Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bookmarking this thread.

thanks FC

stuff I wanted to know by those in the know

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Yank the trigger out, and place it in a ziplock bag, as a spare. Drop in a Geissele trigger.

I'm a believer. Worth every penny.

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

white light of choice
2 point sling.

I'd love to hear more about these 2. Brands? Mounting?

I went ahead & got one of these on the way:

[Linked Image] [/quote]

Thanks for all the help, all.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Here is a pic of some of us hamming it up, in a Charlies Angels pose ( we were mocking some folks)..

Note the guy in the middle with a single point sling. When he is hands free, the carbine dangles loosely between the legs in his case. To bend down, or kneel you end up with a muzzle in the dirt, and sometime a rifle butt in the chin.

I am on the right with a Viking Tactics 2 point. In this case it is slung loose, but when I completely let go, it rests across my body, allowing me to use hands, kneel, etc without issue. If I need to do something strenuous or kneel for longer periods, like working on a person, or whatever, I have the option to sling it completely behind me, or to the side, pull the strap and it is cinched down.

[Linked Image]

So here is a funny video featuring Pat Mcnamara (former CAG/Delta). While he is goofing off here, the video perfectly illustrates why the vast majority of the pros run 2 point slings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq-hQYcoVmw

The ease in which the rifle is situated completely out of the way while doing physical activities, as well as shooting is better demonstrated better than a few hundred words.

Reference white lights:

There is a lot you can write on the subject, I tend to prefer Surefire. Lots of ways to skin the cat, and it does not need to be uber fancy. I will take a pic after a bit of how my primary rifle light is mounted.

Also if you have the $$, a white light/laser pistol light mounted on a rifle can be a very useful tool, especially if you are shooting quickly and perhaps in unorthodox positions.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Something to think about with a light, that most people don't, is how the beam is shaped.

Lights can have throw (they'll send a focused beam a long way) or spill (they flood a wide area with light). If you're planning on being outside a lot with a rifle, throw would be more important. But if you're using it indoors I'd prefer more spill.

Unless it's for a rifle that'll be used primarily at beyond 75 yards, I prefer a light with more spill than the Surefire X300U / M600U style lights.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Also, I prefer mounting as close to 12 o'clock as possible. And I really want constant-on capability without much fuss. There seems to be a trend toward momentary-only for weapon mounted lights. But IME, having constant-on is a huge benefit. Finding a bad guy is great, but once he's found...constant-on is a huge benefit.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FC, I have had good luck with Stag Arms for AR's, just another option?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,776
Posts18,476,982
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.