Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess maybe the question is whether Trump is ignorant of the facts and speaking without looking into it (bad practice for a command in chief), or knows the facts and is intentionally slandering his opponent.

Hmm. Ignorant or liar?

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/01/...oldman-sachs-loan-is-worse-than-hillary/

Trump: Let’s face it, Ted Cruz trying to hide his Goldman Sachs loan is worse than Hillary

What a strange soundbite for a Republican frontrunner, suggesting that his famously crooked would-be Democratic opponent has more integrity than the most conservative candidate in the race. Gosh, I don’t think even Mitch McConnell would say that. Not publicly, anyway.

This is a smear, by the way. He’s seizing on the revelation last week that Cruz never disclosed a margin loan from Goldman Sachs, where his wife works, during his first Senate run. That’s true, sort of — he never disclosed it to the FEC, which Cruz blamed on a “filing error.” But it’s not true that he never disclosed the loan publicly. Phil Kerpen dug up this form from Cruz’s filing with the Secretary of the Senate before the runoff with David Dewhurst in 2012.

Ted Cruz's primary runoff against Dewhurst was July 31, 2012. He publicly disclosed the margin loan July 9, 2012. pic.twitter.com/8yyV4zxrV9

— Phil Kerpen (@kerpen) January 14, 2016

The Goldman Sachs loan was noted by the media no later than June 2013, in a story by Roll Call. Trump wants you to believe that Cruz deliberately tried to withhold information about it from the public, but if that were true then obviously he would have omitted it from the Senate filing as well. It’s a smear. And the cherry on top, as you’re about to see, is Trump going out of his way to suggest that Cruz played dumb about the FEC filing the same way he supposedly played dumb about his Canadian dual citizenship. The first time I watched this, in fact, I thought Trump was suggesting that Cruz screwed up the filing because he’s a Canadian and doesn’t know American law. He couldn’t have meant that. Could he?

Picture of the document showing Cruz disclosed the loan is here:

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/687461435522285568/photo/1

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Poor Cruz, Doncha feel sorry for the guy?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
His wife worked for Goldman Sachs?,…and he borrowed money from them?

day-um!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
And, he hasn't properly, fully disclosed either.

There's more to come on these loans.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is the same trump who supported TARP and all the bank bailouts.

But hey obama was years in the making also. It's not like the democrats haven't ran as republicans before.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Trump is like Billy Clinton
He means it at the time
So it cannot be a lie (grin)

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cruz is worse than Hillary

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=65&v=_NtpbWK5Kdg[/video]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I never met anyone who wore cowboy boots with a suit who wasn't a douche.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
$500k @1.25% interest?

Tell me where I apply for this type of loan.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trump built his little empire on borrowed money. Should the status quo persist and he be elected, he'll be prepared to run a country on credit.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I never met anyone who wore cowboy boots with a suit who wasn't a douche.

Yea, like that guy on Dallas.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by kingston
Trump built his little empire on borrowed money. Should the status quo persist and he be elected, he'll be prepared to run a country on credit.

The official national debt is closing in on 19 trillion dollars. At this point there's only one way "not" to run the country on credit.

Eliminate everything the government spends money on.

,…ain't gonna happen.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
And what are the interest rates on the second Citi loan and the GS loan?

A little confusion there.

And wasn't citi the "go-to" for sweetheart loans to democrats?

Seems TC was payin attention.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The Cruz should quickly fare well in the FEC Complaint filed by some lying, liberal Texans.
--------

FEC complaint filed against Ted Cruz for undisclosed loans in 2012 Senate campaign

Todd J. Gillman
January 20, 2016
Dallas Morning News

WASHINGTON – The left-leaning group Texans for Public Justice filed a complaint Tuesday alleging that Ted Cruz purposely hid more than $1 million in loans from major banks during his 2012 Senate campaign.

The allegations mirror details uncovered last week by The New York Times, which found that Cruz had failed to report loans from Goldman Sachs and Citibank to the Federal Election Commission, as required under federal campaign law.

