Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just got off the phone with Jason and Steve, we were pretty close growing up. Kinda like next door neighbors (I'm from Kansas, them Neb). Hell we even shared different mothers and attended different schools together.
Anywho they told me on the down low that they had been watching this site and seeing all the traction the 7mm Mashburn has gained, they have decided to commercialize the cartridge

Like they said, they solved a problem they didnt even know existed

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Just got off the phone with Jason and Steve, we were pretty close growing up. Kinda like next door neighbors (I'm from Kansas, them Neb). Hell we even shared different mothers and attended different schools together.
Anywho they told me on the down low that they had been watching this site and seeing all the traction the 7mm Mashburn has gained, they have decided to commercialize the cartridge

Like they said, they solved a problem they didnt even know existed

I heard from a very well VETTED squirrel that not only the 7mm Masher, but a whole line derived from that cartridge starting with it necked up to 9.3mm, 'cause they know how popular that caliber is around here too. (but shhhhh, only 4 more days to go)

Geno

PS, word is it's also coming out in an AI'd version. For AR's.

PPS, don't worry you long range 6.5 lovers, it's third on the list, coming out just in time for Christmas gift giving.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Chainsaw
What my Hornady contact indicated the new product would be was a Long Range "Salt Treated" bullet for use by Campfire members only on those Extra Long Range Shots.
This will help so the critter will not spoil by the time they can walk up to it.

Dear Hornady,

Some of us long range shooters are older and suffer from hypertension. Will you be releasing a reduced sodium version of your Long Range "Salt Treated" bullet for our use also?

Thanks,
The old guys,

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by efw
A buddy of mine who knows Jason said they're discontinuing the 257cal/100 gr Interlock which seems weird since there is no corresponding SST to take its place.

Bugger me!!!!! That's my favourite bullet in both the .250 Savage and .257 Roberts. Why would they cut that bullet from their line-up???????

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I know we used glue in school called mucilage. Was elmers, clear bottle, with a rubber tip, like a chisel point. push down and the slot opened up.

Didn't taste nearly as good as plain old elmers or the paste that had kind of a minty wintergreen flavor.

Damn, you….da….man! I never knew anyone who tried eating mucilage. eek (The paste in the jar, OTOH, was actually quite tasty. Gotta admit, though, I don't much care for wintergreen anymore; perhaps I ODed? grin Then again, maybe if me and Stan ran across Maydell again, we might try to impress her again. wink )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, that made me laugh quite hard!

So, Maydell went for glue eaters, eh? cool

Sounds like my kinda girl!

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
More serious guess here...

They're bringing out a whole new line of non-toxic bullets and ammo to stay ahead of coming State and Federal regulations. They'll be "state of the art" in material and design. shocked whistle

Just a guess.

You're close.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Pittu
Maybe designer bullets in a whole pallete of different colors, or McSwirly bullets for the discriminating rifleman...

I'm holding out for a Horny McFlame...

Just the name does great damage...

DF

Horny McFlame...... I think I went to school with that dude! grin

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Completely Hollow copper jacketed 150 grain 308 bullet with bc over 1.0 and a helium filled fmj version that rises above the line of sight and never returns.

Last edited by Ozarker; 10/26/15.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
They are shipped in 10 rd boxes to keep the box from floating away.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Ozarker
Completely Hollow copper jacketed 150 grain 308 bullet with bc over 1.0 and a helium filled fmj version that rises above the line of sight and never returns.

With that I could shoot bug holes at a 1000 all day long with my 30-30.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I know we used glue in school called mucilage. Was elmers, clear bottle, with a rubber tip, like a chisel point. push down and the slot opened up.

Didn't taste nearly as good as plain old elmers or the paste that had kind of a minty wintergreen flavor.
According to Steelhead, Boxer, 4ager and jorge1, lead paint chips tasted MUCH BETTER than mucilage.

WTF are you spewing?

A rare funny joke. So rare.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W.E. Tibbe has purchased the company, and takes over on that date.

....lucky us.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Blackheart

According to Steelhead, Boxer, 4ager and jorge1, lead paint chips tasted MUCH BETTER than mucilage.

WTF are you spewing?

A rare funny joke. So rare.

Would you care to comment about the flavor of Blackheart's dick ?

You seem more than well qualified.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I be willing to bet that 90% of the folks here on the 'fire that graduated high school after 1980 would not know what "mucilage" is and would be utterly lost if asked to use it in a sentence! (Oh, I think there might be about 3 that graduated grin so I figure a 66.666666 % chance of winning if even one could get it right!)

How's this Geno, I was BORN after 1980 and can tell you that mucilage was/is used by old fuddy-duddys as a dry fly/fly line flotant.

Or at least, when I worked in a fly shop, we sold a product labeled as "mucilin"

Dunno if it had anything to do with "mucilage"

Close youngster, but no real cigar:

You're talking this stuff or similar, right:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Mucilin/744641.uts

Steve and I mean this stuff:

http://www.thecakelady.ca/lepagesglue/mucilage.html

which is probably partly made of this:

from wikipedia (that infallable source of ALL internet knowledge)

"Mucilage is a thick, gluey substance produced by nearly all plants and some microorganisms. It is a polar glycoprotein and an exopolysaccharide. Mucilage in plants plays a role in the storage of water and food, seed germination, and thickening membranes. Cacti (and other succulents) and flax seeds especially are rich sources of mucilage"

If something is "mucilaginous" it is "snotty".

Ever seen a hagfish? If you ever do you'll get the idea!

nice try you young pup. grin

Geno

PS, you and J can get to bed now! It's past your bedtime shocked

PPS, you may be partially right but I'd hate to admit it. The British "mucilins", not the silicone ones, probably had/have some mucilage in the formula from what I found out pokin' around.

You must have been from a rich family to have Elmer's. We had Lepage's, which despite the name, ain't from France.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
We boiled our own cow hooves and added chicken [bleep] for a binder.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I think it's going to a sleepless night for many...too full of anticipation...hopefully they'll announce it first thing in the morning so that some of us can get some relief!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NTG
I think it's going to a sleepless night for many...too full of anticipation...hopefully they'll announce it first thing in the morning so that some of us can get some relief!!!

I don't normally bite my nails,...but have a couple of the cleaner fingers chewed off back to the first joint.The greasy and nasty tasting ones are going quick.

This suspense could kill one.

GTC

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was thinking... maybe it is something to celebrate or commemorate today being Hillary's birthday...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Well, here it is:

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1234, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 160user, 1936M71, 49 invisible), 10,277 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,348
Posts18,546,612
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.