Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I get a wakeup call early this morning from my Mom, who lives about 100 yards away, screaming that "They're in the garage trying to kill Rosco!" Rosco being her pansy half Husky/ half Collie. I only had a pair of pajama pants on, but slipped on a pair of shoes and grabbed my evil deathgun (AR15), and took off through a foot of snow to her house. I heard them in the garage, and fired off 3 rounds just outside to try and scare them off. Didn't work. I went inside, and they had him pinned between the car and the wall. They saw me, and started to come at me, so I shot the 1st one. The other took off out the door. I shot 3 times at him, but that sumbitch was picking them up and laying them down. Good news is that the 1st one won't be a problem again, but I sure do wish I had got that 2nd one...........

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give yourself a pat on the back, you just did what alot of guys would of liked to do themselves, ever since my mom was mauled by one, I hate pitbulls.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How did roscoe make out? We're they neighborhood dogs that have been a problem?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Problem is the owner of ANY dog/animal like that letting them run loose. I'm sure they will be "devastated" that little Spot was killed and it will be all your fault.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 21
Problem is the owner of ANY dog/animal like that letting them run loose.

Bingo!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Roscoe is sore, and scared, but I think his nappy mutant hair protected him from the worst of it. And yes, we have been having problems with them for over a year, progressively getting worse. This was the 1st chance I've had to resolve the problem.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wish that you had gotten that second one as well.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I am all for putting down pits, good job.

Flame me if you want, but SSS doesn't mean Say Stuff on the Screen.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I wish that you had gotten that second one as well.

Keep an eye out for fliers for a "LOST DOG"...you can then return the dead one & collect the cash reward if one is offered.
Maybe see if you can't have the other one legally taken care of...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Make damn sure there is a police report. Make sure the remaining dog is noted in that report as aggressive. Make sure the report indicates you acted in self defense. That buys you the right to shoot first and ask questions later.

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good job Hawk, glad your Ar was a 15 and not a 10, that'd tear up Mommas garage a bit. grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am one of those that thinks any dog raised right is not a menace. The damn owners should be shot IMO as well. Hope the pup (Moms) came out alright.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Deputies here were trying to serve a warrant yesterday and had to shoot a pit as well. Guy turned it loose on them, first one here in recent memory. I am sure some kid will complain they killed his "puppy". The dog weighed north of 80 pounds!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by T LEE
Deputies here were trying to serve a warrant yesterday and had to shoot a pit as well. Guy turned it loose on them, first one here in recent memory. I am sure some kid will complain they killed his "puppy". The dog weighed north of 80 pounds!

That's an 80 lb flying chainsaw where I come from T, and yes, shoot it!

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I called the law, and had them go with me to the neighbor's house to tell them. I won't shoot any dog, even a Pit Bull, and not tell the owner. I've had dogs disappear, and always wondered what happened to them. I won't do that to someone else if I know who's it is. If I get a chance at that other one, I'll let them know about that one, too.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I did put a couple of holes in it, but she's not complaining...... Good thing those .224 holes are easy to cover up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mink
I am one of those that thinks any dog raised right is not a menace. The damn owners should be shot IMO as well. Hope the pup (Moms) came out alright.
Sorry, but the pit bull breed has a touch of schizophrenia. They've been known to snap for reasons totally unknown and attack anyone and everyone. Even highly trained ones have turned killer without reason and many people have paid the price, even their owners. I won't allow one on my property.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I did put a couple of holes in it, but she's not complaining...... Good thing those .224 holes are easy to cover up.

laugh fo sho

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
... had to shoot a pit as well. Guy turned it loose on them,

I sure hope he got a new charge for turning the dog on them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

One of our neighbors said they hadn't seen their cat in a couple weeks. After tap dancing all over the GTO for most of that 2 weeks in my garage, I couldn't hardly tell them the last time I saw their cat, he was headed toward a dumpster...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

335 members (10ring1, 160user, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 2,036 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,712
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.