Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Couple of buddies and I are considering one of these for deer processing. We are looking at the #32, 1.5HP model. Also looking at the Cuber/Slicer attachment to go with it.

Anybody used this setup? We've got an old 1/3 HP grinder and have been going to a friend's shop and using his Hobart 403 for our cubing. How does the LEM setup compare?

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Much, much better. You guys will have to scramble to keep up with feeding it. grin

We've been using one just like it for the last two years in deer camp.

The only grinder I've ever used that was better (?) was an F. Dick commercial grinder.

Buy it and their sausage stuffer and enjoy! We bought a separate meat slicer for making jerky.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you will seriously not be able to feed it fast enough. I run the 1hp cabelas version and can grind an elk in under 10 minutes without a doubt. I did 4 elk in a single day and the grinder didn't run for more than 1/2 hour.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
we use the same size LEM for deer, and grind about 600 pounds in something over an hour of time...

They are flat amazing to me.

I'd think big commercial would be the only better.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So the grinder is ausome and how does the cuber attachment work? Thanks

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'm running a #8 LEM grinder and have no problems with it. I can only imagine the amount of meat you could grind with a #32.
Be sure to get the loose meat bagging kit, if you want to do up loose sausage. The large horn, tape kit, and bags are all in the catalog. We used to do our loose sausage in food saver vacuum bags, but you always get grease all over the mouth of the bag and then had trouble getting them to seal. The bagging system has eliminated all that headache. Enjoy it is quality equipment.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bill_55
but you always get grease all over the mouth of the bag and then had trouble getting them to seal.

Freeze your sausage first then put in bags. No problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the cuber attachments for lem grinders works great. the hobart is the best.that's what i have.

i use a canning jar funnel to fill my vacuum bags to keep from getting grease on the top of the bags.works great.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
+1 on the cuber and grinder. I only have a 1 hp model and have to work like heck to keep the meat flowing when grinding. The cuber work fantastic.....

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Bill_55
I'm running a #8 LEM grinder and have no problems with it. I can only imagine the amount of meat you could grind with a #32.

Heck, I use the #5 LEM and have no problems....except keeping it fed. Likely the big advantage with something like a #32 is that you can drop much larger pieces of meat in the chute, thus cutting way down on overall processing time.

I had a bad image of the LEM's because they are Chinese and pretty expensive. I was looking for a used, reasonably sized and priced Hobart on Craigslist, and ran across the LEM I wound up getting for like $100 off retail. It has been real good so far, better than I expected.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have the Lem #32 grinder, it is a replacement for a Cabelas POS.

This Lem 32 grinder will grind as fast and as clean as you can feed it, both first and second grind.

I have two issues however.
The throat is actually to small (2+ imches) for the powder and speed of the grinder. If it had a huge throat it would be even faster, but I'm sure Lem would get sued if it did. Someone would surely stick their hand or arm into a bigger throat....

The other is the Teflon washer at the back of the auger, don't lose it.

Last edited by steve4102; 12/14/15.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steve, what's the deal with the Teflon washer?
Also would tall think the 1 1/2hp with the 32 head is worth the extra money compared to the 1hp with the 22 head?
Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The teflon washer is used as a preload/thrust adjustment for the plates.

Same as on my LEM #12.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
I have the Lem #32 grinder, it is a replacement for a Cabelas POS.

This Lem 32 grinder will grind as fast and as clean as you can feed it, both first and second grind.

I have two issues however.
The throat is actually to small (2+ imches) for the powder and speed of the grinder. If it had a huge throat it would be even faster, but I'm sure Lem would get sued if it did. Someone would surely stick their hand or arm into a bigger throat....

The other is the Teflon washer at the back of the auger, don't lose it.

Mine replaced a Cabela's POS too, but I only have the #12. They sent me a couple washers for free when they upgraded to them from a thinner piece of plastic. They're available for purchase from their website, should you need one. Or a spare.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anybody have a direct comparison between the #22 and the #32 as far as ease of use and size of meat the throat will take.
When I say ease of use I mean having to clean the head due to the silver getting clogged in the head.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
buy the foot control for which ever size you get.it allows you to stop anytime you are not feeding the machine. a real nice feature especially if you use your grinder to stuff. with the grinder running and not being fed it also starts to heat up the plate and knife very quickly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well we ordered the whole kits today. 1 1/2hp #32 grinder, cubed/jerky slicer attachment , foot switch, and bagging kit. Hope it all works like expected. Thanks for all the info.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Enjoy!

Did you include a spare washer with your order?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mine came with a extra washer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fold/cuff your vacuum bags down a bit for all filling. Then you don't get anything on the sealing bits.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, AceBall, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 15 invisible), 1,026 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,922
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.