Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
This will be just a small mini-rant. Black rifles seem to be everywhere. I'm guessing all the returning vets and their experiences in the Armed Forces with that platform has much to do with it.

Also I can see the appeal of mixing and matching for various configurations and calibers, and they can be fun to shoot. With that said there has to be at least the smallest consideration for visual appeal.

I'll be blunt and (I'm strictly talking about a rifle to hunt with; not to use on the battlefield). The AR-15 and all it's configurations are a repugnant and deformed version of a classic blued and walnut hunting rifle.

Mini-rant over.

Been hangin' out with Jim Zumbo, have ya?

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Seen the news? Looks like the "Religion of Peace" is at it again in Paris

That, and watch some videos of New Orleans after Katrina.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Whatever you guys do, don't get schitfaced and watch American Sniper.

You'll walk (stumble?) to the garage and rattle can your AR that really cool desert camo style.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What brand paint do you recommend?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The kind you find on your shelf.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
This will be just a small mini-rant. Black rifles seem to be everywhere. I'm guessing all the returning vets and their experiences in the Armed Forces with that platform has much to do with it.

Also I can see the appeal of mixing and matching for various configurations and calibers, and they can be fun to shoot. With that said there has to be at least the smallest consideration for visual appeal.

I'll be blunt and (I'm strictly talking about a rifle to hunt with; not to use on the battlefield). The AR-15 and all it's configurations are a repugnant and deformed version of a classic blued and walnut hunting rifle.

Mini-rant over.

Send me all of yours, now!

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
The kind you find on your shelf.

Travis

OK, which beer is best?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Colorado man?

Go with the Rangers.

Travis

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK. I'm learning here.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They're selling it in cans and 12 packs now. Makes high volume consumption much easier.

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Excelsior! Need to see if we got it around here yet.

Beer cans are the user-friendly AR-15s of the drinking world!

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the light recoil means that 15-year old girls can beat us!

It had to be said. smirk

We do an annual youth "hi-power" clinic at our club. Generally its the kids in our youth shooting programs and their parents that participate. Once that assinine AWB ended and we had more ARs with CAR stocks, it got better for the kids.

Some years back, one of the parents made the comment afterwards, that his little girl had out-shot him at 100 yards, when participants were looking over the targets.

blush

An org I belong to, often raffles off an AR or two each year.

Four or five years ago, I met one of the winners to transfer the rifle. Vietnam vet, told me over the phone that he didn't have much love for the platform, but WTH?

When I handed him his prize, noted that they'd "made a few improvements" since the days when he'd wielded one. Looked it over, said they were long overdue.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I wanted an AR15 at one time, but never bought one. The market is flooded with them now and the prices arent bad, S&Ws for $649, etc. Saw an Olympic Arms for $499 recently, and nobody seemed to be interested.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I never cared for an AR...untill I shot one. Now I'm in the process of moving some thing out so I can move something in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nobody is saying get rid of your traditional stuff, just be inclusive and get a bigger safe.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mech defense triggers, single stage, 3 lbs $129. Feels just like my rem 700

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They are also very popular because they work so accurate and work so good in the field. Even a cheap one will out group most expensive bolt guns. AR's are like Lays Potato Chips you can't have just one. They are addictive.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Let's see ... Why own a black rifle?

Yesterday, SWAT showed up on our road. They blocked off both ends, put spike strips everywhere and surrounded a home about fifty yards from us.

The owner of the home is a known drug dealer. Who knows what he sells to kids; meth, heroin, coke ... whatever.

Anyway, we had maybe twenty visible cops, several of them sniper sorts, visible all around our home. We had two cars in our driveway and two snipers actually in our back yard, peering at the drug dealer's home.

It was a standoff.

About a half hour from the time it started, a very nice SWAT guy with a serious AR (fitted with an ACOG) knocked on our back door. I answered and he advised us to "bunker down" and they'd have the "situation neutralized soon."

He without a doubt saw perhaps twenty heads of dead creatures upon our walls as he asked with a smile, "Are you armed?"

I answered, "Yes, a Noveske Thunder Ranch with an Aimpoint T-1."

He said, "Hell of a rig ... don't let anyone in your door until we signal All Clear"

About three hours later, the druggie was captured without incident in his home and the cops took his worthless ass away.

Now to the question: Could I have protected our home of 52 years with a Ruger Number One? Yep, but I sure as hell felt a lot more safe with my Noveske and a couple of 30-shot mags loaded with 50Ballistics.

In a modern world, one filled with Muzzie dickheads, violent druggies and total chaos, it just makes sense to have a deadly serious rifle with lots of firepower.

It simply makes things more peaceful and serene. grin

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hmmmm....

Single shots were the stuff of a revolution some years ago. They are useful in many circumstances.

Repeaters were the Indian's nemesis, and that of the Kaiser too. Let us not forget to mention his follow-on, Adolf and company.

Full auto is a nice option, but lacking that I see little reason to discriminate betwixt one or the other. One jerk, one shot. Given that one is left to argue in behalf of one cartridge or another.

The M16/CAR15 never let me down over the course of 2.5 years in SEA. Light and functional they were. Youngsters don't need optics for the most part unless their MOS includes sniping. Its successor, the M4 leaves me somewhat unimpressed.

Rather than rant on that point I'll just leave it at this:
This is America, land of the free....they say. Pick your poison and roll.

I'm fond of shotguns. And other stuff.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Mini-rant over.

Whats fun is we all have our opinions.

What I like is that its SO accurate for a semi. And you can pop on all kinds of uppers.. to the same trigger... hence the same pull every time... beware that man with the same trigger every time he hunts.

As to looks, all I can say is I"ve always been of the group that a wrench is a tool, I want one that works really good. I could care less what that wrench looks like..

Should have seen this mod 70 bolt gun once.. with some wood target stock, that we rasped and bondo'd and painted primer gray sometimes... but we got that stock to fit so well the gun just drove tacks... that matters way more to me, than exterior looks.

What good is a walnut blue gun, that you have to baby, and worry about scratches and such.....

But like I said, as long as you aren't anti AR to the tune of Dumbo, I"m good with personal likes and dislikes.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,802
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.