Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 97 of 175 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Doing 35 in a 25 mph zone...... the old bastard needed a whuppin'.

Badge heavy cops are cowards at heart and when they paint themselves into a corner by issuing orders, enforcing that order becomes paramount in their mind. There is no re-consideration as to how necessary the order actually is, or how serious a circumstance the failure to comply actually would create.

I said from the git-go that this "failure to obey" would be the extent of Mr. Yantis's transgressions unless you count a "F U" as justification for murder.

Upon first reading of the account of Mr Yantis's death AND the treatment of his wife, the only proper emotion for a real man is "outrage".

Any "feeling", any "thought", aside from outrage marks a man as cowardly as these two deputies in my opinion.

You know, I can't find a thing here I don't agree with.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Upon first reading of the account of Mr Yantis's death AND the treatment of his wife, the only proper emotion for a real man is "outrage".

A "real man" believes every account that he reads?

Texan logic?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Did you hear any deescalation employed by the paid police professional? Maybe something like this "Mr. Smith, I am a little bit worried about the traffic here, so could you help me keep things safe by waiting in your car please sir?"

What would have been proper procedure in that case? Wood did say that it was for his safety. Not trying to be a smart ass, I'd just like to know and not necessarily from you Paul.

Looks like they were pulled over in a parking lot.

IMO, when a cop asks you to get back in the car, you get back in the car.

Can't see how roughly he handled the man, but from listening to it I'm having a hard time finding fault with the cop on that one. He gave him really specific orders. If I get out of my car at a traffic stop and the cop tells me to get back in I figure I better get back in. Does the other guy not have to do what the cop says because he's old? Again, can't see how roughly he handled the man, could change things, but it doesn't sound like he put some big azz beating on him..... The officer actually sounded like he was trying to avoid putting hands on the guy. I was expecting something a lot rougher than that.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2

You two should be involved in the space program.

Super bright.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Pat,

Re: the old guy video.

What does one do with a non-compliant 80 year-old?

What legal authority does a Cop have to require you to return to your vehicle and what offense have you committed if you do not?

If you let the irate old guy roam around out there and he gets run over are you liable?

Does department policy ALLOW you any leeway in how you react to such non-compliance?

I gotta say, listening to the old guy video I didn't hear a Cop gleefully roughing up an old guy, sounded more like a Cop not knowing what else to do but apply force. Maybe he had no options I dunno.

I'll bet if he woulda just stood there with the old guy for five or ten minutes more than 'three seconds' and let him vent, and then patiently explain why he pulled him over things woulda gone different tho.

Birdwatcher

Anybody can look at the aftermath of something and write a report. Dealing with the subject of the report in real time is a different issue. I'm with you guys, he should have let the obnoxious old bastard get hit by a truck.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The way I understand it, the guy was 79, and told the officer 80 in the video.

That type of false information warrants a nuclear response.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

You two should be involved in the space program.

Super bright.
Travis

I think my position from the beginning is the cop is guilty of murdering Jack Yantis, but I doubt he'll be convicted of anything.

We'll see who's bright and who sucks balls Montana.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No cop goes to work everyday hoping to run across a bunch of crazy old drivers. It almost never ends well.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Did you hear any deescalation employed by the paid police professional? Maybe something like this "Mr. Smith, I am a little bit worried about the traffic here, so could you help me keep things safe by waiting in your car please sir?"

What would have been proper procedure in that case? Wood did say that it was for his safety. Not trying to be a smart ass, I'd just like to know and not necessarily from you Paul.

I spent 20 years in federal LE and some time as a reserve deputy as well. I developed a reputation of being very good at gaining verbal compliance. Here's why. I didn't always expect blind obedience. I was humble enough to accept that my fellow countryman, a freeman, would sometimes want to question authority. In fact I kinda expected it from a fellow American. In many situations (the subject traffic stop included) the tactical situation allows a little soft handing and deescalation. You know, a little Andy Griffith. Consequently, he was my professional role model. If cops aren't willing to entertain a little passive questioning of their authority, they are in the wrong position and out of touch with the patriotic spirit of this country.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I spent 20 years in federal LE and some time as a reserve deputy as well. I developed a reputation of being very good at gaining verbal compliance. Here's why. I didn't always expect blind obedience. I was humble enough to accept that my fellow countryman, a freeman, would sometimes want to question authority. In fact I kinda expected it from a fellow American. In many situations (the subject traffic stop included) the tactical situation allows a little soft handing and deescalation. You know, a little Andy Griffith. Consequently, he was my professional role model. If cops aren't willing to entertain a little passive questioning of their authority, they are in the wrong position and out of touch with the patriotic spirit of this country.

