Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
So, did Trump lie, per the OP's accusation?
Of course Trump lied. He's lied all the way through his campaign. It's what lieberals do and the easily beguiled crave.

This makes three perfect storms in three campaign cycles. There will not be a fourth because it will be over.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Who cares it's all campaign rhetoric.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by curdog4570
With Cruz clearly needing an Iowa win to salvage his campaign, .... .

Trumpkins are the only ones claiming that.

===========

Hardly. He's down by strong double digits in the primaries following thereafter. If he loses the first 3, he's done.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

Monmouth

Trump 36,
Cruz 17,
Rubio 11,
Carson 8,
Bush 5,
Christie 3,
Kasich 3,
Fiorina 1,
Paul 2,
Huckabee 3,
Santorum 1

Trump +19

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

===========

Hardly. He's down by strong double digits in the primaries following thereafter. If he loses the first 3, he's done.

Do you define "losing" as not coming in first among a large field?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Yes, and combined with not coming in at least 2nd in any of the NH and SC primaries.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Further, if Trump wins the first 3, the momentum will be virtually impossible to overcome thereafter.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Yes, and combined with not coming in at least 2nd in any of the NH and SC primaries.

Are you saying [first time I've used the phrase grin ] that to have a chance at the nomination, Cruz must come in first in Iowa, and no worse than second in the next two?

If a candidate swept all three of those states, how many delegates would he have?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're not following along with the entire global dynamic and I don't have the time now to go into detail.

Hit you up later.

William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
You people don't seriously think that Hitlery and captain insaneo Sanders aren't going to be trumpeting this from every lib media outlet? Wait till they start accusing him of child molestation and the sinking of the Maine..

Sure they will. Do you think they're gonna let the multitude of Trump's (real) lies stand without question?

That's my point - they all lie and spread half truth's so why get so worked up about it (not you) just in general.. Politicians never change.. Truth will out!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
His wife worked for Goldman Sachs?,…and he borrowed money from them?

day-um!

I am fully convinced that NOTHING, anyone says takes hold if the individual who is listening doesn't want it to be so.

For the millionth time, Cruz borrowed money on the margins of HIS OWN PERSONAL ACCOUNT AND NOT AN UNSECURED LOAN FROM G/S. Now if there is "more to come" then that's a whole different issue, but as the facts stands now, what Trump is saying is not accurate.

Trump, with his "bible is my favorite book" bullshit, the Ethanol PANDERING and now this, is clearly behaving like any other politician running for office. He is trying to deliver the knock out punch to Cruz in Iowa (I contend Cruz must win there or he is toast), and Trump's just taking the Machiavellian approach.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm a Cruz supporter and I too believe this. Bob is spot on.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That's what I said. Cruz is in debt to Goldman Sachs,… and his wife worked for them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's what I said. Cruz is in debt to Goldman Sachs,… and his wife worked for them.

No that is not what you said. What you say above might be true or not, but stating Cruz borrowed an unsecured loan from G/S is a bold faced lie. He borrowed from his OWN PORTFOLIO. Not to get nasty, but do you have a notion as to what the difference is?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I didn't say unsecured,..you did.

But it just blows me away that someone who is attempting to portray himself as "non-establishment" has family ties to Goldman Sachs and has used them to help finance his campaign.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And he paid it back. That was before he ever held his first elected office. I screwed up and bought a Chevrolet for my wife thirty years ago and financed it with GM. I don't owe them squat.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't say unsecured,..you did.

But it just blows me away that someone who is attempting to portray himself as "non-establishment" has family ties to Goldman Sachs and has used them to help finance his campaign.

You could at least be honest enough to say "a" campaign.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
And he paid it back.

How do you know?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?cid=N00033085&cycle=2014

It appears that Goldman Sachs is still giving him money.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Along with many other lending institutions.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,365
Posts18,488,160
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.