Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't have a huge comparison, but the SWFA scopes I have played with didn't compare to Leupold FXIII or 3s in terms of clarity. It may just be my personal vision though.

On the SWFA, the mil quad reticle is a lot of fun for a target or prairie dog rifle, but I think the reticle is a bit busy and thin for first or last light big game hunting.

I'm all about the FXIII or FX3 6x42 for my serious hunting rifles. I'll likely get more SWFA 6X42s, but doubt I will do much serious hunting with them for the reasons stated.

I don't know squat about tracking, but both scope models have stayed zeroed well for me even in the dreaded WA mounts. I did have one FX3 get knocked off somehow once, but it never happen again, and that was in a set of talley lightweights.

I killed 16 big game animals this last season, and my main rifle wears a FX3 6X42 LRD. No regrets.

GB1

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I've found over the years that you can ask people for advice on a product, but it REALLY helps if you actually go get that item and use it yourself.

I understand that people don't want to spend money for something only to discover they did not like it. But sometimes you simply have to take that chance. Like most things in life it's a calculated risk.

This clears up volumes of speculation and uncertainty.

Yep. Everyone's eyes are different. The point hits home at work every day. I've been selling scopes and firearms now for a year and a half. We sell to many people that have never looked through a scope before and they have no pre-conceived notions. I'll have them look through several brands in the same price range and you never know which one they will pick, though Vortex is chosen less often than Leupold, Nikon, Burris and Bushnell.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I forgot about the bedding block thing! That was a hoot.

FYI - if you are switching from Leupold to SS, you'll want to increase the mass of your bedding block to ensure proper scope creep counteraction, as SS have more Al in them than any of the Leupolds.

Alternatively you can paint on an extra layer of spray-tan so as to reflect less sunlight from your face down to your scope-tube. Or wear sunglasses .

PS - not mirrored sunglasses.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Does anyone here actually have a broken Leupold.... currently?

If so..... why not ship it to a couple other guys here for verification of its phuqedupedness?

Ohhhhhh..... that's right..... you already sent it back for repair..... "Got it back in two weeks".....

I'd like to buy the next "titis-up" or "poor tracking" Leupold that you're getting ready to send back..... just to see WTF.

If you're serious..Yes, I do. youre more than welcome to it. Its been back twice, and is having issues again. 4.5-14LR with a MOA TT.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Shoot me a PM, let me know what you want for it....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny schit! The Crickett Queen took all her marbles and went home,after cypherin' that noone was in the market for Snake Oil. It's never not hilarious to watch the Lying Clueless Fhuqk try. Laughing!

Now Dogshooter thinks that a Reupold that rattles is skookum?!? Is there NO end to the fhuqking Stupidity of you Dumbfhuqks?!? Wow!

Yarded another Reupold 6x42 with M1's offa rifle the other day and poked on a 6x Mildot Fixed Fhuqker which smokes it in all regards,yet sucks compared to the 6x MQ version of same. The erector travel latitude,tracking and even a schit Mildot reticle,trumps any/all things Reupold can/will do to their 6x42 and I've prolly had a few of 'em.(grin)

Sneak Peek.

[Linked Image]

The Reupold 6x42's eye-relief cain't be touched and it remains the most Boomer Friendly container for crosshairs.

I enjoy that someone was giddy about Reupold MK4's in comparison and I've never shot with anyone,that prefers a MK4 over a Fixed Fhuqker. Fact is...there's lotsa Reupolds including MK4's sailing away,never to be seen again. I've got 'em in 6x M3,10x & 16x M1's,3.5-10x M1's,3.5-10x M3's and 4.5-14x M1's offa the top of my head,but am prolly forgetting a few. Just mighta shot a few others too. Only talking 100+ scopes. Hint.

The BABLR suffered a 3.5-10x MK4 M3 for a spell and it's trite erector travel was the bane.

[Linked Image]

Tough to suffer schit like that,with dozens of Fixed Fhuqkers surrounding it to extrapolate in kind. Hint.

