Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 75 of 175 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 174 175
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
He's a liar I haven't sent him a pm. Doesn't surprise me that he's stuped that low. Pathetic.

But please feel free to put me on ignore fu.cking liar

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by jimy
Is there even one person that believes that Mr.Yantis had any intention of harming anyone but the bull?

Not me...but some jackass will be along shortly with some make believe BS theory.

Just give em a minute or two.

I told my dad yesterday that if we are around unknown law enforcement you couldn't pay me to have gun in my hand.

There are damn few situations that improve when police show up. Its either already a rodeo or fixing to be one.

All involved here would of been far better off with volunteer fire fighters/emts and the rancher.

That's the smartest thing that been said in the 60+ pages of this chit fest......well....cept for the chit I said.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Funny how everyone seems to think in small communities that everyone knows and gets along well with their local law enforcement... yet in this instant seems like no one knows anything about their officers ones that have been on the force for years. And as to the rancher everyone says he was well liked by everyone but yet haven't heard anything as to anyone having dealt with the guy... and we're now getting to the point of saying that he may have been under the influence. Lot of speculation on the bull and yet no one seems to know why it might have been so important as to possibly having started a ruckus between him and the officers.

Or, maybe better said that no one knows anything, except that the family is bitter!

Phil

Like most things that get kicked around on this forum, we don't have all the facts. But I think we have more than enough to make a reasonable person go WTF? Which warrants an investigation into what actually happened. And we HOPE it's a fair and independent investigation. I'm always concerned when someone's been shot by officers under questionable circumstances because I've seen more than a couple "bad" LE shootings swept under the rug.

I don't want anyone railroaded, but I don't want someone getting away with chit just 'cause he's a cop.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by jimy
Is there even one person that believes that Mr.Yantis had any intention of harming anyone but the bull?

no

Not anymore, at least. Since everyone else has ideas about what might have happened, I'll throw one out.

Young, inexperienced deputy responds to a crash. People are hurt, trapped in cars and there's a giant injured bull on the side of the road. So he tries to shoot the thing, obviously in all the wrong places, and it just won't die. Now his nerves are fried. He's got the wreck to deal with, he just fired his gun for maybe the first time in a real situation, and the bull still isn't dead.

Then the rancher shows up. The rancher immediately flips out on him, shouting about wasted meat and the suffering bull and what a dumb young punk the cop is.

Words are exchanged and now we've got a full fledged pissing contest going on. The cop tells the rancher to get out of the crash scene and wait. Rancher walks away and sends for a rifle.

Deputy looks over a bit later and sees rancher with a rifle. Deputy grabs rancher by he shoulder and the gun accidentally discharges.

Deputy thinks "this crazy old coot is shooting at me!" and shoots him.

Wife and son-in-law rush toward the rancher, who is at the deputy's feet. Deputy thinks they're rushing at him for shooting the rancher and handcuffs them.

From the perspective of the rancher and his family the deputy is a murderer.

The deputy's perspective IN THE MOMENT THE RIFLE WENT OFF was that he was being shot at. The deputy's perspective now is likely that he made a terrible, terrible mistake.

My point being that this could all the the result of one terrible, awful misperception. A lot of mistakes led up to that misperception, no doubt, and likely a few spread around on both sides of the coin.

But not everything in life is the result of malice. Sometimes mistakes are made. That doesn't excuse the tragedy of what happened, but it can help explain how it happened.

One Deputy had 5 years on the other 15 years on.

My opinion is the rancher wanted to save the bull for is AI program. The bull is probably worth a lot of money in AI sales. There some type of argument that takes place and it goes from there.

That's why the wife has the de-escalation statement.
Dink

You are really way off there. Stick to what you know.

Montana MOFO
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Reference a few other things.....

If I shot someone at work I wouldn't speak to my boss either. I'm legally required to tell them if there are any outstanding suspects to look for, how many shots I fired and what direction I fired. After that, I won't say anything without my lawyer. That's to protect me and my family, no matter how righteous the shooting. And Yall would be wise to do the same. So I believe that the Sheriff might not have any details from his deputies.

If the rancher was obviously dead (he can be obviously dead without being pronounced dead, that's common sense) I wouldn't perform first aid. After he's dead it's a crime scene. And it's just as likely that they'd be accused of tampering with his body to hide something. If he was obviously dead I'd not touch him.

And the county's legal team says "don't release any videos", that's probably how it'll go. The Sheriff can do whatever he wants, but (at least here) the county commissioners have the purse strings and can play him like a puppet. Especially when they're afraid of a lawsuit. Or they can pressure him to release the videos. But there's always somebody in charge of you, even the mighty Sheriff.

