Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jan 1 2016

Cabelas is gone!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Bad deal. This will enable them to close down some of the stores that are near to each other.

Both Cabela's and BP are building stores within a reasonable distance of me. I suspect that one of them will get cancelled.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Id better use up my Cabelas points soon!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Biggest mistake they made was going public.....

Tony

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a born and raised Nebraskan it saddens me to even think this could happen. I have not seen anything that says it's a done deal, but I can tell you the 2000 people in Sidney, NE that Cabela's employs are schitting in their pants right now. Sidney is a town of less than 7000 and this would be devastating to their economy.

I agree it was a big mistake for Cabela's to go public. The family was doing just fine on their own. Actually, I have seen quite a difference in the company after going public, and not for the better.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Both Cabela's and BP are building stores within a reasonable distance of me. I suspect that one of them will get cancelled.

Here too. And what becomes of one of those monoliths after being vacated?

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cabela's became too "big-box" and lost much of their Class. Now that Bassass Pro is taking over, they'll be the Walmart of their market.

I've noticed in their fine gun rooms are now manned by mediocre sales people who know very little about their wares.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Nope..no sale has happened, no one has even approached with a legitimate offer to really consider, per the board.

This is all speculation...that is all.

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I suppose it could be a hoax, however I have folks I very much trust in this industry who have said to me directly this a done deal. Even going so far as to suggest it happens Jan 1 2016. ? Guess we will see!

Folks still think the moon landing was staged, and others question how many shooters were involved with Kennedy. By those measures this is pretty simple however folks still carry on with things!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JJHACK
I suppose it could be a hoax,

Folks still think the moon landing was staged, and others question how many shooters were involved with Kennedy. By those measures this is pretty simple however folks still carry on with things!

do you seriously expect us to believe that people really went to the moon?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
rphguy
Why don't you scoot up there and check out if any evidence exist to that fact and report back. Cheers NC
somebody coach me on how to post a griming face

Last edited by northcountry; 11/14/15.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a hoax, but just speculation for now?

Hope it never happens. I don't buy much there any more, but Cabelas is much more oriented towards shooters and despite the current "issues" with supply, a trip to Cabelas usually turns up something of interest in the reloading line. Lots of guns too. BPS, not so much.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northcountry
rphguy
Why don't you scoot up there and check out if any evidence exist to that fact and report back. Cheers NC
somebody coach me on how to post a griming face

When posting, click "switch to full reply screen"

Then click on the smiley face grin

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Bass Pro shop in Harrisburg, PA is a poorly lit store I wouldn't go out of my way to shop in. I have to drive passed a Cabelas to get to it and don't drive passed it. Too bad.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Last news was on Nov.5...and it wasn't a done deal as of then....FWIW

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Baloney, just like the gay 270 Win. Cabelas is a public company and Listed on the NYSE which know nothing of this rumored buyout.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
http://www.theintelligencer.net/pag...Cabela-s-Could-Be-Sold-to-Bass-P---.html

I work for a publicly traded company.. If I ever choose another employer I want one that is privately owned...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe.

Ask the boys and girls that work for Gander Mountain.

What fresh Hell is this?
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by hekin
http://www.theintelligencer.net/pag...Cabela-s-Could-Be-Sold-to-Bass-P---.html

I work for a publicly traded company.. If I ever choose another employer I want one that is privately owned...

I have been more than pleased with my 30+ years of employ with my publicly traded company. Now retired at 53 I am even more pleased. When the WSJ has a write on the rumored deal I will believe it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by hicountry
Biggest mistake they made was going public.....

Tony

Seems that is true for most hunting stores, for 40+ years Dicks Sporting goods was a small chain of stores in upstate New York starting out in Binghamton NY. Great store and great service but once they went public and expanded they dropped their good service, gun repairs and hand guns. Most will recall after Sandy Hook they drop AR's, they really ruined a great business.

Ted
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,597
Posts18,473,528
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.