Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I don't come on here much anymore, but I'll comment on this..

E is an idiot.

It will take some serious work to kill a tikka. More than his imagination can ever accomplish.
I'm still in a amazement how someone can be absolutely caked with bulls for weeks and never get a shot off, all the while posting on the internet at 1:00 pm every day to tell the tales of his strenuous hunts.

I have had 4 tikkas. 3 shoot lights out. The 4th just got bought back by the factory. Chit happens. It wasn't the lug or the mounts or the magazine or shroud. I'll buy another. But this check is going towards a new 20 ga. shotgun. Probably a Benelli Monte.

He stalks everything backwards just to give game animals a fighting chance........

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its tough, if not impossible, to beat the Tikka plastic stock in its price range. Same for the trigger. Add Warne steel rings with the recoil lug and the scope mounting is practically bombproof.

Never had an issue with the luggette or shroud, but wish there was a baffle in there somewhere.

That said, I can understand Pieter's view. I sold five Tikkas and don't miss them one bit. A couple buds bought Tikkas based on my luck. They love the T3 and have no plans to change.

Last edited by 4th_point; 10/31/15.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I couldn't........until I found a LH Hunter in 6.5x55. Have yet to shoot it.

Enjoy everything.......expect nothing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like Remington rifles, the T3 is the 770 of the Finn family.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RDFinn

That was mean!

A lot more to like in a T3 than 770.

David

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
770 is Remington's failed attempt to make a Tikka. Seems everyone is trying to reverse engineer the thing.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
After reading several people say that they dont know why they either dont like them OR had them an got rid of them I have a theory.

Good rifle,shoots good,good trigger,Lightweight ,etc.

Doesn,t leave much to bitch about first off

Then the owner cant fix something that works fine

Could be this Really makes the owner feel meaningless as they dont require your "SPECIAL" tweaks to trigger,barrel,stock or anything else to work right.

Seems as some would rather take a dog of a rifle and do all the barrel changing,swapping of triggers and stocks etc than just have a rifle that is fine as it is.

I know from years of tinkering that it is fun and satisfying to go through all the motions to get a rifle to shoot well and be just what you want it to be at the time.

BUT there is also something to be said to forego all this and just have a rifle that is good right from the box !!

Hey there is still plenty of other stuff to ponder,which handload or factory load for best performance(accuracy and terminal)which sling and swivels,which scope mounts,whether to be satisfied with the crisp 2.5 pound pull out of the box or spend thirty minutes to do the cost-less mods to get a 1.5 pound pull !
Which scope,the ,Meaning of life etc. LOL

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by RDFinn

That was mean!

A lot more to like in a T3 than 770.

David

Take a T3/770, throw a Roopold 3-9 scope on it, and you'd have a nice stocking stuffer for X-Mas.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by coyote268
Between my Daughter and me we have 4 Tikkas of which she has three. A 308 hunter with cut down stock, Edwards recoil reducer. Limbsaver pad of Leupold scoped in 308. Her second is a 7mm mag lite again with limbsaver and Leupold. Her last one is a 7mm-08 lite compact again with a Leupold scope. You can't tear this one out of her hands she loves it so much. Which help the less than good stock I put on a got a grip cheek pad and finger grip strip and it really helped when mounting the rifle.

15 minutes with a rounded off soldering tip and the grip is mo grippy....

after and before, noted...

[Linked Image]

I went a different route. Sand away all the 'Euro look', then hydro-dip and finish with Brownells's grip spray, then a flat sealer.

[Linked Image]

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
me

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My checkbook sure doesn't like them...

I'd be better off if I could be satisfied with the basic blued version but I really like the Superlites. If SW has a good sale on them between now and Xmas I think a new .243 SL might be coming home.

Sure it's a 10" but I can live with those 95 BT (I mean I don't have to shoot 105 Amaxs ...right?). grin

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't dislike them. I just don't care for the styling and I try to buy American when I can, especially lately with all the jobs going overseas. I have mostly Rugers but also Winchester (South Carolina built), Kimber and Savage. They all will shoot MOA or better with the right loads.