I am very sorry to hear you are not still in LE. We could use a LOT more guys with your attitude.

LOL
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

There’s not much to see on the Dash-cam footage provided to our newsroom by the McCall Police Department, but the audio is compelling. Below is some of the transcript.

Wood: "Go and have a seat in the car."

Whaley: "What do I look like? A crook?"

Wood: "Sir, I'm telling you to go sit in your car.
I'm not telling you you look like a crook, just go sit down in your car."

Whaley: "I resent your attitude young man."

Wood: "Sir, I'm not giving you any attitude, but I'm not giving you any option.
Go sit down in your car right now."

Whaley: "Yes. You're giving me an option because I didn't do anything wrong."

Wood: "Go to your car right now. Sir, right now. I'm not asking."

Whaley: "I'm 80 years old, and I don't like your attitude."

Wood: "I can arrest you or you can go to your car.
It's up to you right now. You have three seconds to decide."

Whaley: "Okay, arrest me."
Wood: "Okay."

On the video, the incident continues to escalate.

Whaley: "Let go of me! Let go of me!"

Wood: "Sir, sir, I'm not going to let go. I don't want to hurt you. Sir, stop."

Whaley: "Let go of me. Let go of me."

Whaley sued Wood, and the McCall Police Department after the incident, claiming excessive force.

Whaley: "call the EMTs."

Wood: The EMTs is called. You're still resisting. You're telling me you have medical trouble, and yet you can still fight me. Put your hands behind your back.

Whaley: "You young little whippersnappers, who do you think you are? Huh? Who do you think you are?"

Wood: "I'm a police officer, I've given you an order, it’s for my safety and you have to obey it."

I think Wood asked him 6 times to go sit in his car (maybe only 5 depending on how you read it). Wood's tone in the audio was not what I was expecting. I expected him to be a smart azz, sounded calm and like he was trying to get Whaley to cooperate as best he could. Again, can't see how he was treating the guy physically but doesn't sound like a beat down....

Everything I'm hearing about the rancher incident sounds like the cops are at fault, but I've only heard one side. Waiting to hear the cops' side before I throw them under the bus.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Coast Guard?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Everything I'm hearing about the rancher incident sounds like the cops are at fault, but I've only heard one side. Waiting to hear the cops' side before I throw them under the bus.

Pretty sure that type of opinion will get you in timeout here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Nice post. Thanks for your service.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

A "real man" believes every account that he reads?

Texan logic?

Travis

I believe the Deputies restrained Mrs. Yantis, causing her to have a heart attack.

I believe the Sheriff tried to downplay this event in his statement to the news media, inferring that the widow was NOT an eyewitness to the murder of her husband.

Working backward from those two FACTS, it makes the family's account believable.

It strains credibility to imagine a scenario where two armed Deputies felt LEGITIMATELY threatened by a rancher with a bolt action .204 [yeah, I have one] who had the rifle for a legitimate reason.

So, Yeah, it is OUTRAGEOUS on it's face.

What's even more outrageous is the knowledge that the two deputies will likely suffer no harmful consequences for their actions.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I think my position from the beginning is the cop is guilty of murdering Jack Yantis, but I doubt he'll be convicted of anything.

SUPER bright...

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I believe the Deputies restrained Mrs. Yantis, causing her to have a heart attack.

I believe the Sheriff tried to downplay this event in his statement to the news media, inferring that the widow was NOT an eyewitness to the murder of her husband.

Working backward from those two FACTS, it makes the family's account believable.

It strains credibility to imagine a scenario where two armed Deputies felt LEGITIMATELY threatened by a rancher with a bolt action .204 [yeah, I have one] who had the rifle for a legitimate reason.

So, Yeah, it is OUTRAGEOUS on it's face.

What's even more outrageous is the knowledge that the two deputies will likely suffer no harmful consequences for their actions.

You should be a private investigator. Your fact finding abilities are uncanny.

I bet you learned all this, and never even left Texas!

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=bigwhoop] Zollman said dispatchers had called Yantis after the crash,......

Here lies the problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually, most of my investigations were in Ar.,Ms.,La., and Tx.

I only had one in Idaho, just N W of Rigby.

Witnesses are pretty much the same everywhere.

Except South Louisiana.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slavek
[quote=bigwhoop] Zollman said dispatchers had called Yantis after the crash,......

Here lies the problem.

That's no problem for the cops and cop suckups posting here.

They can justify any cop behavior.

Page 97 of 175 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,930
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.