Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
There was a group of "transient Reenactors" who followed one particular coordinator around for years. They became like the old John Ford Stock company of actors. But on a smaller scale.

These were the guys who got lots of face time in the flicks as they were always available. They were mostly all unemployed until a production started up. So they had lots of time on their hands. The going joke with some were they just changed their hats to fit the time period. smile

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Many movies and TV series are shot in Louisiana every year due to tax breaks that the state gives to production company's. This has been a contentious topic in the state the last few years and many have been reduced.
My wife usually works on average a couple days a week as a background actor on TV and movie sets. She really enjoys it and she makes a little extra green so it's a good thing.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks for the summary,about what i suspected from the trailers. More PC crap an attempt to make a hero out of a deserter and thief think i will pass on on this.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Don't know the history, but is about jones county, ms.

Quick google

After surviving the 1862 Battle of Corinth during the Civil War, Newton Knight, a poor farmer from Mississippi, leads a group of small farmers and local slaves in an armed rebellion against the Confederacy in Jones County. Knight subsequently marries former slave, Rachel. He establishes a mixed-race community, unique to the post-war South

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And don't forget, he appears to have been an adulterer too.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Saw a bit about this.. Crow, thanks for the history..

Molon Labe
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Haven't gone to see a movie in ... well can't remember when actually. Morning after our wedding while waiting to fly out to AK in 95 likely.

Damn sure won't see this kind of PC crap. And McConaughey on top of it... ugh...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rost495
Haven't gone to see a movie in ... well can't remember when actually.
Damn sure won't see this kind of PC crap.

About wraps it up for me too.

Not gonna pay money to watch a bunch of......well, nevermind.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pashooter
Thanks for the summary,about what i suspected from the trailers. More PC crap an attempt to make a hero out of a deserter and thief think i will pass on on this.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Don't know the history, but is about jones county, ms.

Quick google

After surviving the 1862 Battle of Corinth during the Civil War, Newton Knight, a poor farmer from Mississippi, leads a group of small farmers and local slaves in an armed rebellion against the Confederacy in Jones County. Knight subsequently marries former slave, Rachel. He establishes a mixed-race community, unique to the post-war South

Sounds like Knight did not cotton to slavery.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by rost495
Haven't gone to see a movie in ... well can't remember when actually.
Damn sure won't see this kind of PC crap.

About wraps it up for me too.

Not gonna pay money to watch a bunch of......well, nevermind.
You can't tell "experts" like Birdie anything. Jones was a deserter, thief, adulterer and bigamist. He is being portrayed as pro-union. There is no doubt that he was anti-Confederate but his own relatives, IIRC, have said he'd probably have resisted similar moves had the Union made them-which may be halfway commendable. He was mainly a renegade out for himself though and not some Union-lover standing up boldly for the Stars and Stripes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
probably just another narcissist.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A PC film aimed at making my ancestors look bad, I'll pass.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'll probably see it, but watching Matthew McConaughey is right on par with fingernails on a chalkboard.

Agree......

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
as supporter of, and a son of the Confederacy, I can hardly be thrilled about the problems caused by a mixed race, anti South group of nutters in Mississippi. As I have said before, we had enough problems with the damn blue bellies. A pox on 'em all, and on all of their decendents.

I'll vote for that!

Turned on the history channel a while back concerning their program on the War of Northern Aggression and the first comment made was..."This war was fought over slavery!"

Turned to another channel and won't be watching the so-called History Channel again!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
as supporter of, and a son of the Confederacy, I can hardly be thrilled about the problems caused by a mixed race, anti South group of nutters in Mississippi. As I have said before, we had enough problems with the damn blue bellies. A pox on 'em all, and on all of their decendents.

I'll vote for that!

Turned on the history channel a while back concerning their program on the War of Northern Aggression and the first comment made was..."This war was fought over slavery!"

Turned to another channel and won't be watching the so-called History Channel again!!

Got news for you.

Regardless of what the politicians say, the Civil war WAS over slavery, and the Gulf War WAS over access to oil.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Regardless of what the politicians say, the Civil war WAS over slavery, and the Gulf War WAS over access to oil.

Then how come the Chinese got all the Iraqi oil?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
All of the state legislatures statements and resolutions seceding from the Union specifically mention slavery.

I will take these men at their word, the war was about slavery.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
All Lincoln had to do was let the South go peacefully, but no he had to impose his values on others. Wonder what would happen if the E.U. decided to force England to remain and accept the flood of immigrants. Nope that war was about the Federal Government telling a group of people we know what is best for you and you will do as we say. Seems like we are pretty close to the same situation today.
Originally Posted by BMT
All of the state legislatures statements and resolutions seceding from the Union specifically mention slavery.

BMT

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BMT

BMT

Explain these:
VA
http://www.csawardept.com/documents/secession/VA/
NC
http://www.csawardept.com/documents/secession/NC/index.html
TN
http://www.csawardept.com/documents/secession/TN/index.html
AR
http://www.csawardept.com/documents/secession/AR/index.html

The four states that left after Lincoln called up troops for the invasion of the deep south.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
antelope sniper
Got news for you.

no, and no. What a maroon.

Sam......

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (01Foreman400, 35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 801 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,392
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.