Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
If it were me a state would say that a person can take X number of deer per year. Wouldn't matter if you decided to punch your tag in March or December. Who gives a [bleep] when you want to take a deer.

Scott, that's what I like about South Gerogia's season. You can kill 10 does whenever you want. I think it's two bucks with one having at least four points on one side.

Don't necessarily agree with the four pt restriction.

Some form of antler restriction was the best thing that ever happened here... it keeps all the bubbas from killing the 1-2 year old bucks and has increased our overall population and our buck population here probably 10 fold, plus allowing folks that were ignorant, to see what can happen if you allow the deer to get a few years of age on them before you harvest them.

Prior to that we had many does never bred, just never having fawns and not contributing to the herd at all...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
If it were me a state would say that a person can take X number of deer per year. Wouldn't matter if you decided to punch your tag in March or December. Who gives a [bleep] when you want to take a deer.

Scott, that's what I like about South Gerogia's season. You can kill 10 does whenever you want. I think it's two bucks with one having at least four points on one side.

Don't necessarily agree with the four pt restriction.

Some form of antler restriction was the best thing that ever happened here... it keeps all the bubbas from killing the 1-2 year old bucks and has increased our overall population and our buck population here probably 10 fold, plus allowing folks that were ignorant, to see what can happen if you allow the deer to get a few years of age on them before you harvest them.

Prior to that we had many does never bred, just never having fawns and not contributing to the herd at all...

brown downers..........
big problem everywhere

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 222ND, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,533
Posts18,530,989
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.