Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
Not hard to see why people are leaving this site. Politics should be left up in the loony forum above.

My apologies.

There are a few here who would just leave this forum would be a lot better. Wouldn't take many either.

Gerry.
GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Hope you are not talking about Deflave!!

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
I could give a fugk who leaves or stays on this site.

An anti-gun POS is an anti-gun POS.

Travis

Only absolute idiots fell for that schit Obama was spewing on his first run. I'm glad that several fell for it and decided to announce it to the world. Let's the rest of us know who can be duped easily.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So how about them 7mm ABLR's wink lol

Gerry.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Travis

No one said a thing about your views just the emotional insertion of them into this thread. There it is.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

No one said a thing about your views just the emotional insertion of them into this thread. There it is.

You can't buy 30 round magazines can you?

And I bet you don't "get" what that has to do with the anything.

Funny schit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gerrygoat

My apologies.

Apology accepted.

Thank you.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You can't buy 30 round magazines can you?

And I bet you don't "get" what that has to do with the anything.

Funny schit.

Travis [/quote]

AS it pertains to your stupidity on this thread, no I do not know. As to your first comment though, why yes I can. Keep struggling there skeeter.

"America"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Saw the questions on the 7MM AB LR so I will share my experiences.
I used this bullet in my 7MMRem. Since there is plenty of magazine length I throated the lilija barrel so I could seat bullets out quite a bit further. With a stiff charge of H1000 this load just touches 3000 with good accuracy out to 650 and good case life.
I killed three elk and a mule deer. 5x5, 6x6, and a cow. Average size mule deer. Ranges were from 150yards (cow)250 5x5,and 275 6x6. Mule deer was 325.

IMOP this is a very fragile bullet. I recovered one bullet (mule deer) and it was the size of a aspirin....maybe 40 grains.
Could only find jacket and lead in the elk.
The 6x6 was hit in the near shoulder and the bullet disintegrated and the bull took off on 3 legs. Three shots later he was on the ground, but it wasn't pretty. 5x5 was double lunged and went about 50 yards. lungs were soup could not find the bullet. Mule deer near shoulder destroyed and some fragments in the lungs. Took a while to find him but he was down with one shot.
No bullets exited and minimal blood trails. I will only use this bullet on deer. It may bonded but it wont stay together.
As soon as I get pictures out of my phone and camera I will post.

Lefty C

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

AS it pertains to your stupidity on this thread, no I do not know.

Shocking!

Dave

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
:::long deep drawn out yawn::: children

"America"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
:::long deep drawn out yawn:::

I'm sure your mouth instinctively opens wide every time a man speaks to you.

Dave

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
:::long deep drawn out yawn:::

I'm sure your mouth instinctively opens wide every time a man speaks to you.

Dave

Maybe, but you are not a man..
Far from it!
You are more like a pouty little 13 old girl who didn't get finger F [bleep] ed on her first prom date..

Last edited by Nrut; 11/22/15.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And the last two posts pretty much illustrates the internet, if you get called out just question the quantity/quality of their balls. Doing so is the resort of the weak pretending to be strong.

"America"
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
And the last two posts pretty much illustrates the internet, if you get called out just question the quantity/quality of their balls. Doing so is the resort of the weak pretending to be strong.

Sez the pot to the kettle..
Colo_Wolf you are not as smart as you think you are nor are you special..
And that is the crux of the matter..
No one here is special though some think they are and when they try to express their specialness they often cause friction..

Have a nice day..
>grin<

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Comprehension is also not your forte Nrut. You have a special one there buttercup.

"America"
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Comprehension is also not your forte Nrut. You have a special one there buttercup.

Thank you..

your pal,
cupcake

(not buttercup btw)
LTFOL

Last edited by Nrut; 11/22/15.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Saw the questions on the 7MM AB LR so I will share my experiences.
I used this bullet in my 7MMRem. Since there is plenty of magazine length I throated the lilija barrel so I could seat bullets out quite a bit further. With a stiff charge of H1000 this load just touches 3000 with good accuracy out to 650 and good case life.
I killed three elk and a mule deer. 5x5, 6x6, and a cow. Average size mule deer. Ranges were from 150yards (cow)250 5x5,and 275 6x6. Mule deer was 325.

IMOP this is a very fragile bullet. I recovered one bullet (mule deer) and it was the size of a aspirin....maybe 40 grains.
Could only find jacket and lead in the elk.
The 6x6 was hit in the near shoulder and the bullet disintegrated and the bull took off on 3 legs. Three shots later he was on the ground, but it wasn't pretty. 5x5 was double lunged and went about 50 yards. lungs were soup could not find the bullet. Mule deer near shoulder destroyed and some fragments in the lungs. Took a while to find him but he was down with one shot.
No bullets exited and minimal blood trails. I will only use this bullet on deer. It may bonded but it wont stay together.
As soon as I get pictures out of my phone and camera I will post.

Lefty C

Lefty, that is pure gold there. Thank you!!

I went up there to my LR spot with a buddy early this morning to shoot the LRAB's. I again came away confused. I'm going to need to hit the reset button here and head back to the 100-yard range and see WTF. I had shot a 5-shot group in the .4" realm with the LRAB's so I called it good and moved to long range. Now I'm wondering if that was fool's gold. I'll get back if/when I have anything meaningful to add.

Lefty's comments about terminal ballistics, at least at those relatively short ranges, are not encouraging. I have a proven 162 Amax load for this rifle- I used it to kill a decent buck at ~600 yards this fall- so the goal for the LRAB is something less frangible and more likely to hold together on bull elk. It may be that the LRAB terminal ballistics aren't up to par for that.

My buddy had two DPMS LR308's (AR10, basically) with him. I at one point owned one of the big bull-barrel LR308's, because you see I'm so damn anti-gun and all (Travis, that's sarcasm, kiddo!), and my buddy had shot it... It inspired him to get these two. One is set up for LR with a Nightforce. A really fun rifle to lob heavy SMK's with; very accurate. I built an AR15 from parts this last year, my 4th or 5th AR, because you see I'm so damn anti-gun and all (again with the sarcasm, Trav!), with a fast-twist barrel for the heavies. I built it just to screw around with 69 SMK's at medium ranges while barrels cooled on other rifles, etc. The only problem is I can't see or hear the bullet strikes on the steel plates! Hmmm.

-------------------

I see Travis got the drama explosion he so craved. I was trying to figure out WTF possessed the little feller to do that, then it dawned on me. I think, that HE thinks, that I have aspirations towards marketing myself as a rifle builder here*. So I think, that he thought, he'd better save all you poor naive innocents from the Pure Evil that is, well, me. So he went running off to his bedroom, put on his cute lil' superhero pajamas, and came charging back to save the day by undercutting my evil plan!!!

Am I right, Trav? Tell the truth now.

*bwa ha ha!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Would you prefer we go by round count? Or the circumference your vagina is capable of tackling?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
With a stiff charge of H1000 this load just touches 3000 with good accuracy out to 650 and good case life.

IMOP this is a very fragile bullet.

Those are "regular" Accubond ranges, even the 650 target.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

697 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 72 invisible), 3,152 guests, and 1,441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,744
Posts18,476,091
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.