Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Cheap ass Canucks. For almost almost $4K per you'd think they could put out a [bleep] apple.

It's about $4100 +/- next year. I didn't want it to sound like a whine, but damn it, they used to put out bulk cheeses, apples, bananas, bags of veggies, etc. This year it was granola bars, snack packs. Cheap ass processed meat. It just wasn't right. It was sad that the chef and waitress were actually embarrassed. It was Ok and you guys make it better. Thanks.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I look coward to this bread every year and again I'm not disappointed. Thank you for sharing with us.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Cheap ass Canucks. For almost almost $4K per you'd think they could put out a [bleep] apple.

It's about $4100 +/- next year. I didn't want it to sound like a whine, but damn it, they used to put out bulk cheeses, apples, bananas, bags of veggies, etc. This year it was granola bars, snack packs. Cheap ass processed meat. It just wasn't right. It was sad that the chef and waitress were actually embarrassed. It was Ok and you guys make it better. Thanks.

I'd have been asking them WTFO. Of course if people are willing to continue paying more for less there ain't much incentive for them to change.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

I'd have been asking them WTFO. Of course if people are willing to continue paying more for less there ain't much incentive for them to change.

You can't shoot the messenger and that's what I would have been doing. I boiled over when I paid the deposit for next year and I was given the contact info for SEPAQ in Quebec and bright and early on Monday morning I will be on the phone with them and also sending an email listing complaints and suggestions for whatever good it will do. If nothing else they will know how I feel.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Great post and pictures. I'm thinking of a return trip in 2016 to celebrate my 65th. Started conversations with Safari Anticosti and it will be interesting to hear what they say about the November hunts.
Do you think the lack of deer sighting was weather related, or....2014/15 winterkill?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Westernmassman
Great post and pictures. I'm thinking of a return trip in 2016 to celebrate my 65th. Started conversations with Safari Anticosti and it will be interesting to hear what they say about the November hunts.
Do you think the lack of deer sighting was weather related, or....2014/15 winterkill?

Absolutely. Some of the other camps at a little more elevation did better than Chicotte. MOST of the places we liked to hunt were absolutely flooded. This is/was a heath (meadow/field) that we used to love to hunt. This year it was a pond about 3' deep.

[Linked Image]

That milk crate is in a ground blind that washed away. The blind is where we used to sit and rattle.

[Linked Image]

This is not a very good shot, but it's the Pavillon River, just about a 20 mile 4 wheeler ride. We've shot many nice deer there. This year it was a no go.

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks for the observation. I remember the misconception I had going up there my first time that there would be a deer under every tree. Took a lot of hoofing to get my two 7ptrs, but had an awesome adventure, and that's whats its all about! Right?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I recovered the bullet from the deer that I shot. It is a 150 grain Hornady spire point, weighing in at 150 grains as shot. Recovered weight was 142 grains and expanded to .884".

Load was 37.2 grains of IMR 3031 with a CCI large rifle primer. Velocity was 2475 FPS.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Awesome trip report! Anticosti is high on my bucket list. Is there a agency that covers everything, guide, travel, licenses, etc?

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
Any chance you can break down the pricing? I have ben looking at going there but thought the hunt for 5 days was 12-1400 bucks.

“Lighten up Francis”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
LBK a great story and photos as always. Congrats on an intersting hunt and making the most out of limited opportunities

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
really enjoyable story! Glad to hear you & the misses scored, and stayed safe, to boot.

What are you doing to protect the old Savage 99 from the rain? wax? Oil?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Great read and pics.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
LBK, I don't know what those deer have to eat but that buck of your wife's is one fat son of a gun. powdr

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by troutfisher13111
Awesome trip report! Anticosti is high on my bucket list. Is there a agency that covers everything, guide, travel, licenses, etc?

Several on the island, but we have only used Sepaq Anticosti and have always been satisfied.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by micky
Any chance you can break down the pricing? I have ben looking at going there but thought the hunt for 5 days was 12-1400 bucks.

To my knowledge there are no 5 day hunts. 5 nights and 4 days of hunting and 7 nights and 6 days of hunting. Google Sepaq and call the 800 number. They will steer you straight.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
really enjoyable story! Glad to hear you & the misses scored, and stayed safe, to boot.

What are you doing to protect the old Savage 99 from the rain? wax? Oil?

NOTHING. Dry it muzzle down at the end of the day. Wipe it down and at the end of the hunt, strip it down and give it a complete cleaning. I never wax just Snake oil.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by powdr
LBK, I don't know what those deer have to eat but that buck of your wife's is one fat son of a gun. powdr

Spruce, birch, and kelp. That's about it.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by troutfisher13111

Safari Anticosti will cover everything in the bill (travel from / to Montreal, licenses, etc. - everything except for the guides tip). Be advised that based on the current exchange rate US hunters are charged an extra 25% excluding the license. All hunters pay the same dollar price but US hunters pay in US dollars and everyone one else pays in CA dollars.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1234, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 70 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,084
Posts18,482,814
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.