Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
FWIW I know a LOT of shooters with RRA in Service and match rifle guns that have gone through barrels with the same trigger.

As with anything they all need a bit of tuning at times, steel doesn't go through its life without wearing.

Unless they have changed and gone way down the tubes in the last few years while they are not my top pick, I would not worry if one was in a SHTF so to speak gun...

I have some that have had 3 barrels replaced and still going strong.

One of the best triggers I"ve ever had were Milazzo... even they have to be tweaked every few barrels or so... depending...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Lots of PD's won't allow anything but 5.5lb + standard triggers.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thats because often PDs are too lazy to research, and or to dumb.

Added to the liability factor of something "other than factory" and you get these rules..

Instead of use the best for the job, tether them with something that might not lead to teh most accuracy when most needed... but i digress.

I suspect the "sniper" rifles don't have 6 pound pulls either. But you never know.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I tried a two-stage trigger and for some of my shooting I didn't like it at all, and can think of several specific misses attributable to a two stage. And I can think of people who carry rifles for organizations that won't allow a RRA trigger, where the ACT would be just fine.

Both those instances are due to a lack of proper training.

The Mauser had a 2 stage trigger. Every US service rifle back to at least the Springfield and up to the M14 had a 2 stage trigger. I think the only reason the M16 didn't have a 2 stage is because it was seen as purely a short range suppressive fire weapon. The idea that it could supply intermediate range precision fire didn't arise until the Marine Corp demanded it in the late '70s.

2 stages work because you truly have the safety of a heavy trigger and the precision of a light trigger.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
blue shoots a bit different course than you do....

2 stage never hampered me in IDPA but then I was of no danger to IDPA only having one one stage in the year or so we played with it....

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The guy specified "non precision" rifle. I just assumed that meant a guy like me that like to go out and shoot recreationally. YES there are different triggers that are more suited to different things. the 3 gun guys like a different trigger than what most people would like. So agencies may require mil spec parts be used. That doesn't mean something else isn't BETTER than mil spec. The ALG trigger looks to me like it can't be considered mil spec either.

for me a good 2 stage trigger is magic at hitting things.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I do kind of like your new Nom de Plume "Blue Dart", all that aside however I am very interested and seriously so in the reason why some organizations will not sanction the RRA trigger where they will sanction an ALG.

Weight, mostly. But also the design. That's basically why ALGs are sold from what I understand-To let people buy a really nice GI trigger.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BarryC

LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Thats because often PDs are too lazy to research, and or to dumb.

Added to the liability factor of something "other than factory" and you get these rules..

Instead of use the best for the job, tether them with something that might not lead to teh most accuracy when most needed... but i digress.

I suspect the "sniper" rifles don't have 6 pound pulls either. But you never know.

It's not so much the liability, but the absolute scared-to-deathness of liability, coupled with laziness and dumbness.

Unfortunately, you'd be surprised at the number of precision rifles with bone stock Rem700 triggers. I've been down that road, and it sucks.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
that would suck. Bone stock 700 recent triggers...ugh...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL

In case you can't feel the 2nd stage, you can always pull straight through a 2 stage and it'll be just as heavy as a single. grin

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL

In case you can't feel the 2nd stage, you can always pull straight through a 2 stage and it'll be just as heavy as a single. grin

LOL

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I recall the so called New York Trigger on the glock as an example of attempting to reduce liability. It fixes the gun so it is difficult to hit your intended target, couple this with a 15 round magazine for a perfect bureaucratic unintended consequence.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (allscopedup, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 14 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.