“It is a big deal,” said Craig McDonald of Texans for Public Justice. “He left the voters of Texas in the dark as to who was underwriting this campaign.”

“Cruz is railing against the big banks and Wall Street, and yet he hid the fact that CitiBank and Goldman were actually providing him the money to run the campaign,” he said.

The FEC confirmed Wednesday afternoon that it had received the complaint. The commission has five days to evaluate it and decide whether it was filed properly and has merit. Cruz has already asked the FEC for guidance in how to properly amend campaign reports going back to 2012.

His defense has been that while he neglected to disclose the loans on campaign reports, he did report them on personal financial disclosure forms on file with the U.S. Senate, as required of candidates and senators.

Rick Tyler, a Cruz spokesman, emphasized that the loans were taken against Cruz family assets, and that under federal campaign law, the Cruzes can never recoup the money, effectively making it an out-of-pocket expense.

In total, Cruz put $1.2 million in personal funds toward the 2012 Senate race, some of which was borrowed. “No donor paid off his loans,” Tyler said.

And the amount that Cruz put into the campaign from personal funds was disclosed to the FEC in a timely manner, Tyler said; the error came from omitting the fact that some of those personal funds started as loans.

“This is not a serious violation,” he said.

A personal financial disclosure form that Cruz filed with the Senate on July 12, 2012 – three weeks before the runoff with Dewhurst – shows a margin loan from Goldman Sachs valued at $100,000 to $250,000, carrying 3 percent interest. It also shows two Citibank loans, totaling $500,000 to $1 million. None of these is described as a loan to the Senate campaign.

Separately, under assets, Cruz listed a loan he made to his Senate campaign worth $500,000 to $1 million.

Put together, this suggests that Cruz took out loans which he then shifted into his campaign in the form of a loan. But this is not how the loans were described on his Senate campaign filings with the FEC.

Cruz has repeatedly tried to brush off the omission as inadvertent and insignificant. The night the Times story broke, he told reporters at a rally in Dorchester, S.C., that “we had a brokerage account that has a standard margin loan like any brokerage account has and we borrowed against the stocks and assets that we had under ordinary terms. Those loans have been disclosed over and over and over again on multiple filings…. All of the information has been public and transparent for many years and that’s the end of that.”

The next night at the GOP debate in North Charleston, he called the Times report a “stunning hit piece.”

“Just about every lobbyist, just about all of the establishment opposed me in the Senate race in Texas, and my opponent in that race [Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst] was worth over $200 million. He put a $25 million check up from his own pocket to fund that campaign.” So, Cruz said, he and his wife Heidi “took a loan against our assets to invest it in that campaign to defend ourselves against those attacks. And the entire New York Times attack is that I disclosed that loan on one filing with the United States Senate, that was a public filing. But it was not on a second filing with FDIC and yes, I made a paperwork error.”

The Senate filing makes no indication that loan proceeds went into the Senate campaign.

McDonald called Cruz hypocritical for casting the Senate race in David vs. Goliath terms – that he and his wife had sacrificed so much to run against the wealthy Dewhurst – given the true source of the funds.

“This was the antithesis of transparency on his part. It’s hard for us to believe that this was inadvertent,” he said.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So the media made it public.
He then reports before the runoff but after the primary election.
Now his spokesperson says nothing was wrong with that.
So all the above makes it alright to call Trump a lyer on this issue.
Hmmmm

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Hmmmm

Why are you even in this discussion?

I thought your two candidates were having their own pizzing matches?

One of them is sure 'nuff a liar. And worse. shocked

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Hmmmm

Why are you even in this discussion?

I thought your two candidates were having their own pizzing matches?

One of them is sure 'nuff a liar. And worse. shocked

Just keep to the issue here that your man is riding a muddy white horse for no telling how long.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I say New York values suck. My wife works for Goldman Sachs.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just throwing crap against the wall,to see what sticks.

If this was such a bad deal you can bet that Dewhurst would have doubled down.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I Thought The Pundits here said Trump was going to drop out of the race last month???

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 204guy, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.