumb-fuuck.

Short but sweet! Describes liberals to a tee. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Reading comprehension is especially tough when you start out each day with someone pissing in your Wheaties I hear.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He went so far as to say that the homesteaders were basically 'on welfare' because they received something for nothing.

He'd love to nationalize privately held mineral rights.

I could go on and on...

Total idiot.

Needless to say my parents make sure I'm not around during their rare visit. For my mom's sake my dad just bites his tongue.

Last edited by SamOlson; 10/05/15.
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Excellent post Bob & spot-on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Politically,never trust an avid shotgunner (nor a fly fisherman)."

Good thing you qualified that statement with "avid" because I do both occasionally...(and rather poorly).

Kidding aside,,,, there's allot of truth to that statement.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Politically,never trust an avid shotgunner (nor a fly fisherman).

Good one right here.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Speaking of sporting, shooting birds over decoys from a camo'd position isn't exactly challenging. But if someone wants to do it, have at it, I don't care.

Real men throw rocks in the tank and cut loose when they get over hard ground... grin.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I always wonder if guys like paddler enjoyed their first blow job, or if they drank to get rid of the taste afterwards

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
This idea that the majority can force their views on the minority is bogus and dangerous. I don't GAF what someone else supports or doesn't support. America is supposed to be free, a constitutional republic. I can't believe people put up with the fraud and the robbery and the tyranny that has become government at every level.

Paddler: you are free to believe what you will and support what you will. Don't force me to agree or pay for it. There is no such thing as lawful "common sense gun control". Those powers are prohibited the government according to the highest law of the land. If you like abortions, feel free to have and pay for as many as you like. What part of this stuff are you not understanding?

What part of how this nation is supposed to work are all of you not understanding? Democrats are not allowed to force their agenda upon Republicans, and force them to pay for it, and vice versa. The reason things keep getting worse in the US is that each side in this system feels justified in tyrannizing the other side, using the force of government to do so. The only winners are those of either party who are in power.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
This idea that the majority can force their views on the minority is bogus and dangerous.

It's pretty much the other way around now, well into the age of Obama...

All that matters is the minority, whatever that may be... LGBT, religion, race, anti-gun, environmental radicals, anti-Christians...

If they are a vocal minority, this administration makes sure they win, and win big.

At some point, you'd think more than a handful of normal Americans would say "enough".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Reading comprehension is especially tough when you start out each day with someone pissing in your Wheaties I hear.

When one proclaims the means first, it tells me what I need to know.

If someone were to ask me 'Are you a flyfisherman' I would answer that I'm a fisherman. Just as I am a hunter.

Can't understand starting of with the 'means' in which you fish/hunt, other than to be just another self-righteous, pompous ass. We have enough of them.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Looking back at this thread, it would seem our dialogue began once you became cunny hurt again.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[quote=BobinNH]

Now that was a good long post! I couldn't have agreed more on the second sentence if I had written it myself.

Scott: Glad I made you happy....LOL! grin

SamO: In a deposition with a doctor involved in a business deal, he said that he was a very well educated man in a very narrow field of endeavor.....of many other things, he knew nothing. wink I never forgot that.

Smokepole: Anent the flies vs. spoons, etc....There's a difference between being versatile, open minded, and smart.....and looking down your nose at everyone else, because they do something in a different way. wink

The firearms classifications proposed here are nothing more than feel good,creeping incrementalism,and will not work. Except to deny law abiding people from accessing certain types of firearms..It underestimates the resourcefulness of a diabolical mind, which will simply find other means to commit mayhem (like pressure cookers),and don't adhere to legal boundaries . It's a shallow solution.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Smokepole: Anent the flies vs. spoons, etc....There's a difference between being versatile, open minded, and smart.....and looking down your nose at everyone else, because they do something in a different way. wink

Agreed. My only point was, you can't judge a book by its cover.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Looking back at this thread, it would seem our dialogue began once you became cunny hurt again.

Looks to me like you're the one wrapped up in this. Knock yourself out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paddler

Thanks, Paul. The BIF photos were taken with a Nikon D300, which is now fairly old. Still waiting for the replacement with better high ISO performance and resolution. I could use two more stops and a 24MP sensor.

The landscapes were taken with a Zone VI camera, which is a 4x5 mahogany view camera, and a Rodenstock 210mm lens. Really a cool setup, and still the most economical way to get high quality large size prints. I have the sheet film developed, then scan them on my Epson scanner. This produces jpeg files of 120MB to as much as 190MB or so. These prints on the screen wall of my home theater are 20x24, grain free and tack sharp:

[Linked Image]

The one over the mantel is from the view camera, but the one to the left is out of the g15, while the one on the right was shot on a grouse hunt with my old Canon S90. On the back wall there are a couple of oldies shot with my old Olympus OM-1 and K64.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When Piddler started in on his home theater lined with rich mahogany I about spewed my hand-ground and pressed Sumatran coffee on the screen... We need to lay off of Comrade Piddler - He's obviously a very big deal.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 10/06/15.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Lots of intolerance here, lots of profanity, but not a single original thought or shred of a sense of humor. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. Well, wait, that's not true. I came here just to see the response to the UCC shootings. It was entirely predictable and completely wrong.

You should trust a doctors judgement, even outside his field of expertise if he has knowledge and experience on the topic. Especially when his views reflect reality. I understand that letting go of your fear, even paranoia, is difficult for the 'fire regulars. Living in the right wing bubble doesn't work. When the real world passes you by, it leads to feelings of disenfranchisement, such feelings cause the behavior I'm seeing here. It doesn't have to be this way. The first step is disavowing your delusions, get some accurate information. Listen to NPR rather than Rush. I'll work on a 12 step program for y'all.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,673
Posts18,474,828
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.