Campfire Regular
Z
Brass is still listed on their website.

GB1

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I dunno maybe it is true. Cabelas had one bullet I was looking at last week, now gone. Try finding 30-06 brass.

Threads like this have been going on for a few years. I could see it during the big shortage. But after the election I would think it wouldn;t be an issue. Maybe seasonal production, but we are coming on fall.

Because the rumors have been going on so for so many years, I think maybe its not true. But given I can't find stuff, maybe. Granted we have gone through mass buy upsand shortages before.

I emailed starline last winter asking when they would start 30-06, since they are doing some bottle necks. They said working on it, and next year. More people should email them for calibers they want.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Zerk,

Are you kidding about .30-06 brass? I just checked the three websites where I order most of my handloading components. Two had four brands of .30-06 cases in stock, and the other had five. The brands included Federal, Lapua, Hornady, Norma, Nosler and Winchester.

Or are you simply one of those guys who believes that if their local stores don't have some kind of shooting product, nobody else does? During the rimfire "shortage" one guy from Montana kept posting here about the road trips he and a couple of buddies periodically made around the western half of the state, looking for rimfire ammo. They never found much, but in the meantime many other people were checking the Internet (which costs a lot less than several tanks of gas) and finding rimfire ammo at decent prices, more than often enough to keep shooting a lot.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
MD,

How has your experience with newer production Winchester brass been? Is it back up to snuff?

m

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
The last I remember purchasing was some .222's a couple of years ago. It was fine, but mostly I've buying Hornady, Lapua, Norma or Nosler brass, since I can actually find them when needed.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mule Deer,

Zerk is the latest troll around here... so give him his due just attention...

As far as brass goes, I have access to plenty of stuff...

its just not brand new in bags...

I had several sources for it, until I found out Brassman had relocated from Nevada to
just a couple of miles from my house.

He is a forum member here.. and he doesn't have every thing under the sun, but
he sure has a lot of different calibers available and brands...cleaned brass at real
reasonable prices, especially considering the market and availability.

I also picked up a while ago, brass made from Lake City into 17 Fireball and 17 Remington
thru High Plains Brass in Illinois....for $35 a hundred. Its quality in 17 Fireball was as good
as some of the Remington Factory brass I had left over from loading ammo for a friend of mine
who is elderly.

and then there is the factory brass in loaded ammo route.

consider the economics... in an experiment, I picked up a Box of Federal 243 brass...

shot it with the 80 grain bullets that it was loaded in...

and playing around...I've annealed it every 4th reload, and showed a little prudence at the
powder scale.... So far they are on their 40th reload...get tumbled every 4th reload or so also..
so they look great...

You just have to think differently than you use to in regards to brass...

I've got no shortages of about anything I happen to need.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
If there is so much market demand, you'd think that some manufacturer, PP or S&B maybe, would step in to fill the void and harvest those reloaders' dollars that aren't being spent on Remington and Winchester/Olin brass.

They have. My last 500 pieces of 22-250 were priv and it's just as good as any Remington or Winchester I've had. So long as I can get it then screw Winchester or Remington brass. The only brass I'll go out of my way for is lapua, everything else is just run of the mill.

In the last 30 years I've yet to fire a round of centerfire ammo from the factory & I'm not about to change. Half the fun of shooting is loading my own ammo, I'm not buying factory loaded ammo just to get the brass or for any other reason. If Winchester or Remington don't want to sell me brass someone else will.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The only brass I've seen in any quantity over the last year has been Hornady, Lapua, Norma, and Starline. I was in a LGS who had some bags of Winchester brass, but not much of it.

I, too have been buying factory ammo to use and to get brass.

I have bought quite a bit of both Fiocchi and Privi ammo with some of the "Perfecta" brand FMJ ammo in .223 and .308. The Perfecta brass has been very uniform, and, although marked .308 & .223, they weigh more like 7.62 NATO and 5.56 NATO brass.

