Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
As far as I know, Glock no longer offers night sights from the factory; strictly aftermarket.

This pistol is begging for the Big Dot Tritium sight

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockchucker
what I like best about my 43, is it shoots like a big gun and hides like a little gun

This^^^

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My little girl just bought a new Glock 43.

It has a front only red night sight, factory installed.

She is also trading up from her Glock 42.

Virgil B.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Daveh
Originally Posted by rockchucker
what I like best about my 43, is it shoots like a big gun and hides like a little gun

This^^^

2nd this smile

I am surprised at how well I can hit steel plates past 40y with mine.

I honestly forget it is on me many times and the mags can be carried in Leatherman belt sheaths.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Like this...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by alukban; 01/17/16.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sneaky bastid. Good on you.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by 4ager
As far as I know, Glock no longer offers night sights from the factory; strictly aftermarket.

This pistol is begging for the Big Dot Tritium sight

That's what I have on mine. Done a couple of other upgrades as well. Love it!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by clark98ut; 01/18/16.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I now have one coming in with the Talo front night sight.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My Dad has the 43 and loves it. I went the Shield route, and don't regret my decision. I like the extra round the Shield offers over the 43, and the Shield just feels and points better in my hands. YMMV.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'd rather carry one of the tiny 380s but I'm carrying the G43 right now because its small enough, nice to shoot and 100% reliable with all the various types of ammo I've run through it.

For reference I've owned a Colt Mustang 380 and currently have a Ruger LCP 380, Kahr CW380, Sig P938 9mm. Also, I've carried the G42 and G43 at the same time and could feel no difference which is why I went with the G43.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I now have one coming in with the Talo front night sight.

I don't understand the benefit of this. If you can't see the rear wights in the dark, where do you put the front Talo sight? Maybe it works for some people but as for me, I'd rather have the standard issue sights, and if I wanted night sights I'd get them aftermarket for front and rear.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Quick closer range shot you only need to see the front dot and fire. You will not be off target. I can't imagine trying to align front and rear when drawing on someone close and shooting fast. I am not talking about a 25 yard head shot here. When I practiced in a dark room I either had the front sight visible and in alignment with rear U shaped notch OR I did not see the front sight because it was blocked by one side of the rear sight. With a little more practice the front sight was where it was supposed to be for a close range shot. Seems like a good way to learn point and shoot. I don't know crap about handguns and probably should not have commented anyway! HA! blush

Hoping someone will comment that does this stuff for a living...

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Quick closer range shot you only need to see the front dot and fire. You will not be off target. I can't imagine trying to align front and rear when drawing on someone close and shooting fast. I am not talking about a 25 yard head shot here. When I practiced in a dark room I either had the front sight visible and in alignment with rear U shaped notch OR I did not see the front sight because it was blocked by one side of the rear sight. With a little more practice the front sight was where it was supposed to be for a close range shot. Seems like a good way to learn point and shoot. I don't know crap about handguns and probably should not have commented anyway! HA! blush

Hoping someone will comment that does this stuff for a living...

Seems like it would be a good idea to practice point and shoot in the darkness with a front TALO sight.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like to see the rear sight within my sight picture, just prefer it doesn't compete too strongly against the front. A slightly subdued rear having a wide U-notch keeping the right angles along the information line seems to work well for me.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In tritium I like the dot over dot sights like the Warren Tactical two dot. The rear dot isn't outlined with colored paint and is smaller than the front. The rear smaller dot is subdued and gives a yellowish tinted dot. The front is outlined with white paint which makes it fast to pick up in normal daylight. The tritium dot is larger than the rear and glows strong green. Ignoring dots allows a precision shot with a clean sight picture. I have a set on my M&P 9Pro 5" and a Glock G20 SF 10mm.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bought a G43 as a backup to replace my S&W 642 that I carry on duty with my G17, and to replace my G26 for off duty carry. I tried to like it and I just couldn't get there.

I shoot my G17 a lot and like how the G26 has the same grip circumference and distance to the trigger. The G43 caused me to have to use a different part of my finger to keep from pushing shots left. So, rather than learning the G43, I just went back to carrying the G26 as a BUG and as an EDC.

Keep your eye on the fruit........
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigChief870
I bought a G43 as a backup to replace my S&W 642 that I carry on duty with my G17, and to replace my G26 for off duty carry. I tried to like it and I just couldn't get there.

I shoot my G17 a lot and like how the G26 has the same grip circumference and distance to the trigger. The G43 caused me to have to use a different part of my finger to keep from pushing shots left. So, rather than learning the G43, I just went back to carrying the G26 as a BUG and as an EDC.

In light of your reasoning, I can't see any way you hare-lipped yourself.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Bad guys come out during the night and they usually bring their friends. I see the 43/26 series as a 3-10 yard gun. Its nice to think that they won't get that close, but it'll happen fast with hands full of groceries or maybe keys getting into your car. Focus on the front sight and hit the trigger. Your probably not going to have the time to line up all three illuminated dots. So a dull/blackouted out rear sight will work fine.

Besides its what all the cool kids are carrying now days.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by BigChief870

In light of your reasoning, I can't see any way you hare-lipped yourself.

A buddy got a free carry gun out of it!

Keep your eye on the fruit........
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,424
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.