Page 87 of 175 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 174 175
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by djs
This New York Times article (dated 11/18/15) discusses this incident. see: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/u...-says-it-was-murder.html?ref=us&_r=0

Keep in mind that the deputies were local men who reflected local values; they weren't big city cops with different values. Many (not all) who've posed in this thread have never been to Idaho, or Adams County, or Council and, might be a little fast in condemning the shooting. Let's wait until the investigations are through and a report published.

You sound PARTICULARLY, "inside the beltway" with this jewel of jewels.

I agree,....you did NOT read this thread before delivering this blither, did you ?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

GTC

This thread has 172 pages with many posts; no, I did not read them all. I did read about 45-50 which gave me an opinion as to how here many feel.

BTW, I now live in small-town Northern Colorado, about 1700 miles from the beltway. And, I worked in Idaho when in college (Adams and Valley Counties) as a smokejumper. I regularly visit central Idaho to see friends and I know how they feel re this situation.

Idaho has always been conservative and gone its own way. In 1963, I saw a man shot and later die outside a central Idaho bar. When the deputy sheriff arrived 2 hours later (long drive over poor roads), he got out of his car, saw the body and said (to the effect), "He was a no-good SOB anyway" He just got back in the car and drove away.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by djs
This New York Times article (dated 11/18/15) discusses this incident. see: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/u...-says-it-was-murder.html?ref=us&_r=0

Keep in mind that the deputies were local men who reflected local values; they weren't big city cops with different values. Many (not all) who've posed in this thread have never been to Idaho, or Adams County, or Council and, might be a little fast in condemning the shooting. Let's wait until the investigations are through and a report published.

You sound PARTICULARLY, "inside the beltway" with this jewel of jewels.

I agree,....you did NOT read this thread before delivering this blither, did you ?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

GTC

This thread has 172 pages with many posts; no, I did not read them all. I did read about 45-50 which gave me an opinion as to how here many feel.

BTW, I now live in small-town Northern Colorado, about 1700 miles from the beltway. And, I worked in Idaho when in college (Adams and Valley Counties) as a smokejumper. I regularly visit central Idaho to see friends and I know how they feel re this situation.

Idaho has always been conservative and gone its own way. In 1963, I saw a man shot and later die outside a central Idaho bar. When the deputy sheriff arrived 2 hours later (long drive over poor roads), he got out of his car, saw the body and said (to the effect), "He was a no-good SOB anyway" He just got back in the car and drove away.
It seems your reputation has preceded you on this thread.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Well Hillary Clinton and Company CERTAINLY wouldn't like that, would they ?

Why don't you get your azz over there, find out what's up, and report back with something a little more Western,....the beltway stink is strong in your text, Mister.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

What about those that have been to Idaho, council or even the Yantis ranch? Can we have an opinion?

If by representing local values you mean beating old men and losing your job only to be hired by another department where the same cop kills an unarmed man....well I don't think those are good values nor do they represent the community's values.

So you know the Yantis family personally? I wondered why you took everything on this thread so personally.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by djs

Was this about the same time you killed a grizzly bear inside Glacier Park without reporting it?

MAGA
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

What about those that have been to Idaho, council or even the Yantis ranch? Can we have an opinion?

If by representing local values you mean beating old men and losing your job only to be hired by another department where the same cop kills an unarmed man....well I don't think those are good values nor do they represent the community's values.

So you know the Yantis family personally? I wondered why you took everything on this thread so personally.

Where'd I say that you drunken fu.ck?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I am pretty the sentence containing the word "we" in it.

Of course most us know that you were only trying to add to your drama theme.

Dink

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

It's in red genius.

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It makes sense now that I think of it...every time dink posts so does the drunken goat Fu.ucker. Are you guys "partners"?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

It's in red genius.

When you sober up maybe then you'll show me where I said I know Mr. Yantis. Until then stfu and give dink another mustache ride.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Maybe if I weren't sober I'd understand you better.

So you do not know the Yantis family, and when you said "we" you weren't really talking about you.

So either you let it slip by accident, or you were lying to gain credibility? Either way you have none.

MAGA
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Poor Ace. He tells big whopper stories full of drama and gets his feelers hurt when he gets called on it.

Tell the story again about when you worked for the police department (though you refuse to tell what job you had there) and got all the privileged information about cops committing crimes.

Dink

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'll leave you petty little girls alone now. Don't feel like playing your childish games. Good night girls.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hey Dink, what feedlot do you work at?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well Hillary Clinton and Company CERTAINLY wouldn't like that, would they ?

Why don't you get your azz over there, find out what's up, and report back with something a little more Western,....the beltway stink is strong in your text, Mister.

this must be tough for you Cross....

The Sheriff is always right...the Rancher is always right...holy schidt, the Sheriff (s deputy) shot the Rancher.

Cognitive dissonance is what you are feeling. It happens when reality intrudes on deeply held contradictory feelings.

So, you can either clam up, or keep showing your ass....

your call.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This Sycamore fella' sure has a chickish way of carrying on, doesn't he ?

You better go check under your bed and in your clothes closets for Joe Arpaio or one of his minions, dipchit.

....one of them may slip in there while your foaming at the mouth and snapping at my heels like some demented little lap dog.

shoo !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Interesting comments from an Adams county resident.Sounds like one of the officers had more in his closet than is public.It is disturbing to know this was going on just a few miles south of me.

Living in the upper end of the county a person don't hear all that's going on.Frankly I'm appalled. If only a small portion of this is true, it is way too much. Adams County is going to really be hurting and I can find one person to blame more than any other. I was told that there are 20+ lawsuits over abuse by county cops against citizens. I also heard that there is a recall for the sheriff. I'd say that is a little late in coming. I was told that he ran his campaign on drying up Council and New Meadows. Drinking and drinking and driving are not the same. Anyone who knows me, knows what I think of drinking and driving and I consider it a criminal offense close to ipremeditated murder. But I still have to ask why has he allowed his department to get so out of hand?Cops have to uphold extremely high standards and they have not. I also heard that they threw around a 76 year old long time resident and really tore up her shoulder. Yes--I said her. Now that must have been really tough for them to have handled right. I've also heard that one of the cops who shot Jack also was involved in throwing a 71 year old man across a car hood and the man won a law suit over it. The same cop was also said to have shot a man getting out of his pickup. I still don't know the story there. This is a rural county and many of the citizens, especially the ranchers and their families have lived here for many generations. Where is this police brutality coming from? There needs to be a serious investigation into the police all over this nation.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A tribute to Jack from some of his friends...Needlessly shot by deputies for responding to dispatches request to do what ranchers do for there wounded or crippled livestock.....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm surprised Dink hasn't left Mo. and headed there to replace one of these deputies, sounds like his kind of place to work.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
I'm surprised Dink hasn't left Mo. and headed there to replace one of these deputies, sounds like his kind of place to work.

I'm surprised you haven't gone to Idaho to take up cattle ranching...

Page 87 of 175 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 5 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.