Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Mostly, as far as GWB goes, his legacy to me, and I'll remember it until I get dementia, is the way he looked in a certain classroom on a certain day on a certain September morning. Not a very Presidential look, and worse yet, not very Presidential action.

Only an idiot or a progressive fascist would think that it made one iota of difference if Bush spend 10 minutes reading to the children.

Thank you sir,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Maybe Ron Paul was on to something?

Now that we are in the deep end of a pool full of sh1t where do we go from here?

Last edited by Nrut; 11/29/15.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nrut
Maybe Ron Paul was on to something?

Now that we are in the deep end of a pool full of sh1t where do we go from here?

Ron Paul was a candidate that would put Americans and their issues first, therefore, he could not be allowed to win.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Well no sh1t Slavek..

Now that we agree on that where do we go from here?

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ron Paul is a moron

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BFD
richer for sure

Anybody care to guess what does "BFD" stand for? (hint: it would also fit SACharlie to a tee."

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

THIS, is great!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
No one talks about Jimmah toppling the Shah of Iran. How has that worked out?

Saddam was bad enough, but are things in Iraq better now?

Those Jihadist cultures seem to be most stable, crazies contained, when they have a strong man in charge. We work hard to bring them "democracy" and we are rewarded with the Arab Spring. Wasn't for the Egyptian military, that country would be another Iran.

The more we meddle, arming "moderates", the more ISIS types we'll see on TV parading around in our fine military vehicles, black flags flying.

Look at the mess in Syria. By half heartedly trying to topple Assad, we opened the door for Putin to become a major player.

Turkey was let into NATO, now they're hooking horns with Russia. Does that draw NATO into the Syrian civil war, a proxy war that could spread into a regional conflict, or worse?

This leading from behind stuff is gonna get our behinds kicked if things don't change.

DF

We can go back and dump on all the D presidents too if we want to... LORD knows that Carter and Clinton were both 10 times bigger POS than a Bush ever was.

Not to mention that Bush's were geniunely nice folks and respected the military, and the US....

But a liberal like SA has his liberal problems and still has his blinders on. Shame that it is.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
the balfor declaration in 1918 was the start of it, when the british, think churchhill, along with other western powers agreed to draw lines in the sand to define state after the ottoman empire fell in WWI.
The british had major troop present in what's called iraq for years. Those lines in the sand didn't account for ethnic/religious differences.
Judeo/Christianity had a thousand years to develop the basis for democracy, or what's called that, in the west. There is no history of it there.
Bush made a major mistake in trying to bring democracy in the middle east and nation building. The marshall plan which worked in europe wasn't going to work there.
This compounded by the obongo pulling the troops out. But i think obongo owns it, he has had power for how long now? Very weak and ineffective president.
What happened to his "line in the sand" a few years ago on syria?
I just can't figure out if he is sunni or shia, probably sunni given the time he spent in his youth.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
[quote=Dirtfarmer]But a liberal like SA has his liberal problems and still has his blinders on. Shame that it is.

This is SA's "safe zone" , he knows no one can get their fingers around his throat from here .
My guess is he's much quieter in actual social settings.

.... like tears in the rain
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Poor sac.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, we would have been a lot better off with either Jon Kerry or Al Gore. Now where is that sarcasm icon? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I haven't been proud of my President since January 19th, 1989.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Who ever said that hindsight is 20-20 hit the nail on the head,there are ALWAYS unforseen reprucussions from any decisions.Look at the situation that the policy of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" created.Reagan HONESTLY thought it was a good ideal for the country,and our military,and it did accomplish the much overlooked feat of weaking Russia,and in affect ending the cold war,but as we all know there was some long enduring negative affects as well,but it was an honest decision,and I still don't know if it was good,or bad,but Bush on the other hand made too many decisions for personal reasons,mainly to try to build his legacy,and the future politacal future of the Bush family..We now have the worst president we have ever had,and in comparison Bush looks good,but he was in no means a great President.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by rost495
[quote=Dirtfarmer]But a liberal like SA has his liberal problems and still has his blinders on. Shame that it is.

This is SA's "safe zone" , he knows no one can get their fingers around his throat from here .
My guess is he's much quieter in actual social settings.

I can see where the move from San Francisco to Central Texas could have it's stresses.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
To me, Bush's legacy was his naivete in thinking that the liberals in Congress and the media would remain supportive of the war effort. As soon as the dust settled from the fall of the World Trade Center, it was politics as usual for those traitors and Bush didn't respond. He didn't want to "sully" the office of the Presidency. Well, that got us Obama who has done enough sullying to cover a century's worth of administrations.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Anybody still defending Bush at this point is a friggen moron.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

THIS, is great!

shocked

Eminent climate change within a 50' radius of that site, for sure.

A previous poster noted, where do we go from here. We obviously can't correct past mistakes, un-elect the clowns we've had as POTUS. Only the libs can rewrite history... crazy

Hopefully we'll get a responsible adult in the White House and some sense can be made out of all this chaos.

Obviously it's gonna be a lot harder than if things had been consistently handled responsibly from the beginning.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 11/30/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Then I suppose you can call me that, I think. I've written a lot on the subject (as we all have I think) and where GWB and I diverge was on HOW the war was prosecuted and of course the aftermath. He went in with about half the men required, so as units swept north, the rear was undefended and allowed insurgents to raid former Iraqi ammo dumps at will.
He allowed the dismantling of the Iraqi Army and political hierarchy, leaving behind and unemployed, bitter rabble. Add to this venomous religious hatred and that just made for the ensuing mess. He failed to port as much revenue from Iraqi oil to pay for the war and lastly and perhaps worst of all, he fell into the usual American Foreign Policy altruism, of thinking we can turn a ninth century culture into an image of a western democracy. He should have just taken useful pages from how to run an empire from the Brits. Conquer, keep them divided and keep the peace. And yes, this MESS all stemmed from the post WWI British screw up and the Jewish State. j

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No worries. 50% of America believes that Obama is doing a great job.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.