But we hear officers here and elsewhere state that if you are involved in an incident, you need to speak to the police. If you refuse and lawyer up, then that implies you did something wrong?????? Does not compute?????

Montana MOFO
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Reference a few other things.....

If I shot someone at work I wouldn't speak to my boss either. I'm legally required to tell them if there are any outstanding suspects to look for, how many shots I fired and what direction I fired. After that, I won't say anything without my lawyer. That's to protect me and my family, no matter how righteous the shooting. And Yall would be wise to do the same. So I believe that the Sheriff might not have any details from his deputies.

If the rancher was obviously dead (he can be obviously dead without being pronounced dead, that's common sense) I wouldn't perform first aid. After he's dead it's a crime scene. And it's just as likely that they'd be accused of tampering with his body to hide something. If he was obviously dead I'd not touch him.

And the county's legal team says "don't release any videos", that's probably how it'll go. The Sheriff can do whatever he wants, but (at least here) the county commissioners have the purse strings and can play him like a puppet. Especially when they're afraid of a lawsuit. Or they can pressure him to release the videos. But there's always somebody in charge of you, even the mighty Sheriff.

But we hear officers here and elsewhere state that if you are involved in an incident, you need to speak to the police. If you refuse and lawyer up, then that implies you did something wrong?????? Does not compute?????

And if you've been charged, you're guilty. Words the popo dislike. "I want to speak to my lawyer".

Last edited by wildbill59; 11/12/15.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Words the popo dislike. "I want to speak to my lawyer".

Those words will get a man killed and a throwdown tossed at his feet for the Official Police Photographer to present to the sympathetic grand jury panel.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Those words will get a man killed and a throwdown tossed at his feet for the Official Police Photographer to present to the sympathetic grand jury panel.
Yep...
Got my head bounced offa the trunk of a police cruser for that very thing.
I won in the end but it wasn't cheap.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Yep...
Damn!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by cv540
Just a thought, unless you knew the man, doesn't referring to him as "Jack" seem like a bit of disrespectful casual familiarity?

how are you supposed to refer to a man named 'Jack'?

He's just being a cu.nt trying to stir the pot. He made light of all this earlier and stated he had no sympathy, thought all this was funny stuff like some comedy in a far off strange place.

He showed how much respect he has and just wants to rub it in.

No Ace, he is correct in that the use of the first name in a personal manner is discourteous unless the man was known to you.

It also implies a personal connection.
lmao Did you change your name from Martha?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
g'morning Dad.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Which one of you is our token hot chick on the Campfire CSI Team?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That brings to mind something that happened to a friend of mine, long ago. This was back when afro's were popular and even some white boys were trying to grow them. My friend was one and carried one of those big handled hair picks in his back pocket. Anyway the bunch got stopped one night and ordered out of the car. The policeman saw the hair pick in his back pocket and asked him what was in his pocket. My friend being a smart azz, replied that it was a sub machine gun. The nice policeman did not think that it was funny and slammed him up against the car too. The rest of us thought it was funny. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

That's the smartest thing that been said in the 60+ pages of this chit fest......well....cept for the chit I said.....

That's funny, right there.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

Hey.

Numbnuts.

It's the FBI, now.

Drop and give me 20.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My friend being a smart azz, replied that it was a sub machine gun. The nice policeman did not think that it was funny and slammed him up against the car too. The rest of us thought it was funny. miles

A student of mine some years back when apprehended by the Park Police for some transgression told them "Can we wait until the REAL police get here" grin He subsequently tripped and fell a few times in custody too.

Same kid in class one day was studiously bundling up a bunch of old assignment papers, he weren't making much noise so I didn't make an issue.

Suddenly he stands up holding a giant paper sperm by the tail like it was a divining rod, which flailing sperm proceeds to "drag him against his will" two seats over towards at notably attractive (and stuck up) young lady grin

Might be the funniest thing I have seen in the classroom.

Last I seen of that kid he was full of metal rods from having wrapped his sport bike around a tree at warp speed, I hope he is doing well.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wageslave

Hey.

Numbnuts.

It's the FBI, now.

Drop and give me 20.

You can be Agent Starling.

Don't get within throwing distance of the cell. Hint.

Spider Man

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

My vote is for Shrap

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Shrap's not one of the investigators you illiterate fugking pollock.

Dave

Page 75 of 175 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,206 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,591
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.