Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave
MT,

That is a good write up and thanks for the info.

I cannot see any advantage to going M2 vs. the Montefeltro in a 20gauge.

Can you?

Travis

Travis, for upland hunting I feel the Monte is excellent. The only reason I would go M2 would be to get the camo and synthetic weather protection or the comfort tech stock.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Shooting clays this afternoon. One of the fellows on squad was shooting a Winchester SuperX 3 20ga. Nice looking gun with a matted silver grey barrel & receiver. It was throwing empties " a mile". He said it would shoot anything and let me shoot a few of his 3/4oz reloads. Impressive!!! Invector + CT's. Said it came with all sorts of shims to fine tune stock set-up. Any experience among the readers here?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Citori16
Working myself up to a 20ga Autoloader for sporting clays. Would like gun built on 20ga sized frame; one that will reliably shoot 7/8oz target loads; 28" VR CT barrel and can be expected to shoot 200 targets between cleaning and be reasonably easy to clean. Suggestions appreciated.

Really plenty of good options out there that easily meet the qualification you lay out. I would take a look at the remington, beretta,browning benelli and see which one feels best to you. I personally love my 1100 lt-20 but ymmv.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
MT,

Can you?

Travis

Travis, for upland hunting I feel the Monte is excellent. The only reason I would go M2 would be to get the camo and synthetic weather protection or the comfort tech stock.

Same here.

Thanks.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Citori16
Shooting clays this afternoon. One of the fellows on squad was shooting a Winchester SuperX 3 20ga. Nice looking gun with a matted silver grey barrel & receiver. It was throwing empties " a mile". He said it would shoot anything and let me shoot a few of his 3/4oz reloads. Impressive!!! Invector + CT's. Said it came with all sorts of shims to fine tune stock set-up. Any experience among the readers here?

I bought my son an SX3 in 20 gauge and it is one helluva shotgun. It is heavier than my M2 but other than that...

If this is for sporting clays (as MT reminded me) then the SX3 is probably preferable due to the extra weight.

And yes, the stock is adjustable for LOP and cast on/off.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Travis, this is just my opinion and not necessarily the ultimate truth (but really, really close) but heavy guns turned me off as a yout (yes, intentional), and black, plastic guns do as an adult. If a Seal or Ranger, ok.

I like real timber on my shotguns and there are products to protect them even in the very unfriendly climes of Havre, Mt. It's always nice to look down on a sublime piece of planking as opposed to the harsh, cold emptiness of....plastic.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
MT,

Can you?

Travis

Unless you are super recoil sensitive...m there is no advantage.

The Monte is the shiddddt, when it comes to 20s

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If your primary requirement is sporting clays, I'd recommend the Beretta A400 Xcel in 28 or 30". These have tremendous dynamics for targets, though somewhat heavy for chasing Idaho chukars.

I'm somewhat confused by what you want it for. If a hunting gun, then agree completely on the Montefeltro. I've had one, and they are great. They are light, recoil operated, and kick. Another good one is the A400 Xplor. These are also very light (too light for me to shoot well), handle well. If you can get past the looks of the receivers, the A400s are a quantum leap up from the 391s...and easier to clean.

For target shooting, especially sporting clays, a somewhat heavier gun is most useful to a smooth swing, coupled with longer barrels for somewhat more inertia.

Last edited by GF1; 12/02/15.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had a monte almost 20 years ago, loved it but I shoot #5 at dang near everything and that particular gun would shot #6s and #4s pretty good but #5s no mater what brand would shoot a foot and a half high. Traded it for the M1 i have now and there really isn't that much weight difference. If a gun won't shoot 5s in lead or 3s in steel I got no use for it.

I was always afraid the comfort tech stock would take on water through those chevrons and rust some stuff. Idk though, it's a cool concept if it works. I gotta say I love about all the Benellis but the vinci is just a grotesque looking thing.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,830 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.