Hey wait...is this the 6x42 Reupold that got yanked from above?!? Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Good to "know" that the MQ reticle cain't kill anything and is PETA approved. Laughing!

Never been tough to cypher,who shoots and who don't.

Hint......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Great BLR. I had one painted almost exactly the same, but unfortunately, it went down the road before it was able to wear a 6X SS.

I just whacked two white-tailed does in fading light at over 200 yards with my ineffective, clear as mud, 6x SS.

I don't know how I could ever do that with such an inferior scope.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick, let me help you out there little buddy. It seems that you get so excited when you get to tickle the keyboard your little brain just gets ahead of your stubby meat whackers.
Originally Posted by Big Stick

cypherin' deciphering Now, you could use the contraction 'cipherin', which would work because the two apostrophes show you know the difference between "decipher" and "cipher" which have different meanings. Cipher, means to put into code or more correctly, a secret or disguised way of writing; a code. You know, the way you communicate. How you use your misspelled version of the word, it is clear from your context, that you mean decipher. Decipher means convert (a text written in code, or a coded signal) into normal language. This is what we all do when we read your text. From your context, you mean decipher in its definition as to succeed in understanding, interpreting, or identifying (something). I hope this helps as you are clearly more intelligent than that and I just want to help you look good.

offa Should be "off of". This is a common error made by certain people who type only as they think they hear it.

mighta Should be "might have". Similar to "offa" above; however, you are actually hearing the spoken contraction might've for the words "might have".

Reupold It's Leupold. I don't assign this error to you specifically because it's entirely possible you've only bought Leupold scopes from Japanese retailers and distributors. At times those people mispronounce their "Ls" as "Rs". I would think by now you would have seen others writing it as Leupold. I speculate because of your superior intellect, about which you inform us all constantly, you just assumed everybody else spelled it wrong. This will help you out, read the writing on both the scope and the box in which it came and you will see that it is spelled with an "L" and not an "R".

cain't I'm assuming you have just heard it mispronounced by others around you your whole life. Trust me, it is "can't".

cypher See "cypherin'" above. It is decipher, in the context in which you use it.

I hope this helps my friend. I know you make a concerted effort to let everybody on the forum know that you are much smarter than are they (we). I will continue to try to help in whatever way I can toward that end.

Now please, intentionally misspell my username, accuse me of whining and talk about my opposite gender genitalia. That always makes me laugh. Have a great day my friend.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 01/06/16. Reason: I corrected a (my own) spelling error.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I enjoy that someone was giddy about Reupold MK4's in comparison and I've never shot with anyone,that prefers a MK4 over a Fixed Fhuqker. Fact is...there's lotsa Reupolds including MK4's sailing away,never to be seen again. I've got 'em in 6x M3,10x & 16x M1's,3.5-10x M1's,3.5-10x M3's and 4.5-14x M1's offa the top of my head,but am prolly forgetting a few. Just mighta shot a few others too. Only talking 100+ scopes. Hint.

Lil Fish,

Have you got any used 4.5-14X50mm of the side focus variety that you want to swap for a 6X Super Chicken. Willing to trade straight across, used Leupold for NIB 6X super Chicken with reticle of your choice.

Love and kisses laugh laugh
John

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

If so..... why not ship it to a couple other guys here for verification of its phuqedupedness?

Ohhhhhh..... that's right..... you already sent it back for repair..... "Got it back in two weeks".....

I'd like to buy the next "titis-up" or "poor tracking" Leupold that you're getting ready to send back..... just to see WTF.

[Linked Image]

My most recent one- Leupold did fix it- How the he!! does the whole windage turret fall completely off when unscrewing the cap??

This was a VX3

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dennisinaz,

That happened with a new Burris Signature 8-32X with me.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
I think some already said that the warranty thing is nice if you're having failures where you can afford to send the scope back and wait.

My few failures occurred at places like Kodiak Island, where the postal service was 50 miles way...

