Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
SOB things never go right for me. Things have been tight for a while now. But im hanging in there. Just got back from hunting this weekend, just bought a gun stock, everything with my bank accounts are good. Or so it seemed. My bank got bought out by another and my direct deposit was supposed to be transferred automatically for up to a year. Well before I left for the mountains, I changed my account number so I didnt forget a year from now. Before I left I paid rent. Well the money wasnt direct deposited.

Land lord put a nice 10 day to pay or quit notice on my door. It goes on to say at the bottom that the lease is terminated. So I have to call them tomorrow and see if it means I have 10 days to make it right, or the lease is actually terminated. I was so phfukkin pissed off! Called the bank and they said no direct deposit, called HR at work they said a direct deposit was initiated. Where the hells my money??? No one knows. Since im paycheck to paycheck basically, im screwed until next week, and even then I wont have it all.

Just getting schit off my chest, but damnit doesnt it seem like when you think youre keeping your head above water something else schits all over it?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
they cant kick out out that easy, its a scare tactic cause he didnt get paid, make it right and pay them man whats owed. I am a land lord and in my experience it takes at least 60 days to evict someone

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sorry to hear about your mix up.

Sometimes we need to make our own luck though. It might help to cut back on hunting and rifle stocks a bit and get a couple month's buffer in a savings account.

Find a bank with a mobile application, and monitor deposits closely. If there is a SNAFU, you have the funds in reserve to make it right.

I know, easier said than done - I've done the paycheck-to-paycheck thing in my past. But in today's world I think it's really important to have that fallback before spending on the fun stuff.

Good luck friend,

--Duck911

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Never dealt with it before, was never late. Maybe it is a scare tactic, but pisses me off nonetheless mad If it isnt and they follow through, I have half a notion to say phfuck it quit my job, move north to camp and screw the world. But then id be without insurance, unless I go on welfare, but im too white for that!

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by duck911
Sorry to hear about your mix up.

Sometimes we need to make our own luck though. It might help to cut back on hunting and rifle stocks a bit and get a couple month's buffer in a savings account.

Find a bank with a mobile application, and monitor deposits closely. If there is a SNAFU, you have the funds in reserve to make it right.

I know, easier said than done - I've done the paycheck-to-paycheck thing in my past. But in today's world I think it's really important to have that fallback before spending on the fun stuff.

Good luck friend,

--Duck911

Thanks. Ya I shouldnt have bought that stock, but it wouldnt have made a difference. The last 2 Christmas's sucked, and this'n aint gonna be no different, so I figure wtf buy a stock, least I get something for my hard work. Ah, itll get better. I know it. Just pissed and needed to get it out ya know?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick
I have half a notion to say phfuck it quit my job, move north to camp and screw the world.

Yeah, that'll show 'em.

Black Cows Matter!
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I have half a notion to say phfuck it quit my job, move north to camp and screw the world.

Yeah, that'll show 'em.

Wouldnt be about them. Got the schits about stressin over schit. Health. Job up and down. All kinds of schit. Least there taxes 200/yr no one around to bother me, no money but hell dont need much.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Never dealt with it before, was never late. Maybe it is a scare tactic, but pisses me off nonetheless mad If it isnt and they follow through, I have half a notion to say phfuck it quit my job, move north to camp and screw the world. But then id be without insurance, unless I go on welfare, but im too white for that!

10 day pay or quit is not a scare tactic. It is the first thing a landlord has to do to initiate an eviction which usually takes a couple months.

Laws vary by state, but around here, a 10 day pay or quit is a formal notice to get your stuff in order and get paid up. If you do, you should be ok. Definitely need to let your landlord know what happened. I would demand a letter from my HR and bank to try and sway landlord that you were acting in good faith. As a landlord, I will put up with a lot as long as a tenant keeps me informed with no BS.

Good luck.

Montana MOFO
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Appreciate it. Ill get documents rounded up first thing. If they dont follow through im looking for another place anyhow. Has me pissed that bad, and im tired of payin a grand for a 2 bedroom place. Either way I believe im gonna get out of here. Hell I never missed a payment, youd think theyd call or something before putting a note on my damn door.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarkio

10 day pay or quit is not a scare tactic. It is the first thing a landlord has to do to initiate an eviction which usually takes a couple months.

