Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Leaning towards a pair of 1600 LaCrosse AlphaBurleys. How do they compare to Muck and Cablela's for durability for work and hunting. Lots of swamp and thick brush in my AO.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tried Lacrosee, don't fit my feet unless I get 2 sizes too big so I can get my foot past the ankle of boot.

Mucks fit fine. They used to make a zip up side model, but i think is no longer.

so try them both on to see which fits you.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
LaCrosse boots have been much more durable than Mucks for me. haven't used Cabela's. Mucks are warmer and a little more comfortable than LaCrosse so it is a trade off.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have used numerous pairs of Lacrosse uninsulated Grange boots over the last several decades. You can not only walk in them, you can run in them. I get mine a little smaller than normal to get a good fit. They may not be the best for just sitting in a stand in very cold weather but do just fine otherwise.

I have had Burleys that did OK but did not fit quite as well. I have some Mucks that are warm, are comfortable walking, but seem not to be as rugged when going through the thick stuff.

The very best rubber boots I have ever had were the old Bristol Thermoboots. They were incredible. I wish I could find another pair.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mucks fit like a glove on my feet. However we have tons of Greenbrier here that sometimes can't be avoided. It cuts muck boots to pieces rather quickly..

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have very weak ankles and flat arches....the Mucks are way better for me , but the OLD school LaCrosse farm type burleys (not the new fangled alpha burleys) are probably more durable

Cabelas , not worth talking about IMO....

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I have an old pair of Lacrosse boots that I want to be buried in.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
FWIW....I just picked up a pair of Muck Woody Elite's at my local Sam's club for $134

May want to check your local Sam's and see if they have any

Double_D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LaCrosse

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have Burky's and muck boots. The Lacross's don't leave the shelf anymore.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
last lacrosses' that had was eons ago, but at least then the fit was lacking, which made the inherent lack of ankle support all the worse.

Put pair of the hunter mucks thru many a mile of slashings and cutovers bird hunting in rain last week, well 2 of the 6 days anyway it rained. Feared they would get punctured but they held up well, least to date. Fit is very good for me, but that'll vary with feet of course. That, and good fit or not, my right ankle and foot is still suffering a week later. Think will pick up some waterproof proper boots for such days instead.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found the Mucks too stretchy and they let my foot slide to the front when going down hill, causing the ends of my toes to hurt. Lacrosse has changed their pattern from years ago and the ones that fit my feet do not fit my calves. Since they fit my feet, I just turn down the tops. The Burleys are too cumbersome and heavy for me unless I am stand sitting. None do the whole job. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by carbon12
Leaning towards a pair of 1600 LaCrosse AlphaBurleys. How do they compare to Muck and Cablela's for durability for work and hunting. Lots of swamp and thick brush in my AO.

I love my Mucks. I have a pair of Woody Bayous. But they aren't durable. Last year while wading around beaver ponds and crawling over beaver dams, the soft neoprene shafts were punctured in several spots requiring a tube of Goop to repair.

Armoring at least the fronts above the shins would be an improvement. I think the LaCross Alpha Burly is better for such country.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just put a full season on a pair of LaCrosse Alphaburly's and have to say that I'm quite pleased with them. They are bit warm in the summer months but overall I really like them.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 36 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,048
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.