Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Was just at Cabela's in Scarbrough, Maine...they had nothing. Stopped at Kittery Trading post and their rimfire shelf was full.

It was all Federal and CCI with a little Aguila. What I would still like to know is where is all the Remington and Winchetesr. Have only seen smattering here and there for the last two years.

Price:
CCI MiniMag solids: $29.95 for 300

Federal AutoMatch: (?) $19.95 for 325...

Don't remember the others...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depressing. Minis for 10 cents a shot, and they aren't even HPs. Sheeeeeeeesh.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RJM
Was just at Cabela's in Scarbrough, Maine...they had nothing. Stopped at Kittery Trading post and their rimfire shelf was full.

It was all Federal and CCI with a little Aguila. What I would still like to know is where is all the Remington and Winchetesr. Have only seen smattering here and there for the last two years.

Price:
CCI MiniMag solids: $29.95 for 300

Federal AutoMatch: (?) $19.95 for 325...

Don't remember the others...

Bob

Remington are down here in PA, you can have that crap.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
All: Just 2 days ago (12/23/2,015) went to a gun shop about 90 miles from my home and they had a pretty full shelf of C.C.I. 22 L.R. ammo!
It was NOT cheap!
$9.65 for a 100 pack of C.C.I. Mini-Mag hollow-points.
One of my travel mates bought some.
I am sighted in with Federal bulk pack hollow-points in half my Rifles and Winchester Power-Points in the more ritzy other half.
Again have NOT seen the Winchester Power-Points on a store shelf in "for-ever".
Once I got back to my home town gun shop that day, the owner had a nifty Christmas present for me - it was a Christmasy gift boxed factory 3 pack of Federal 22 L.R.'s!
There are three 100 packs of Federal long rifles in this Christmas pack.
What a nice gift/thought from him.
Hoping for better selection in 2,016.
I got a call from a close friend in SW Washington yesterday and a store somewhere around Dayton, Washington had Hornady 17 HMR ammo on sale for $9.99 a box - limit two, so he and his daughter came home with four boxes.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
CCI-HP are going at 11.95 here in town..

Molon Labe
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sometime in November, Mid South had Norma Tac22 on sale for 49.99/brick + shipping. Reg price was 59.99.

Always looking for a replacement of Wolf Target Match, which I can't seem to find anymore, I bought a brick of Norma Tac22.

Well the Tac22 worked out so well, ended up buying a case of the stuff. I figure if I can hold 1-1/2 to 2 min at 200 yds it's worth going after. The rifle I used is a slightly upgraded, but full sized 22 Trapdoor Carbine. The ammo also shoots quite well in my 1885 Winchester, also upgraded with a Rem 580 barrel (liner).

Tac22 is very good ammo for the money. Watch for it, as it comes on sale occasionally.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1195 for 100 Minimag HPS?
YGBSM.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Yes, and they have sold about half a case!!

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When is Obama gonna be gone and Hitlery retired?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Has anyone seen any of the new CCI Suppressor load?

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by tmitch

What bout the Federal 45grs suppressor rounds too

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

What about the Federal 45grs suppressor rounds too?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't tried the Norma Tac-22. I see Midway has it in stock at $65 per brick of 500, plus shipping.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting read here. Never thought about it in regards to upping rim fire production.

https://www.sofmag.com/why-cant-i-find-22-ammo

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Interesting indeed... Good points in that article..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
No, Haven't seen any here except one place that is triple what it should be.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SShooterZ
Interesting read here. Never thought about it in regards to upping rim fire production.

It basically stated the obvious: "Demand has increased dramatically yet no large American ammunition maker has added a new rimfire ammunition plant."
The domestic munitions industry have sat on it's hands hoping the demand is temporary (going on 4 yrs!?), unwilling to invest in expansion, wilst the arms makers have pumped hundreds of thousands of rimfire semiautos into the market creating an even larger demand. All they've done is flog their existing equipment to run 24/7 which, as anyone in manufacturing will tell you, is a most inefficient method of increasing output over an extended period of time. As long as they keep their heads stuck in the sand denying the demand is permanent, refusing to invest in favor of short term profits, the market as it is today will be the norm. In my area, it sucks.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by SShooterZ

It basically stated the obvious: "Demand has increased dramatically yet no large American ammunition maker has added a new rimfire ammunition plant."
The domestic munitions industry have sat on it's hands hoping the demand is temporary (going on 4 yrs!?), unwilling to invest in expansion, wilst the arms makers have pumped hundreds of thousands of rimfire semiautos into the market creating an even larger demand. All they've done is flog their existing equipment to run 24/7 which, as anyone in manufacturing will tell you, is a most inefficient method of increasing output over an extended period of time. As long as they keep their heads stuck in the sand denying the demand is permanent, refusing to invest in favor of short term profits, the market as it is today will be the norm. In my area, it sucks.

Thanks. This about the most cogent summary I have seen, and the part I have highlighted gets little attention.

The standard theme from the industry is to put most of the blame on hoarders, who supposedly stand in line to snap up the trickle of .22s that arrive at retail outlets. Just a part of the picture, at best. Little is said about what is going on between the beginning and end point of the supply chain.

The free market works in the long run, but not like a well-oiled machine, and it ain't always pretty.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I'm seeing more but I wouldn't call it an influx. Bass Pro at the Pyramid in Memphis had some this past weekend.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's likely a nugget of truth in most views of this situation, but I think the scrounges sucking up the plinking ammo at the discount stores are the biggest contributors to the problem. By taking cheap ammo out of the regular supply stream, they drive folks up the quality ladder to mid-range ammo for plinking, which creates shortages in that price range which causes folks to binge buy and hoard when they can until they think they have "enough", whatever they perceive that to be. Undoubtedly, some otherwise normal folks have gone a little nuts and "enough" never comes. Several people have posted here admitting to having more than they ever can use. Higher end stuff has remained available throughout this mess with the cut-off point point around $8 per 50, too rich for the scrounges to invest in. Preppers likely play a part, accumulating ammo not only for their own Doomsday needs, but as trade goods for the end-of-times economy they expect.

The part I find funny is that O'Keefe takes the industry to task for not being willing to invest billions of dollars of their investors' money in accordance with his "expert" notions of the market. Seems to me that the ammo companies pay lots of good money to people to determine what the market is. Maybe he needs to offer his services to them. My "expert" notion is that if enough shooters stop buying ammo from the scrounges, they will dry up and blow away, and eventually the market will restore to normal.

Meanwhile, I continue to find all the .22s I need online, at reasonable prices, and have yet to stand in line anywhere for crap ammo. Any opportunity to avoid the sad display of societal decay at Whatamart is a bonus.

Last edited by Pappy348; 12/31/15.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 55 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,579
Posts18,473,329
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.