Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Best Light yet. Crawl out of a grain bin in August and them phugkkers go down like water!

laugh

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by HawkI

Do I need to drink it with a [bleep] doyly and a candle, or does one guzzle from a moped?

And here I thought Schmitt's Gay was an urban legend, along with Danny Terrio and the glass table.....

No. You can start drinking it by taking your boyrfiend's cock outta yo mouth.

It's some of the best beer in the world, you phugkin moron. You're just too phucgking stupid to know that. They've been making it for about 500 years, ya know.

BTW, I'm in FL. We got palm trees here and sunshine. Maybe if you crawled out from under your seed brain rock, you'd know that.

You ever wanna come down and take a ride on my moped, you come see me. I'll PM you my address. Ckunts like you are the problem on this board any more. Come see me [bleep] and we'll see who the [bleep] is, you punkass phugk.

lol

Party on!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by HawkI

Do I need to drink it with a [bleep] doyly and a candle, or does one guzzle from a moped?

And here I thought Schmitt's Gay was an urban legend, along with Danny Terrio and the glass table.....

No. You can start drinking it by taking your boyrfiend's cock outta yo mouth.

It's some of the best beer in the world, you phugkin moron. You're just too phucgking stupid to know that. They've been making it for about 500 years, ya know.

BTW, I'm in FL. We got palm trees here and sunshine. Maybe if you crawled out from under your seed brain rock, you'd know that.

You ever wanna come down and take a ride on my moped, you come see me. I'll PM you my address. Ckunts like you are the problem on this board any more. Come see me [bleep] and we'll see who the [bleep] is, you punkass phugk.

lol

Party on!!

No [bleep].

Never phugg with a guy who takes pictures of his candles with the best beer in the world as a foreground....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like lots of different beers but find the IPA craze a bit odd. Many are so hoppy it just leaves a bitter finish. The Growler Guys just opened here recently and I'm a fan. You can sample somewhere around 30 different micro-brews and pick one to fill. I just got a Stone Brewing 24 Carrot ale that is a great one for kicking back after dinner. They will sneek up on you though.
Two others I really liked were St. Augustine from Selkirk Abbey here in Post Falls,Id. and the All American Amber from Mad Bomber Brewing, also local. The Mad Bomber guys are great, veterans, and a sense of humor. They brew right in front of you and if you are into home brew they'll talk your ear off. They have a great summer blonde called Booby Trap Blonde that's probably my fav for when it's hot out.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Best Light yet. Crawl out of a grain bin in August and them phugkkers go down like water!

laugh

Crawl out of a grain bin in August and anything goes down good! smile

lightman
IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nate, that sounds like some really good stuff.. Plan a trip to Idaho.. Mad Bomber is also in Post Falls???

My wife is into dark brews.. I like them, but IPA's are my favorites.. Domestic stuff has little taste for me, my favorite's are Bent Nail and Big Two Hearted Ale.. I really prefer all my beer to be draft.. So seldom have one at home.. The Sweetgrass is good stuff... The local favorite here seems to be Pako's IPA..
Not my very favorite, but all I can get with dinner..

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Sam,

Big Sky Brewing in Missoula makes a similar "IPA Lite" called Pygmy Owl Itty Bitty IPA. It doesn't taste as good as a real kick-ass IPA like Tumbleweed, but is kinder if you drink more than 2-3....

JB, the local Albertson's had that one in last month. It's okay but I liked the Slow Ride better.

The Big Sky IPA with the uber pronghorn label is a fave in summer. That one lets a guy know the next day however. You could be sweatin' bullets.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
So that's why Dave reeks...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mad Bomber is in Hayden. Mad Bomber Brewery Crafted Tap House
is in CDA, Growler Guys is just off I95. There are some others but I don't have the time to get around to them all. I really liked the St. Stephan at Selkirk, just didn't have it bottled.
Selkirk Abbey

Last edited by BigNate; 01/25/16.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
[quote=keystoneben]

PS...please tell your friend Sam that a true B&T is made with Bass Ale no matter what some monkey in Spokane tells him....

This ^^^^^ and it's no damn good if they're mixed together....gotta be Guinness on top and a Bass chaser. I ordered a B & T at a place in Ottawa once and after I got through the Guinness I thought WTF???? Called the waitress over...seems they made their "Black and Tan" with Guinness and a hard cider...fuggin' gross!

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by MadMooner
IPA's are definitely a bit of an acquired taste. Many today are hopped very heavily.

Lately I've been enjoying more balanced pales.

We're in the golden age of beer, that's for sure. The downside is, everybody's a brewer now and there's a lot of schit in artsy craftsy labels with cool names out there with the good stuff. A lot of them go over the top with the hops in the IPA's that's for sure....a lot like drinking Listerine (the old kind, before they sissified it.)

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love me some good IPA. Some of them seem to have a little too much bite from the hops. It needs to be strong,but balanced. Some just lean too far to the hops. I've been liking this as of late.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/689/30502/

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've only recently learned to appreciate the really hoppy ones.
A couple of Bell's Two Hearted I had up in MN was my gateway...
It finally just clicked. Can't get Bells here, but have gotten real fond of Lagunitas when craving something hoppy.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by BigNate
I like lots of different beers but find the IPA craze a bit odd. Many are so hoppy it just leaves a bitter finish.

I just got a Stone Brewing 24 Carrot ale that is a great one for kicking back after dinner. They will sneek up on you though.

That's a bit ironic, as Stone's Arrogant Bastard was probably the beer that started the American IPA craze. For awhile it was all about who could max the IBU's. I think we've come past that phase, and flavor has returned as the goal of brewing.

We're seeing a revival of the neighborhood/community taproom, and really small brewing operations. Some will make it and some won't but I'll do my part to support them.

Support your local brewer.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
IPA's pretty much SUK!

FJB & FJT
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, 406_SBC, 14 invisible), 4,158 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,808
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.