Last edited by scottfromdallas; 10/31/15.

Scott
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oheremicus
All right, 4ager, that's enough. You are a lair.
You neglected to tell all that the man I killed had to be stopped by me at gun point from working over an off duty cop with a tire iron.
Said Bad Guy refused to submit to arrest. All lessor means of force failed. As per California case law at the time, 1971, "Police Officer have a duty to arrest those persons they have reasonable cause to believe have committed violent felonies, EVEN IF THEY HAVE TO KILL THEM WHILE IN FLIGHT."
After a long trial, from 1-2-72 until 2-4-72, they took a whole four and one half hours to reach a verdict of not guilty on both counts.....
Oh, and you forgot to tell all that I was also indicted for having an uncertified tear gas weapon. I was aquitted of that on the grounds of selective proscecution. In other words, we were ordered to ignore the law. So, probably ever cop in California had violated that law. I was the only one charged with that crime.
Now, you can believe the jury, or how about the polygraph exams which the two other cops took and passed as to what really happend. Or you can continue to tell lies about a case that was settled over 40 yrs. ago.
Oh, and I've never had my gun rights revoked or reinstated. E

The tire iron you planted as evidence that matched YOUR vehicle and not his?

Yeah, that one.

So "not guilty" your chief fired your ass and said you were untrustworthy, then had settlement claims paid. Wonder why?

After 40 years, you're still full of schit.

The links I provided are there, ya back-shooting SOB.

Oh, and you're still FOS on rifles as much so as handguns, for the same reason(s).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
that's about enough of that crap here.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're right, toad.

Apologies. The facts are out there.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's some pretty f'ed up stuff.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by toad
that's about enough of that crap here.

Originally Posted by 4ager
You're right, toad.

+ 3

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Oheremicus
All right, 4ager, that's enough. You are a lair.
You neglected to tell all that the man I killed had to be stopped by me at gun point from working over an off duty cop with a tire iron.
Said Bad Guy refused to submit to arrest. All lessor means of force failed. As per California case law at the time, 1971, "Police Officer have a duty to arrest those persons they have reasonable cause to believe have committed violent felonies, EVEN IF THEY HAVE TO KILL THEM WHILE IN FLIGHT."
After a long trial, from 1-2-72 until 2-4-72, they took a whole four and one half hours to reach a verdict of not guilty on both counts.....
Oh, and you forgot to tell all that I was also indicted for having an uncertified tear gas weapon. I was aquitted of that on the grounds of selective proscecution. In other words, we were ordered to ignore the law. So, probably ever cop in California had violated that law. I was the only one charged with that crime.
Now, you can believe the jury, or how about the polygraph exams which the two other cops took and passed as to what really happend. Or you can continue to tell lies about a case that was settled over 40 yrs. ago.
Oh, and I've never had my gun rights revoked or reinstated. E

So you, your dog and Illegal Tear Gas couldn't subdue a person?

You shoot the dude running AWAY afraid that he will rearm himself, with what a shovel this time???

In my mind, I see Barney Fife shaking like a leaf reaching for his one bullet in his shirt pocket. Trying to put a bullet in his pistola sounding like teeth chattering...

Really E, can't you do better than that.

On all the reading I have done on your case, you're damn lucky it wasn't done in 2011 instead of 1971, you would be serving life for what you have done!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
dude, zip it. this schitt doesn't belong here.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by mudhen
People like rifles for different reasons, and they dislike rifles for probably just about as many reasons. Tikkas just don't appeal to me.

I don't dislike them, but neither do I like them enough to buy one. If someone gave me one, I would probably shoot it to see how it shot. I doubt that I would keep it, as I have rifles that I really like, for a variety of reasons, that shoot really well--probably as good as or better than your average Tikka.

Why that should make me good or bad, smart or dumb, in anyone's estimation escapes me.

As usual Ben, you are making too much sense.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,905
Posts18,479,395
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.