S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by RickyD
Fireball, you started this.

Never had anything but nice things to say about Mr Howell. And each and every one of you knows Steelhead is the instigator of so much nastiness on here, including against Ken Howell. I for one am fed up with the BS so I have taken the offensive against azzholes like Steelhead. If you can't see that for what it is then I guess that's the way it is.
I know exactly who steelhead is. I've been acquainted with him longer than you. I also know who posted first. See that for what it is.

My rebuttals to firenuts continues to get deleted but Firenuts post can be here.

Real nice Rick, real nice!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

My rebuttals to firenuts continues to get deleted but Firenuts post can be here.

You gotta be schitting me?
Unreal.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by wageslave

You gotta be schitting me?
Unreal.

No, 'someone' has deleted 4 of my posts. All rebuttals to Fireball, nothing about Kenny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did this place turn into a Nascar site?

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Do NASCAR fans lick nuts?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some.
Mostly those from Oregon....
I thought.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I'm glad to call Ken a personal friend.

But..... I don't expect perfection from my friends.

If we only picked our friends because they were perfect I wouldn't have a friend in the world. I'm not so how could I demand perfection from anybody else?

I have PMed Ken a couple of times and found him to be very nice, and have spoke on the phone to several here that have met him and all say he's a great dude. I like him.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by carbon12

On Internet forums, an elder is someone that signed up the day before you did.

laugh Too bad it isn't so easy to figure out. Unfortunately, that ain't it anymore than one can determine who the elders are based on their wisdom. (Some might not live long enough. eek )

Very few, if any, of us aren't 'crusty' around the edges from time to time. And I venture that very few of us come across via this medium as we do in person.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It did lead me to this, though.
So it was worth it.
I'm still laffin'.

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by Fireball2
this is very entertaining, the wife left for a drive so she wouldn't say anything she regretted. Maybe the wife got tired of the husband complaining of him not being the center the attention, of her accent and her culture, and her parents (which by the way live half a world away and are rarely welcome to come visit) the wife works 10 and half hour days, drives two hours for work and still has to come home cook, clean and make sure she is in bed by eight 30 because her husband says he needs the sleep. yes also the other complain is that she wakes him up in the morning when she has to get up at 5 am to do it all over again. yes, also the three kids, yes she should be grateful that he took her in with three kids, especially when she solely supports them and has to attend every school event by herself because the husband is too stuck in the computer for hours on end visiting with his forum friends that do not care if lives or dies. bipolar, that was the last diagnoses for the second wife. respectfully a hard working woman that is fed up. thank you

They can't all be as happy as your wife. Laffin

That's the greatest thing ever posted on the Fire.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've known Ken for a long time and bunked with him in the first get-together we had in Raton NM at the NRA's Whittington Center. That was in 2006 or 7 so I think that I'm qualified to speak about the Ken Howell I know.
Ken is a master at pissing down your back and telling that it's raining.
And a couple or three years ago I ask him about a rifle he had and wanted to know if he was interested in selling it.
That went bad...
Really bad...
Bad enough that I'll never talk or deal with him ever again.
Ken Howell= Buyer Beware!!!

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
I like Ken and miss his posts.

Me too. I've been to his house and gone shooting with him. My desire has always been to see more wisdom from him, not less.

If he comes from an age when respect for one's opinion had to come from some reason other than the mere fact that one held the opinion...well, then that's good, not bad, right?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I've known Ken for a long time and bunked with him in the first get-together we had in Raton NM at the NRA's Whittington Center. That was in 2006 or 7 so I think that I'm qualified to speak about the Ken Howell I know.
Ken is a master at pissing down your back and telling that it's raining.
And a couple or three years ago I ask him about a rifle he had and wanted to know if he was interested in selling it.
That went bad...
Really bad...
Bad enough that I'll never talk or deal with him ever again.
Ken Howell= Buyer Beware!!!

His reputation precedes him.

And it ain't a good one.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

SH wasn't schitting.
Posts from last night are gone this morning..........
Weird.
All I did was quote the Oregonian word for word????

and the posts I quoted are still there????
WTF?

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Odd.

Very.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Not really

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Didn't see that coming. Guess all men were not created equal.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Why does one old guy engender all this controversy. Some posters seem to hate him while others are anxious to prove they knew him.

Me? He always seemed to be a nice person who knew a lot about shooting.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Only knowledge I have of Dr. Ken Howell is from what ever posts he has made that I've read over the dozen years I've been a member here. I never saw much of any problem with him myself.

Something that always struck me as rather curious as well as quite sad, though, based on a good number of his own posts over the years concerning his seeming ever present financial struggles, is how someone with his writing skills, technical knowledge, obvious high intellect, and especially with his advanced level of education, could wind up with so little in retirement income.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=joken2
Something that always struck me as rather curious as well as quite sad, though, based on a good number of his own posts over the years concerning his seeming ever present financial struggles, is how someone with his writing skills, technical knowledge, obvious high intellect, and especially with his advanced level of education, could wind up with so little in retirement income. [/quote]

This.

And if he's in such poor health why don't his children help him out?

I just cant fathom slobbering over someone the way folks at the fire do over him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those who may have experienced a multitude of hours with and for Ken, this thread can be VERY interesting - and revealing.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 2ndwind, 219 Wasp, 30 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,889
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.