-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I usually get eithers's gift cards from family members then go online and hit a sale. Far better products and their associated prices are available from the mom&pops online.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Sad but they asked for it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Cabelas opened a store in Greenville last year and bass pro is building 20 min away from there as we speak.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1. Link? Methinks the latest information on this is that nothing has changed yet.

2. Why is this in the Africa forum?

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IT looks like it started there!!

Ken

Started by JJHACK

Last edited by kennymauser; 11/29/15. Reason: Started by ---
IC B2

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I've had a Cabela's gift card in my wallet now for almost a year. I've been there a few dozen times, The Delaware store is 11 miles away) and they never seem to have what I want or need. Never have the powder I want or need, Never have the bullets I need.. guns and optics are overpriced.. And they "Gun Room" for the special stuff, makes the pirates at the local gunshows look cheap. But I keep trying!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The main problem with Cabela's is that they seemed to shift away from cabela's "branded" items a few years ago. If I wanted to buy Sitka, NorthFace or Under Armour, I'd surf the internet and see who has some on sale. No reason to buy it from Cabela's.

Although, it does seem that over the past year they may have started correcting that and might be shifting back. I was in the Ft. Worth store today and bought their version of a micro puff down jacket for $59. All the UA, North face and comparable others were $150+

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see the opposite, they start selling products from American companies like Boyt, then get chineese knockoff chitt made for cheap. Next they drop the good stuff and sell chitt for slightly less. Must add their chitt is not as chitty as most chineese chitt. Whew, that hurt!!!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I see the opposite, they start selling products from American companies like Boyt, then get chineese knockoff chitt made for cheap. Next they drop the good stuff and sell chitt for slightly less. Must add their chitt is not as chitty as most chineese chitt. Whew, that hurt!!!

fwiw,
Boyt, afaik, is not an American Made Product. Looks like it, however, read the tag. I did and eventually added a C note and bought Filson.. Buying Made in USA is a job in itself and impossible in many fields from my experience...

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
They did it to themselves they quit selling name brands and started copycat in everything...when I shop there the stores hav people in them but no huge lines at the register... If you want made in China you can get that anywhere....sportsmans warehouse for me....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boyt was an American product, but has moved to China like so many others. That was my example, but Cabelas has done the same to others. Think about the fact that buy using this tactic, they have forced the production of all similar products overseas.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Boyt moved to China???? shocked

That is soooooooo sucky!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Boyt was an American product, but has moved to China like so many others. That was my example, but Cabelas has done the same to others. Think about the fact that buy using this tactic, they have forced the production of all similar products overseas.

No we consumers forced the production to China on everything because we buy 98% on price!!!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
As a born and raised Nebraskan it saddens me to even think this could happen. I have not seen anything that says it's a done deal, but I can tell you the 2000 people in Sidney, NE that Cabela's employs are schitting in their pants right now. Sidney is a town of less than 7000 and this would be devastating to their economy.

I agree it was a big mistake for Cabela's to go public. The family was doing just fine on their own. Actually, I have seen quite a difference in the company after going public, and not for the better.

Mike

My wife was working customer service for Cabela's, when they went public. I knew that it would not be good. Too big is going to hurt at some point.

Hopefully, most of the Cabela's structure will stay in place and the money will just be controlled by Bass Pro. Sidney, Nebraska is a crappy little town that will completely go away if Cabela's stuff is pulled.

Gonna be interesting.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would say it is a chicken/eggthing. Retailer's do it to make an extra buck, we do it to save a buck.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 300s, 27 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,027
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.