Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"Freedom is only one generation away from extinction".

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
"Freedom is only one generation away from extinction".

And with the enemy entrenched in Washington right now, guess which generation the future of the nation of America falls on?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Piss on Virginny.

I intended to move back there after marching in the legions. Thank God I was able to see the freedom and opportunity that Alaska offered instead.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

I'm blaming the lazy-assed GOP voters who stayed home.

This has been and could be a serious problem. There is no moral victory in staying home because the "R" candidate isn't to your liking. Especially, next November.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
As for next? The VA GOP needs to run a damned candidate that resonates.
===========

What would be of significant benefit is if the 3 out of 5 GOP voters who stayed home in 2013 got off their whiney, lazy asses and voted.

Herring won by a very small margin.(160 votes). Blame certain specific cities/regions if it makes everyone feel better.

Exactly. NY is a SHINING example of that too. Maybe 30% of people came out to vote. Cuomo had something like a million less votes and still won.

Of course NY has 6 million gun owners but apparently those dumb ass Yankees couldn't be bothered to vote.

So many stupid [bleep] people.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
As for next? The VA GOP needs to run a damned candidate that resonates.
===========

What would be of significant benefit is if the 3 out of 5 GOP voters who stayed home in 2013 got off their whiney, lazy asses and voted.

Herring won by a very small margin.(160 votes). Blame certain specific cities/regions if it makes everyone feel better.

Obenshein was told that if he would announce in favor of the Sunday hunting push by the 'Legalize Sunday Hunting For All' group[over 5k members] that he would get their support. He wouldn't and it's hard to say how many in that group voted Herring.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
From the article.

People convicted of a felony, domestic abusers, those adjudicated mentally ill or incompetent, recently convicted drunk drivers and dishonorably discharged military personnel are among those determined by the Virginia General Assembly to be ineligible to lawfully conceal handguns.

Is the Drunk Driving clause what he is hanging his hat on?

How many States suspend or deny a Permit to Carry based on a DUI/DWI?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The NRA, RPV and VCDL are all over this right now.

Exploring all options. Bloomberg's puppets have just screwed the pooch.

Yep.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A little update -

The AG's "recommendation" the Virginia State Police and all the audit criteria used by Herring in his faulty analysis is being FOIA'd and will be analyzed closely for lawsuits against both the AG AND the Virginia State Police. Why VSP? Because the AG can only make a recommendation. The Commandant of the VASP is the one who makes the final call, and this jackass has been in command for 12 years (through SIX AGs) and only now thinks that it's right to crawfish on existing reciprocity deals. His goose, is cooked.

-----

http://danaloeschradio.com/virginia-revokes-reciprocity-based-on-faulty-premise

Virginia Revokes Reciprocity Based On Faulty Premise

VA Attorney General Mark Herring is apparently unfamiliar with federal law concerning firearms or purposefully ignoring them (I suspect the latter):

The audit, conducted jointly by the attorney general’s office and the Virginia State Police, found that the requirements to acquire a concealed carry permit in 25 of the 30 states currently recognized by Virginia weren’t strong enough to keep a person from obtaining a permit who would be disqualified under Virginia law.

Those who would be disqualified in Virginia include people convicted of a felony, domestic abuse, or drunk driving. Mentally ill people and those dishonorably discharged from the military are also barred from carrying handguns in Virginia.

These offenses already render one a prohibited possessor federally, meaning they can't legally carry a gun much less seek a permit to do so concealed. It's not like the ATF has it on their site or anything, oh wait, they do (bold my emphasis):

The Gun Control Act (GCA) makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms. 18 USC 922(g). Transfers of firearms to any such prohibited persons are also unlawful. 18 USC 922(d).

These categories include any person:

Under indictment or information in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

who is a fugitive from justice;

who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;

who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;

who is an illegal alien;

who has been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions;

who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;

who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or

who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
(enacted by the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997, Pub. L. No. 104-208, effective September 30, 1996). 18 USC 922(g) and (n).

