Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
cool

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Glad that went the right way, even if a couple of the smaller cans got kicked down the road. ........job security perhaps. cool

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
It will be interesting to see if this sets precedent for the KNWR and others.

ANILCA itself accordingly carves out numerous Alaska-specific exceptions to the Park Service’s general authorityover federally managed preservation areas. For example,ANILCA requires the Secretary of the Interior to permit“the exercise of valid commercial fishing rights or privileges” within the National Wildlife Refuge System in Alaska, including the use of “campsites, cabins, motorized vehicles, and aircraft landings directly incident to the exercise of such rights or privileges,” with certain exceptions.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We flew into Twin Lakes in the KNWR for a bear hunt a few years back. I have never felt so harassed while being in a remote area. Shortly after getting camp set up the day we flew in a super cub landed in front of our camp and a federal warden checked all of our licenses and paperwork which was all in order. The next day we came back to camp and found that another fed showed up went through our personal belongings and tent and left his card. Every day we were there (6 days) we had a federal [bleep] fly in and check our license and paperwork. After our 5th check I was irate and not very cooperative. I told them that their actions would have been illegal hunter harassment if they weren't wearing the badge. I also told the last guy that with his attitude he'll eventually meet his match and I was hoping that would come sooner rather than later.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
It will be interesting to see if this sets precedent for the KNWR and others.

ANILCA itself accordingly carves out numerous Alaska-specific exceptions to the Park Service’s general authorityover federally managed preservation areas. For example,ANILCA requires the Secretary of the Interior to permit“the exercise of valid commercial fishing rights or privileges” within the National Wildlife Refuge System in Alaska, including the use of “campsites, cabins, motorized vehicles, and aircraft landings directly incident to the exercise of such rights or privileges,” with certain exceptions.

I believe it does...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Are you referring to Lake Clark National Park?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
We flew into Twin Lakes in the KNWR for a bear hunt a few years back. I have never felt so harassed while being in a remote area. Shortly after getting camp set up the day we flew in a super cub landed in front of our camp and a federal warden checked all of our licenses and paperwork which was all in order. The next day we came back to camp and found that another fed showed up went through our personal belongings and tent and left his card. Every day we were there (6 days) we had a federal [bleep] fly in and check our license and paperwork. After our 5th check I was irate and not very cooperative. I told them that their actions would have been illegal hunter harassment if they weren't wearing the badge. I also told the last guy that with his attitude he'll eventually meet his match and I was hoping that would come sooner rather than later.

That is harassment and there is no way you should have to put up with it. I have shot a few bears in the Twin Lakes area.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I think he probably means the Twin Lakes up by Skilak Glacier.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is what I assumed anyway.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I think he probably means the Twin Lakes up by Skilak Glacier.

Correct.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
That would be the KNWR then!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just read the verdict was unanimous!!! That really, really surprises me!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29 invisible), 1,952 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,352
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.