Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
I know an FBI agent who's job involves pretending to be teenagers on internet forums to catch pedophiles in "sting" operations. These agents do this every single day.

Not much of a stretch to think ATF agents can/will do the same type "sting" operations on shooting/gun forums.

well good for you I know an FBI agent that bought a gun off me and came to Pennsylvania to pick it up

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gemby58
I know an FBI agent who's job involves pretending to be teenagers on internet forums to catch pedophiles in "sting" operations. These agents do this every single day.

Not much of a stretch to think ATF agents can/will do the same type "sting" operations on shooting/gun forums.

well good for you I know an FBI agent that bought a gun off me and came to Pennsylvania to pick it up

If you are so convinced that violating federal law, and advising others to do so, is no big deal, post your name and address in this thread…..or are you just talk?

Cancer Sucks
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

If you are so convinced that violating federal law, and advising others to do so, is no big deal, post your name and address in this thread…..or are you just talk?

, Why What are you going to do report me big s***

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

, Why What are you going to do report me big s***

Nope, if I wanted to do that, I already would have.

So, are you all talk??

Cancer Sucks
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yep all talk as you say

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
What would be the reason for me posting my name and address on here for, I don't understand your reasonm.. For what

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Because you are a stud and nobody is going to tell you what to do!

By the way, didn't say I agree with the law, but it is stupid to 1) admit to violating it and 2) advising and encouraging others to violate it, especially on a public forum.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 222Sako
Ok, where's Bricktop? He could clear this up...........or not.

^^^^^^^^^

THIS

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

By the way, didn't say I agree with the law, but it is stupid to 1) admit to violating it and 2) advising and encouraging others to violate it, especially on a public forum.

Did I say 1 or 2. Your delusional

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by haverluk
CFR LINK

§478.30 Out-of-State disposition of firearms by nonlicensees.
No nonlicensee shall transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any other nonlicensee, who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides: Provided, That the provisions of this section:

(a) shall not apply to the transfer, transportation, or delivery of a firearm made to carry out a bequest of a firearm to, or any acquisition by intestate succession of a firearm by, a person who is permitted to acquire or possess a firearm under the laws of the State of his residence; and

(b) shall not apply to the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[T.D. ATF-313, 56 FR 32508, July 17, 1991; 57 FR 1205, Jan. 10, 1992]

It appears to be unacceptable to sell a firearm across state lines between two "nonlicensees".

This is the answer. One can try to use "wiggle-words" or choose to do it in violation of the law but if the deal goes bad the buyer and seller will be facing a felony charge. It hardly seems worth it to me.

Whether one agrees with the law or not is irrelevant - it is the law and if you violate it, either knowingly or unknowingly, you are in trouble.

Coming onto a public forum and stating that one has violated the law and advising others to do it does not seem like something one should be doing either.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Did I say 1 or 2. Your delusional

Does this look familiar?

Just either you drive to his state, or he drive to your state, exchange $$, rifle, shotgun, no pistol, have lunch and chew the fat and be on your way, easy as that

Just curious, why do you say "no pistol"?? It's a federal felony either way.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

LOL
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

I witnessed what I believe to be a sting by the atf in a local gun shop. Three people walked in, two guys and a woman. The guy in the "couple" then picks out a pistol and tells his wife to fill out the paperwork. The shop owner wisely says he has to fill it out with his name or he won't sell it to him. The couple throw a fit but the shop owner won't budge. Once they leave the third guy flashes a badge and thanks him for complying with the law.

Last edited by vabowhntr; 12/31/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just for the record, I don't care if Gemby or anyone else knowingly decides to violate the law, it's those that don't know any better and take stupid advice encouraging them to do so that concern me.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just for the record, I don't care if Gemby or anyone else knowingly decides to violate the law, it's those that don't know any better and take stupid advice encouraging them to do so that concern me.

I disagree with this.

I hope gemby violates the law. And gets caught.

LOL
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[quote=GonHuntin]Just for the record, I don't care if Gemby or anyone else knowingly decides to violate the law, it's those that don't know any better and take stupid advice encouraging them to do so that concern me.

I disagree with this.

I hope gemby violates the law. And gets caught. [/quote

ME TOO Fireball2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When I had my shop a black man with a white woman from the Greenville officer attempted to sting me into selling a pistol... Before I could open my mouth 3 other regular customers stepped up and advised the man that I wasn't his fool and to move along.
3 weeks later her came by and advised me that he worked for there ATF and that I had been on the radar due to an anonymous tip.
I shut my doors that year.
If a unnamed person can call in the thunder on a respected law abiding buisnessances owner for nothing, what's to think they won't eventually trip you up asked hammer you.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Crazy thing is, probably 90% of all current firearm laws violate the 2nd amendment and the fed.gov in my opinion wrongly base their authority on the commerce clause.... but this requirement could actually fall under the commerce clause authority.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
1968 interstate commerce violation.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I stand corrected. Not sure when it changed.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,839
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.