Print Thread
Hop To
J
JMUPT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
A friend of mine who has his FFL ordered 3 stag model 6 super varminters recently. One for my father, one for himself, and one for another friend. Stag says the triggers are a 2 stage match trigger with a 2lb first stage and a 3.5lb let off. Well all three rifles showed up with triggers that had a let off in excess of 7lbs. Yesterday my friend called stag and explained the issue. The guy on the other end was of no help, and said that they didn't have any triggers to send out and that was that. Call #2 resulted in speaking with someone different, and they said that they have changed vendors and that those are the triggers that are going in the rifles. He asked about them advertising it as a match trigger with a 3.5lb let off and they really didn't have an answer. He told them that this is one of the reasons he purchased them and has sold them in the past. They told him to mail the triggers back and they would send new ones out, but couldn't guarantee them to be what they advertise them to be online. After thinking about it all night my buddy called back today and told them he doesn't feel like he should have to wait to ship the triggers back and then wait for the new ones to arrive, so they agreed to go ahead and send the new ones out first. He once again brought up the fact that they advertise this trigger to be a match trigger and it's no where close to being so. They simply told him that they will just have to change the website then. Just wanted to let anyone thinking about buying one know of the issue that they don't plan on fixing. My brother has one that he purchased 2 years ago and the trigger in it is fantastic.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
That seems unfortunate..let us know how it goes. I still think the stag 6 is the best value out there for a tackdriving AR hands down. I couldn't be more pleased with mine.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a fan of Stag, but this is very disappointing to hear!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I own several different brands of AR's. And I really like my Stags, though I've never ordered one with their Factory "target" trigger.
I just buy them expecting to put in a aftermarket trigger. I will say that all my Stags are more accurate than any Colt AR I've ever owned. And every bit as reliable.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
JMUPT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
No doubt, all four rifle I have seen personally shot really well. It just sucks that they went and changed specs on the trigger and are still advertising the old specs, and don't seem to think that it's an issue.

Last edited by JMUPT; 12/08/15.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JMUPT
No doubt all four rifle I have seen personally shoot really well. It just sucks that they went and changed specs on the trigger and are still advertising the old specs, and don't seem to think that it's an issue.

Agreed! You would think their Customer Service would be better than that.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
JMUPT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Here is the response I got from stag.

"We changed the triggers out due to lack of materials of the original triggers. We unfortunately will not have the original triggers back until mid-2016. You can check back then and we can work something out with you on that, but as of right now we do not have any of the older two stage triggers"

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by JMUPT
Here is the response I got from stag.

"We changed the triggers out due to lack of materials of the original triggers. We unfortunately will not have the original triggers back until mid-2016. You can check back then and we can work something out with you on that, but as of right now we do not have any of the older two stage triggers"

But we want to make sure you are completely happy with our products and service so we will send you a geisele or timney if you would like...thats how you run a business.

J
JMUPT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
That would have been nice if they would have offered that. Funny thing is they never mentioned it to my buudy. They just said it's the same triggers that DPMS is using and they are going to be their triggers moving forward. The guy I emailed said to email him back at the end of March and we will see where they are at.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I would send the uppers back and request my money and shipping back.

NRA Patron
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
A shame they are that far off the mark.

But if its still a 2 stage trigger they are awful easy to tinker with...

For the money and all if it was a good deal, just saying....

and if they sent single stage combat triggers at 7 pounds, I"d send the whole things back and get all my money back and move on to a different brand.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope they get their act together.

Love the 2 lefty stags I have. 1 being the 6L.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I have a model 6 Stag HB stainless. It is 5-6 years old , and trigger is good.
Sad to hear.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang. I guess now my Stag lower is a collectors item? Its for sale for $750.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

181 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 34 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.