Plate of corned beef hash with 4 sunny side eggs on top
Biscuits and sausage gravy
Squirrel gravy and biscuits
oatmeal with butter and toast
Pork brains and eggs scrambled
BBQ kid goat and tortillas
Chicken fried steak and sunny side up eggs and white gravy
Black tea and toast

Good thing I only eat breakfast about 1 day a week, strong black coffee on the other days
Forgot to add hot cornbread with cream and blackstrap

Last edited by blanket; 12/29/15.
GB4

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
All sounds pretty good-
easy on the pepper
can't do tomatoes, or tomato juice
Have NO idea what livermush is- but sounds disgusting frown
Most all else above included -especially if I can use Danny L's maple syrup - if you haven't tried it - you're missing out smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
My favorite is probably eggs Benedict. My wife and I cook eggs Benedict on Thanksgiving and Christmas morning and a couple other times during the year. I do the HollandIse sauce and the poached eggs and she takes care of the Canadian bacon and the English muffins. We've got our timing down pretty well so everything's ready at about the same time.

On normal weekends, I'll usually cook corned beef hash, a couple of poached eggs and a slice of toast. On my plate I divide the corned beef hash into two piles and put one poached egg on one pile and the other poached egg on the toast. The second pile of corned beef hash is reserved for a little ketchup.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by seal_billy
What is eggs benidict? Heard of it never ate it.
Eggs Benedict is what I get when eating at a cafe or restaurant that serves it. It is a couple of poached runny eggs with a sauce that I don't know how to make on top of canadian bacon on top of english muffins.

My favorite breakfast at home when there is plenty of time, like a (Saturday morning). From scratch homemade biscuits baked not too brown, just enough to be done inside and melt in your mouth. Fried crisp mesquite smoked thick bacon. Fried runny eggs over easy with plenty of jam or preserves, a glass of orange juice and cup of freshly brewed colombian coffee.

But during the week I usually just eat something like a bowl of oatmeal with a piece of whole grain toast.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
The Junction Special - 2 eggs, any style - 2 sausage patties - 2 slices thick bacon - 2 8" pancakes - black strong coffee. Issack's Cafe Junction Tx.

Mike, you ever eat breakfast at the Bluebonnet Cafe ove in Marble Falls ? It used to be pretty damn good, but I have not eat there in the last 3 or 4 years.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Wow!! Eleven pages and note one vote for a Scramble, eggs, onions, potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and probably a couple of other things from the fridge chopped up and thrown in a big cast iron skillet and cooked until they just look right.

A couple of pieces of buttered toasted bread (your choice), some salsa on top of the Scramble and you don't need to eat for the rest of the day. Quick to fix and real staying power.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For more than fifty years I was married to one of the worlds best cooks so I never made any attempt to learn anything at all about cooking so now when I saddle up my camper and head for parts unknown, I make lots of scrambled eggs and spam. But if I spend the night where there is a McDs, I go in usually for sausage and egg muffin or two. Also enjoy their coffee and free WiFi. Once in a while pancakes.

Some of the breakfasts that I have really enjoyed were what we had at our campfire get together last year in Tonto Basin. Looking forward to that again pretty soon.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by poboy
The Junction Special - 2 eggs, any style - 2 sausage patties - 2 slices thick bacon - 2 8" pancakes - black strong coffee. Issack's Cafe Junction Tx.

Mike, you ever eat breakfast at the Bluebonnet Cafe ove in Marble Falls ? It used to be pretty damn good, but I have not eat there in the last 3 or 4 years.

Oh Junktown, Texas. What a place...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Something I enjoy occasionally is a slice of apple pie and a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese-along with a pot of strong black coffee.

Always look forward to slicing a ripe homegrown tomato to go with bacon, eggs and toast.

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by cowdoc
Something I enjoy occasionally is a slice of apple pie and a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese-along with a pot of strong black coffee.

Always look forward to slicing a ripe homegrown tomato to go with bacon, eggs and toast.

Apple pie with rat trap cheddar, yea baby

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All time favorite is one biscuit split with sausage gravy, and 2 eggs over medium on top.

A great alternate is 3 over medium with bacon and American fries browned with onion and pepper. Serve with a side of hot buttered whole wheat toast.

Another goody is hash browns with pepper and onion and topped with sausage gravy. 2 over medium on the side or on top.

When the grandkids show up, we do sausage and very thin pancakes with real maple syrup.

I also do what my wife calls virtuoso oatmeal. Old fashioned oatmeal started a bit thin in boiling water and allowed to thicken as the water cooks off at a low simmer. Add dried fruit of your choice as the oats start to thicken. Serve with toasted english muffins and fruit preserves.

If I'm in a real hurry I simply grab a clif bar, a banana or an orange, and a bottle of water.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Bacon...applewood smoked of course....lots of bacon and
either hashbrowns or a bagel or pancakes...and bacon...
I REALLY like bacon!
I'll swap some sausage for the bacon once in a while if SWMBo is up and craving sausage....

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The first morning stop I make when I arrive at my place in Idaho is the Hoot Owl Cafe. I have had no better breakfast anywhere.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
warm beer and cold pizza

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love breakfast.

Eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns or potatoes of near any sort. Steak fried or grilled, ham, fried chicken....

Eggs Benny, quiche, breakfast cassaroles, mimosas, bloody maries!

Corned beef hash! Oh man...I love corned beef hash with poached eggs!

Kielbasa and fried potatoes with onions!

Any kind of pie! French toast! Waffles, pancakes, cornbread and honey!!!

Biscuits with a thin piece of salty country ham tucked inside and hot black coffee.

Grits!! Oh damn...grits and some runny fried eggs with bacon is so good.

Scrapple! Fried crisp and a drizzle of maple syrup is the chit.

I gotta go to bed just so I can wake up and fix me some breakfast!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Eight scrambled eggs, 1# bacon, 4 biscuits with jelly, and 3 cups coffee!!

That'll bout do!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alright, a couple things I don't like for breakfast:

Seafood. I love it, most all of it, just not for breakfast.

The next is very specific- Liver pudding and buckwheat pancakes.

I was just a little guy visiting grams in PA, and dad asked if I wanted pudding and pancakes for breakfast. Hell ya!

Disappointed wouldn't begin to cover my reaction.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
At home, eggs over easy, crisp bacon and hash browns or better yet, hash brown casserole (with onions and cheese).

Eating out: Pecan pancakes in addition to the above at Cracker Barrel. It's called the Granny Sampler, but it's not on the menu.

Fast food, burrito meal at Mickey D's.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My favorite breakfast is ebelskivers. They are Danish, kind of like a pancake in a ball. Some people fill them with jam or chocolate. I like them plain with some sugar. And cooked very lightly with the middle just a little doughy.

I also love a Macdonald's coke in the morning with a sausage mc griddle. That can't be good for me, thank goodness I don't get it much.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Ralphie
My favorite breakfast is ebelskivers. They are Danish, kind of like a pancake in a ball. Some people fill them with jam or chocolate. I like them plain with some sugar. And cooked very lightly with the middle just a little doughy.

There's a little place in Post Falls ID, I think it's called the European Diner that serves ebelskivers and other Scandinavian delights. Delicious!!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 22250rem, 204guy, 17CalFan, 222ND, 66 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,065
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.