I haven't had any issues with Fiocchi or Privi's brass. They both seem to be high quality products in both .308 and .223, and the Perfecta is as good as any Lake City stuff from the last ten years.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Seafire,

I know Zerk is a troll, but once in a while I just can't let some really stupid troll-statement pass. I mean, if somebody wants to be an effective Internet troll, at the very least they should post something halfway possible--not about a supposed .30-06 brass shortage.

The infamous Lee24 finally broke the believable barrier too often and too blatantly, the reason he disappeared. Maybe something like that will happen with Zerk soon. He doesn't seem as bright as Lee24. Not that ol' Lee was a genius, but most of the time he could spell easy words correctly.

John Steinbeck
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Seafire,

I know Zerk is a troll, but once in a while I just can't let some really stupid troll-statement pass. I mean, if somebody wants to be an effective Internet troll, at the very least they should post something halfway possible--not about a supposed .30-06 brass shortage.

The infamous Lee24 finally broke the believable barrier too often and too blatantly, the reason he disappeared. Maybe something like that will happen with Zerk soon. He doesn't seem as bright as Lee24. Not that ol' Lee was a genius, but most of the time he could spell easy words correctly.

grin

10/4 John...

You'd think if you were going to troll, you'd at least pick a handle, that you didn't pick Jerk and then drop
the J for a Z.....

I'm sure he's a regular... just no one has picked out which one yet.

I'll never understand the mind set of these Troll types anyhow...

best regards!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Zerk,

Are you kidding about .30-06 brass? I just checked the three websites where I order most of my handloading components. Two had four brands of .30-06 cases in stock, and the other had five. The brands included Federal, Lapua, Hornady, Norma, Nosler and Winchester.

Or are you simply one of those guys who believes that if their local stores don't have some kind of shooting product, nobody else does? During the rimfire "shortage" one guy from Montana kept posting here about the road trips he and a couple of buddies periodically made around the western half of the state, looking for rimfire ammo. They never found much, but in the meantime many other people were checking the Internet (which costs a lot less than several tanks of gas) and finding rimfire ammo at decent prices, more than often enough to keep shooting a lot.

I am saying I could not find remington 30-06 brass.There have been rumors they are getting out of the component business. Cabelas, Midway, Amazon, Bass Pro, and some other odd ones that showed up on a google search, did not have remington.

I see plenty of brass in the stores, just not remington. See plenty of winchester, hornady, ect

Maybe remington runs batches certain times of year. I was looking at some bullets last week, now gone, from Cabelas.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
As for winchester, I got some bags,but haven't loaded it yet. For handgun, a few times I wonded if it sized hard, for store bought loads.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
...Not that ol' Lee was a genius, but most of the time he could spell easy words correctly.

LMAO!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Right now.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Somebody could call zerk a retard, but that would be a compliment.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington-reg-Unprimed-Rifle-Brass-Per/1160414.uts

Well here is an actually link. No brass. How about you put up a link? Or simply an explation. Why it is isn't showing up?

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
101x27.99 does not equal you number. Since only cart only shows 101. Maybe I am just missing something or maybe you are full of it. I don't know what you would have to gain by faking this. Normally I would try to give a benefit of doubt, and figure I am missing something. Maybe not all 101 are brass. But when my link says they are out. I wonder.

Last edited by Zerk; 08/10/17.
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Zengela
Somebody could call zerk a retard, but that would be a compliment.

Other than polishing his knob, why don't you put up a link?

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Here...
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington-reg-Unprimed-Rifle-Brass-Per/1160414.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3D30-06%2Bbrass

Link is not hot so you'll have to copy and paste it in the address bar. It takes you to the remington brass page and you can choose your caliber from there. 30-06 is in the list and is even on sale!

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 08/10/17. Reason: linky no worky

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
It's in stock. Get your credit card out and buy some.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 204guy, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,399
Posts18,470,113
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.