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I think some already said that the warranty thing is nice if you're having failures where you can afford to send the scope back and wait.

My few failures occurred at places like Kodiak Island, where the postal service was 50 miles way...

That fact escapes many who have blind love for products with "great warranties" .....Why folks brag about defective products and premature breakage is beyond me...

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
SS (aka super chicken ...lol) have lifetime manf. Defect warranty FOR the original owner... Non transferable.

So if you don't sell it you have some recourse if it breaks...

Leupold is the same, but it's transferable... So they have great resale value.

At least stick agreed the optical eye box is better on Leupold.... Someone will have to translate the rest of what he said. smile

the plus delta so far...

Fixed power scopes
Weight Leupold is lighter..
Cost - SS is cheaper
Tracking - SS takes it here
Warranty - Same if you are the original owner
Resale - Leupold
Glass quality - probably Leupold .. At least in the eye box

Variable power scopes -
Weight - Leupold
Cost - pretty much the same
Tracking - SS seems to be ahead
Warranty - Same if you are the original owner
Resale - Leupold
Glass quality - Not sure, Leupold probably

Reticles... Well still checking.. However this is personal preference, and use based value...

I used to think seeing super chicken's on 22's meant a mental disorder... But now I realize the lower resale would mean rotating scopes.
One still has to wonder WTH do spinners provide on a 22... HINT... (Had to say it, Couldn't help it)....

For my purposes a fixed spinner doesn't make good sense..
I'm still gonna try a SS at some point, but frankly I can put a bushy elite 4200 variable on a pdog gun cheaper than a Super chicken variable and get tracking and great glass...

So if fixed isn't your game, SS might not be the best deal.

BTW - we now have a "Dogshooter" member.. .. Not me..

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

[Linked Image]

My most recent one- Leupold did fix it- How the he!! does the whole windage turret fall completely off when unscrewing the cap??

This was a VX3

Seen that. Elevation turret on a friends 1.5-5X after a couple hundred 375 rounds.

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/06/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
SS (aka super chicken ...lol) have lifetime manf. Defect warranty FOR the original owner... Non transferable.

Got this from the owners manual of one of my SS scopes , under "warranty":

"The SS rifle scope line is backed by a very simple lifetime warranty: if your SS rifle scope
ever becomes damaged or defective, under normal use, we will repair or replace it.
That’s all there is to it! No registration card or proof of purchase needed. It doesn’t
even matter if you are the first or tenth owner, you can be confident your purchase is
backed by the same great service and guarantee as the day it left the factory.
The SS warranty does not cover loss, theft or intentional damage."

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Got this from the owners manual of one of my SS scopes , under "warranty":

"The SS rifle scope line is backed by a very simple lifetime warranty: if your SS rifle scope
ever becomes damaged or defective, under normal use, we will repair or replace it.
That’s all there is to it! No registration card or proof of purchase needed. It doesn’t
even matter if you are the first or tenth owner, you can be confident your purchase is
backed by the same great service and guarantee as the day it left the factory.
The SS warranty does not cover loss, theft or intentional damage."

So, in other words, don't pound in your tent stakes with it. That sounds like a fool-proof warranty to me. One less for Leupold dominance.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

One still has to wonder WTH do spinners provide on a 22... HINT... (Had to say it, Couldn't help it)....

They provide the ability to put your bullet on target regardless of range or wind.

I don't like to brag as I am considerably more modest than most people, but this rimfire has probably killed more in one month, that most will in two decades.

[Linked Image]

Good luck using holdover and Kentucky windage to replicate this on the slaughter fields.

[Linked Image]

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by sbhooper

So, in other words, don't pound in your tent stakes with it. That sounds like a fool-proof warranty to me. One less for Leupold dominance.

Their warranty is excellent.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Where happened to their stripes?

Ass shots count half.

Defend the Constitution
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (2500HD, 1badf350, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222ND, 222Sako, 219DW, 68 invisible), 2,985 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,682
Posts18,534,322
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.