The Arms Export Control Act (AECA) prohibits the issuance of licenses to persons who have been convicted of:

Section 38 of the AECA, 22 USC 2778;

Section 11 of the Export Administration Act of 1979, 60 USC App. 2410;

Sections 7903, 794, or 798 of Title 18, USC, relating to espionage involving defense or classified information;

Section 16 of the Trading with the Enemy Act, 50 USC App. 16;

Section 30A of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, 15 USC 78dd-1, or section 104 of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, 15 USC 78dd-2;

Chapter 105 of Title 18, USC, relating to sabotage;

Section 4(b) of the Internal Security Act of 1950, 50 USC 783(b), relating to communication of classified information;

Sections 57, 92, 101, 104, 222, 224, 225, or 226 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, 42 USC 2077 2122, 2131, 2234, 2272, 2275, and 2276;

Section 601 of the National Security Act of 1947, 50 USC 421, relating to the protection of the identity of undercover intelligence officers, agents, and other sources;

Section 371 of Title 17, USC, when it involves conspiracy to violate any of the above statutes; and

International Emergency Economic Powers Act, 50 USC 1702 and 1705.

All of the states which allow for concealed carry must meet the above listed requirements because it's federal law. What I've emphasized in bold are the very things Herring has listed. People realize that when applying for a concealed carry license you must undergo a thorough background check, yes? Are there certain restrictions not being reported by the media or listed by Herring's office? Because these are all federal regulations.

I'd also be interested in seeing the number of criminal acts committed by those who have CHL as opposed to those who do not -- states like Texas list them publicly and they account for barely a fraction of crimes committed, with the vast majority carried out by those illegally carrying. Nevertheless, Herring just killed the ability of law-abiding

We need equal carry now.
-------

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Is there a real shot at getting this reversed?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Is there a real shot at getting this reversed?

Perhaps two shots.

One is pressure on the head of VA SP. That will happen, in fact it is already happening. Expect more of it, and perhaps considerable pressure from the GA on him. The head of VA SP actually controls these agreements; the AG only "consults" and "recommends", so the pressure on that jackass will be intense (and the GA may very well move to remove authority over such agreements from the head of VA SP over this).

The other is via lawsuit over whatever comes out of the FOIA demands on Herring's "analysis". If the analysis is flawed (and it is), then it can't be justified as a reasonable and accurate recommendation to VA SP.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
VA SP?
State Police?

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Raeford
VA SP?
State Police?

Yes

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Zrack656
No one recognizes the CHPs from my state. The entire idea of a CHP has never been seriously discussed here. VT recognizes the meaning of the 2nd ammendment.

Hey! We do too. Heck, we even allow you to get a CCP if you want one and it makes you feel better.

I din't lose nutin east of the Mississippi anyway... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, does this mean that I have to open carry when I'm in Virginia?

I'm better when I move.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Do you have a Va. CC permit?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick
So, does this mean that I have to open carry when I'm in Virginia?

Are you a VA resident or FL? If the latter, then yes, after Feb 1, assuming no changes between now and then.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's pretty funny that when I drive to PA I have to go through VA and MD, which are now apparently far worse to deal with than PA.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's pretty funny that when I drive to PA I have to go through VA and MD, which are now apparently far worse to deal with than PA.

I don't see anything remotely [bleep] funny about it. wink
I drive to either S.C. or Tenn or both every month and now I will be breaking their laws apparently. mad

FJB & FJT
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Tyranny is raising its head all across our nation, with an individual elected official taking executive actions, outside of the legislative process.

I'm sick of this chit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...0-a821-11e5-9b92-dea7cd4b1a4d_story.html

RICHMOND — Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D) plans to announce Tuesday that Virginia will no longer recognize concealed carry handgun permits from 25 states that have reciprocity agreements with the commonwealth.

The move also means Virginians with a history of stalking, drug dealing or inpatient mental-health treatment cannot obtain a permit in a state with comparatively lax laws and carry a handgun legally at home.

Herring said severing the out-of-state agreements can prevent people who may be dangerous or irresponsible from carrying a concealed weapon.

“To me, this is a commonsense step that can help make Virginians and our law enforcement officers safer by ensuring that Virginia’s laws on who can and cannot carry a concealed handgun are applied evenly, consistently, and fairly,” he said in a statement provided to The Washington Post.

“Our General Assembly has already identified who can and cannot conceal handguns in Virginia, and we cannot have that decision undermined by recognizing permits from other states with more permissive standards.”

Hopefully, someone who lives in a neighboring state and works in Virginia will file suit and apply the Gay marriage standard to gun rights.

"Hopefully, someone who lives in a neighboring state and works in Virginia will file suit and apply the Gay marriage standard to gun rights."

This is an interesting action!!!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 73 invisible), 2,167 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,784
Posts18,495,971
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.