Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
a prius is Ok but, if you have a flat tire and are sitting along the side of the road, Bikers will stop, steal your birkenstocks and eat all of your tofu sandwiches.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Drive a Prius and see how you like it. Then go drive a VW Jetta TDi. If you can tell the difference and want a car that's fun to drive, buy the VW.

Word among sports car buffs is that the Prius is really boring to drive and that the handling sucks. But a lot of people don't care or can't tell the difference. Whatever turns your crank

I just traded my wife's Jetta TDi for a new VW Beetle. She's wanted one all her life. It's fun car to drive but is essentially a two passenger car... plenty of room in the back seat as long as you don't have legs.

Since VW got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, emissions wise, you can probably get one at a big discount right now. That doesn't effect the quality of the car... they just got caught...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd rather hit a body appendage on an anvil with a ball-peen hammer than be seen driving a Pius... Hyperbole aside, it is a complete waste of money for all the reasons stated.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I put 95K Mi on a work provided Prius in ~2yrs and I hated it for every single inch!! Less than 10K of that was in town. The visibility is terrible, 3-4 bad blind spots. Interstate here is 75MPH, so everyone pretty much drives ~80MPH. @ that speed I averaged 40-42 in the summer and ~2MPG less in the winter. I can recall one VERY cold trip from Fargo to Billings where the ambient was -15 down to -22F. I had a choice, clear windshield, or warm feet, but I couldn't have both. I got under 30MPG that trip of ~1300Mi round trip. The traction control algorithms worked well on wet roads but sucked sweaty donkey balls in snow/ice and there is no way to disable the TC. On the highway the wind noise is REALLY LOUD.

I could drone on for PAGES, but the jist would be, don't do it.

I will add that I didn't ever have any service issues. Gas, oil, tires, never hit the shop for anything else.

Last edited by horse1; 11/20/15.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When we were coming back from Colorado, driving through Kansas, I was in the back seat of the crew cab and I saw all sorts of Prius's off the road.

NH-K9 was driving at the time and said that they must have stability issues because whenever he got along side one, it went right into the ditch.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Toyota's hybrids are among the most reliable cars on the road. You can drive a Prius like you stole it,and still get 45 mpg.

Not many other cars you can drive like that and get that kind of mileage.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'd rather hit a body appendage on an anvil with a ball-peen hammer than be seen driving a Pius... Hyperbole aside, it is a complete waste of money for all the reasons stated.

Worried about looks of waht you drive is vain. Could care less.

But not driving it for the waste of money is more than reason enough.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dick_Wright
Drive a Prius and see how you like it. Then go drive a VW Jetta TDi. If you can tell the difference and want a car that's fun to drive, buy the VW.

Word among sports car buffs is that the Prius is really boring to drive and that the handling sucks. But a lot of people don't care or can't tell the difference. Whatever turns your crank

I just traded my wife's Jetta TDi for a new VW Beetle. She's wanted one all her life. It's fun car to drive but is essentially a two passenger car... plenty of room in the back seat as long as you don't have legs.

Since VW got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, emissions wise, you can probably get one at a big discount right now. That doesn't effect the quality of the car... they just got caught...

Hmm, I believe someone else mentioned this option.. LOL. Wish I could find a used one locally for reasonable...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd rather suck the snot out of a dead negros nose......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I bought a Mazda3 coupe years ago to be my DD, 38HWY and close to 30 city. It had 33K miles and I $14K
So far, so good.

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495

Yeah, and?...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Toyota claims they built the Prius to last 180000 miles. At 4.00 gas you have to drive one 300000 miles to break even over their standard gas model. Do the math. ED K

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rost495

Yeah, and?...

Was using your quote to say, why worry about the looks, worry about real reasons. Similar to what you said, less the vanity part.

If the looks of the car got 75 mpg, cost less, was reliable, had a long life span, I"d drive a prius in a heartbeat.
Or a subaru etc...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
oh.. but I'm vain AND the Pious is a POS...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We have a standard Hyundai Sonata our 2nd and both avg around 33 mpg. The thing i dont get about a Prius is over the course of 100k mi it will save you about 700 gal of gas or around $2200 over our Sonora Since a Prius costs about $4-$5 k more than I gave for my hyundai I fail to see the savings plus my sonata is much more roomy than a Prius. A couple of ladies I know have Prius ' though and they do like them and seem to not have any problems.

I would take a look at the smaller Hyundai Elantra as they get even higher mileage than the sonata and have about the same interior room as the Prius then do the arithmetic

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Run away from a used Prius. And you'll be going faster than it.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mossy
Toyota's hybrids are among the most reliable cars on the road. You can drive a Prius like you stole it,and still get 45 mpg.

Bull fugking schit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dick_Wright

You couldn't GIVE me one of those hunks of fugking schit.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by mrfudd
I am about to get my second replacement set at 75k miles and my friend is about to get his third set of replacements at 100k.
Because they put undersize tires on it to increase mileage, but the weight is high for the size of the car because of the battery packs. We rented a 2012 Altima a few year ago to go in to NYC for the day. Ran 75mph all the way out and back, stop and go in the city, then ran up to Watkins Glen for the vintage races on Sunday. 34mpg for the weekend, comfort in spades, loads of room, good handling. And an Altima will run 250k miles without real issues.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'd rather suck the snot out of a dead negros nose......

What he said

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

390 members (264mag, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2500HD, 32 invisible), 2,207 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,676
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.