Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by EdM
As the sun set and the stairs burst out my son commented on them. Mike overheard and grabbed him and gave him a lesson in astronomy.

He did about the same with me one fair evening a few years back. He also took the time to dash in to wake me up from my coma in Gordon's tent when a few fish actually started biting, and if it weren't for him and his thoughtfulness, I'd not have gotten a chance to hook the few fish that I did. Mike's good people.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you got to catch a chit shad

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That guys beard = for the win...

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
without going thru the 37 pages of this thread, don't know if anyone posted this, but one of the bikers behind bars now, is a retired San Antonio TX vice Cop, with 32 years of service...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/us/texas-biker-gang-shooting-san-antonio-police-martin-lewis/

pretty ridiculous ain't it...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by stxhunter
you got to catch a chit shad

I KNEW you were gonna' bring that up! lol

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dunno what to say, dang guys, thanks for the vote of confidence cool

I would like to add that I live in a run-down house on the West Side and have been mistaken for a homeless guy, including by the guys on a garbage truck AND by actual homeless people, on at least five separate occasions.

On the topic of former students, getting to teach the smart kids as I do I have indeed seen some remarkable people come through my classroom. One of 'em was a drop-dead gorgeous young woman from the West Side (scion of a single mom yet) who recently got a no-schidt engineering degree from no less than MIT.

One of them people who you wouldn't believe existed but they do.

So how does this relate to this thread?

Pursuant to a conversation we had when she was like sixteen or something, when she came back to visit last year......

....she told me she was gonna buy me a Harley grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire
without going thru the 37 pages of this thread, don't know if anyone posted this, but one of the bikers behind bars now, is a retired San Antonio TX vice Cop, with 32 years of service...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/us/texas-biker-gang-shooting-san-antonio-police-martin-lewis/

pretty ridiculous ain't it...

Thanks for the link.

When I heard this guy had been arrested I figured maybe has was in some sort of not-actually-criminal custom Harley club or something who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But nope, I'm pretty sure the red and gold color scheme on colors indicates Bandido affiliation. Here in San Antonio I see a number of clubs around, including a sportbike group and even what looked like a high-school/college age group with red and gold colors.

Without knowing the details I took it as a given that they were sorta like minor-league farm team affiliates of the Bandidos, who are a significant presence here.

So yeah, it appears a 62 year-old Black guy with a bi-colored beard who spent decades on the SAPD Vice Squad is in fact an active member of the Bandidos, or at least an active affiliate.

The world gets stranger and stranger ennit?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's not all unusual for narcs to develop a FTW attitude. It is very unusual for them to make 32 years, but then again, he's black. It's almost impossible to terminate their employment.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
and you know he was helping bandidos under the table.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very likely. We had one just like that, but we were able to fire him for stealing gas. He's sitting in Huntsville on a Agg Assualt conviction now.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
LOL! Oldest son sent me a text last night. One of the boys incarcerated from the Brazos valley area is one of the daughter in laws former hi school students! Being she's an algebra and trig teacher I dunno how this member of the Brown University brain trust fared in HS! Most likely one of her more stellar students!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Next time you're at Twin Peaks Waco, check between the seat cushions.... grin

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/waco-biker-war-ak-47-among-hundreds-weapons-found-scene-n362331

Waco police Sgt. Patrick Swanton said Wednesday that the Twin Peaks restaurant, where at least five biker gangs threw down Sunday in an apocalyptic battle, was littered with hundreds of weapons — having found 318 "and still counting."

The breakdown as of Wednesday evening:

1 AK-47 assault-style rifle
118 handguns
157 knives
43 other weapons, primarily clubs, brass knuckles and chains with padlocks to be used as bludgeons
Various body armor
"We do expect the numbers to continue to rise," Swanton said.

The weapons appeared to have been discarded or hidden in haste throughout the restaurant when officers arrived Sunday, Swanton said. Some were found in sacks of potato chips or stuffed between bags of flour and into bench seats, hidden in shelves, thrown into trash cans, placed in the kitchen stoves and simply left on the floor, he said.

It appeared that there was at least one attempt to flush a handgun down a toilet.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
IMO, if you seriously think you can flush your handgun down a toilet, you should probably re-consider your choice in armament.

That is all.

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by JTPinTX
IMO, if you seriously think you can flush your handgun down a toilet, you should probably re-consider your choice in armament membership in the human race (or any other remotely intelligent species).

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
IMO, if you seriously think you can flush your handgun down a toilet, you should probably re-consider your choice in armament.

That is all.

Not unless it was a POS to begin with! laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

That is all.

Not unless it was a POS to begin with! laugh

Must have been a Jennings, a Hi- Point, or an RG wink

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/21/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
And the proverbial retired cop and school bus driver as a bad guy......

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksa...ed-in-waco-biker-shootout-was-nisd-.html

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It's not all unusual for narcs to develop a FTW attitude. It is very unusual for them to make 32 years,

Not when the cream is irresistibly good. Cabin cruisers, weekends at Vegas, baby mamas, S class Benzes don't pay for themselves, after all... wink

Back on the biker theme, I offer this. Hire the Angels to run security at a Stones show? What could possibly go wrong?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Update and new video.

106 People Indicted in Waco Biker Brawl That Killed Nine

A Texas grand jury returned indictments Tuesday against 106 of the 177 people who were arrested after a shootout between cops and members of two motorcycle clubs left nine people dead at a Waco restaurant in May.

The McLennan County grand jury returned true bills accusing the 106 suspects of engaging in organized criminal activity, with the underlying offenses being murder and aggravated assault, District Attorney Abel Reyna said Tuesday night in Waco.

Charges against the 71 other suspects weren't presented Tuesday but will be "at a later time," Reyna said.

"We're not done," Reyna said. "We still have a lot of work to do."

Nine bikers were killed and more than 20 other people were injured in the shootout May 17 at the Twin Peaks sports bar in Waco. Nearly all of the suspects are free on bond.

More than 430 weapons were recovered from the scene, including 151 firearms, according to a police incident report. Police said in June that three officers fired 12 shots, but they haven't said whether the bullets hit anybody.

Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1234, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 60 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,531
Posts18,491,186
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.