Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Prayers for Connie, Barak, and Barak's Womn sent again - will "repeat as needed"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers for good healing sent.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Prayer for her and for you and her family.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Barak and Penny, will be sending prayers for your daughter.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Prayer sent.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i have a friend that had the same thing.she lost both legs at the knees .nasty stuff.hope she does well.

Last edited by srwshooter; 12/30/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to see you again Penny. I am sorry to hear about Connie's illness but am happy she is still alive. All of you are so strong and I know you and Barak have faith in the Lord. I am praying for all of you and will say a prayer this afternoon as well. May God look after and bless you all.

Jim

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
will do

Defend the Constitution
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So Connie is in pre-op, and a bunch of us are here at the hospital to wait for her. Only two of us are allowed to be with her, so those honors have gone to Penny and Connie's husband; the rest of us are waiting.

Nobody seems to think there's any real danger of anything untoward happening during surgery, but I'm curious: why would they put her under general anesthetic for an amputation? Wouldn't a local and a tranquilizer or sedative be less dangerous?

Not that I'm afraid she won't come out of the general, but I remember the Demerol from back when I had my appendectomy years and years ago. They did put me under for that, but I'm pretty sure that, hopped up on Demerol, I wouldn't really have cared if they hadn't.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Praying.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Deciding to pray for Connie and her husband and her parents is an easy call.

I pray that the doctors get the best possible outcome for Connie and strength and understanding for her husband and parents.

Steve

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well Barak, how did the surgery go? We are still praying for you all here in Punta Gorda.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Mr. Lee.

Connie's out of surgery. We haven't seen her yet, but should in an hour and a half or so. Everything went pretty much exactly as expected. Prayer works.

The word is that she'll probably go home Monday, and then her stump will heal for two months or so; then she'll get sized for a leg, and start working with it a couple of weeks later--mid-March, say.

The surgeon says the worst thing she can possibly do at this point is fall on the stump: it'll destroy all the careful work he did on it. The particular scenario he's worried about is waking up in the middle of the night and rolling out of bed to walk to the bathroom without remembering the missing leg.

Thanks again for all the prayers.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Praise the Lord Sir, my she heal quickly and as pain free as possible. Our prayers will continue.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We're up in Connie's room. She's alert and in good humor; everything seems to be fine except for some pain in the leg, as well as miscellaneous small discomforts that the nurses say are common to amputation surgery. Her stump is braced to keep it straight and elevated; at the moment she and her husband are busy making eyes at each other.

Things are going as well as could be expected. Thanks again for the prayers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the report. Continued thoughts and prayers from Iowa.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good news Barak, I'm glad things went well for her.

Do they have any idea how long she will have to be on the chemotherapy injections?

Last edited by 12344mag; 12/31/15.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Barak
at the moment she and her husband are busy making eyes at each other.

Now why would those few words get me all misty?

Prayers and good wishes to Connie and her husband.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Great news.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak
Thanks, Mr. Lee.

Connie's out of surgery. We haven't seen her yet, but should in an hour and a half or so. Everything went pretty much exactly as expected. Prayer works.

The word is that she'll probably go home Monday, and then her stump will heal for two months or so; then she'll get sized for a leg, and start working with it a couple of weeks later--mid-March, say.

The surgeon says the worst thing she can possibly do at this point is fall on the stump: it'll destroy all the careful work he did on it. The particular scenario he's worried about is waking up in the middle of the night and rolling out of bed to walk to the bathroom without remembering the missing leg.

Thanks again for all the prayers.

Nancy and I are sending thoughts and prayers as well. May everything go as "right" as possible.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (21, 160user, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 64 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,267
Posts18,525,375
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.