Laws vary by state, but around here, a 10 day pay or quit is a formal notice to get your stuff in order and get paid up. If you do, you should be ok. Definitely need to let your landlord know what happened. I would demand a letter from my HR and bank to try and sway landlord that you were acting in good faith. As a landlord, I will put up with a lot as long as a tenant keeps me informed with no BS.

Good luck.

Solid advice right there.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
how many rentals does the guy you rent from have....it may be his normal to place the notices, no matter the history.....hell he has to look out for his stuff too, Call and talk to him first. smile

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bubbajay
how many rentals does the guy you rent from have....it may be his normal to place the notices, no matter the history.....hell he has to look out for his stuff too, Call and talk to him first. smile

Im in townhouses. Hell its probably 300 rental at this location. They have another location that mirrors this one 25 miles from here, and 3 or 4 in Maryland if I remember right. Huge management company.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Get some rest, go out of your WAY to be polite and courteous,...this "I'm Pissed" routine gets old in a hurry,and is no way to get a satisfactory conclusion to this classic "chit happens" event.....scmooze everybody and GLIDE through this.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Get some rest, go out of your WAY to be polite and courteous,...this "I'm Pissed" routine gets old in a hurry,and is no way to get a satisfactory conclusion to this classic "chit happens" event.....scmooze everybody and GLIDE through this.

GTC

Thank ya. Yur right, im lettin my temper get to me. A lot worse off than me. Hard to remember sometimes.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...Just got back from hunting this weekend, just bought a gun stock...before I left for the mountains, I changed my account number...Since im paycheck to paycheck basically, im screwed until next week, and even then I wont have it all...

It sounds like you aren't too serious about taking care of your obligations. How many weeks do you think you can make your landlord wait beyond the due date? This isn't his fault.

Unless you want to be known as a deadbeat, go pawn or sell something or borrow the money until you get your schit together.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
You shouldn't have to wait until next week to get your pay. If money didn't get to any bank they still owe you. Hr should issue a new check and cancel the first payment. In my state they have 24 hrs to make it right. Also be nice when you talk to the landlord. He might also be check to check. Thus be in the same boat. Remember you get as many flies with sugar as you do with chitt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Good luck.

Here I can give a five day notice for non-payment and have the Sheriff come with me to evict on day five if all rents due aren't paid. I never did it, but one lady got real close.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Also, Google 'tenant rights' or 'renter rights' for the state you are in.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SOB things never go right for me. Things have been tight for a while now. But im hanging in there. Just got back from hunting this weekend, just bought a gun stock, everything with my bank accounts are good. Or so it seemed. My bank got bought out by another and my direct deposit was supposed to be transferred automatically for up to a year. Well before I left for the mountains, I changed my account number so I didnt forget a year from now. Before I left I paid rent. Well the money wasnt direct deposited.

Land lord put a nice 10 day to pay or quit notice on my door. It goes on to say at the bottom that the lease is terminated. So I have to call them tomorrow and see if it means I have 10 days to make it right, or the lease is actually terminated. I was so phfukkin pissed off! Called the bank and they said no direct deposit, called HR at work they said a direct deposit was initiated. Where the hells my money??? No one knows. Since im paycheck to paycheck basically, im screwed until next week, and even then I wont have it all.

Just getting schit off my chest, but damnit doesnt it seem like when you think youre keeping your head above water something else schits all over it?
Sorry to hear of your problems. Hope it works out the way you want it to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Also, Google 'tenant rights' or 'renter rights' for the state you are in.

This^ Far too many people don't understand their rights. Housing has some very protected rights in many places. (Could kind of suck to be a landlord even.) Knowing your rights when you talk to the landlord - calmly- while letting them know that you are aware of what is allowed, can go a long way toward keeping things amicable. No one who is invested in property wants to hang their capital out there by violating a knowing person's rights. Remember, rights are not privileges.

And go sit down in the bank and have them straighten things out pronto if they made an error. I had to do so three times when my bank debited a check someone else had written on their account against mine. There was an overdraft charge which was reversed and erased, but the money wasn't returned immediately. Then it was returned twice and I had to get that straightened out. The final solution the banker offered was to inform the main bank. He told me it would either happen within a week to 10 days or I should just forget about it. It ended in my favor - assuming three sit-downs and a couple phone calls weren't much for the trouble.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 12/08/15.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,187
Posts18,484,861
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.