Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I've not had issue with a Leupold scope to date. I've used lots of them and still use a couple few.

I simply do not believe they improved the new line and dropped the price by limiting options. They might be the best ever or the worst but come on upgraded the product and reduced the price...?

GB1

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Leupold scope threads always deliver the goods around here don't they? They are always entertaining. I bet Leupy shakes their heads in amazement, wondering how they generate $100M annually by being a bunch of dumbasses.

Don't put me in the hater category. Leupold is about all I use and will buy more.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I've not had issue with a Leupold scope to date. I've used lots of them and still use a couple few.

I simply do not believe they improved the new line and dropped the price by limiting options. They might be the best ever or the worst but come on upgraded the product and reduced the price...?

Well, Swarovksi did the same thing a couple of years ago when the re-imaged the SLC HD. It got different armoring, and cheaper by a couple hundred $$$$, and remains one of the finest hunting binoculars on the planet. Funny how nobody questioned that move, probably because it had Swarovksi and a silver hawk on it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I like Leupold. No reason to change.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Kaleb

Well, Swarovksi did the same thing a couple of years ago when the re-imaged the SLC HD. It got different armoring, and cheaper by a couple hundred $$$$, and remains one of the finest hunting binoculars on the planet. Funny how nobody questioned that move, probably because it had Swarovksi and a silver hawk on it.

Funny how people get so butt hurt about a scope. I don't care what brand it is I don't see anyone making upgrades and lowering costs. I like Leupold and Swarovski both but don't care what others think of them

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have a bunch of leupold scopes myself sure I will buy more

Tater
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I'm a Leupold whore so I figured what the heck, I got a new T3 Superlite .300 Win from Cabelas that needs a scope so I just ordered a VX3i 3.5-10x40 from Midway, I do like the looks of the new power ring and for $399 shipped I think they will be an outstanding value.........Hb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
They got the flux capacitor to run on garbage instead of 1.21 gigawatts

Yep, that's the word I got.

I really don't need a scope. Yet, I have been thinking about buying one, 3.5-10X40 CDS just for fun.
Wondering? Has anyone seen one of their scope (Leupold) with 'windplex'
If so, what are your thought.

Thanks

Sorry about the hijack..

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

I really don't need a scope. Yet, I have been thinking about buying one, 3.5-10X40 CDS just for fun.

Thanks

Sorry about the hijack..

I have a 2-7X33 with the "Windplex", and I really haven't decided whether I like it or a plain duplex better.

I can see where it would help holding into the wind, you would have definite reference points instead of guessing or taking time to twist another turret.

It's not so prominent as displayed in their advertisements, so the target is not obscured excessively so.

I'll say I don't dislike it and I'm going to keep an open mind while I adapt to it. If I end up not liking it, I'll just have it changed....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Another polished turd from leupOLD.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
What was wrong wit the VX3, that Leupold thought they needed to discontinue them????

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Thanks

Sorry about the hijack..

I have a 2-7X33 with the "Windplex", and I really haven't decided whether I like it or a plain duplex better.

I can see where it would help holding into the wind, you would have definite reference points instead of guessing or taking time to twist another turret.

It's not so prominent as displayed in their advertisements, so the target is not obscured excessively so.

I'll say I don't dislike it and I'm going to keep an open mind while I adapt to it. If I end up not liking it, I'll just have it changed....

Thanks Vic

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
What was wrong wit the VX3, that Leupold thought they needed to discontinue them????

[Linked Image]

Loose dial screw? What puked and what was replaced? Same old "replaced erector assembly" story?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore

[Linked Image]

Loose dial screw? What puked and what was replaced? Same old "replaced erector assembly" story?

Looks like a mount issue to me. Did you figure out the problem?

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I'm wondering the same thing...... smile

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Wow! Those are some beautiful Mulies Raider......Congrats!........Hb

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
[quote=bsa1917hunter]What was wrong wit the VX3, that Leupold thought they needed to discontinue them????

Nothing at all wrong with the VX3 scopes, just like there was nothing wrong with the Vari-X III and the Vari-X 3 ....Im glad they improve them every now and then especially if they lower the price too, it seems odd to me that someones feelings can get hurt over a company improving a product and lowering the price at the same time.....Wow!...........Hb

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
How are some deer on a wall correlated with the quality of a scope? I killed a 200"+ mulie with a $60 tasco, so I guess that means tasco are awesome.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
How are some deer on a wall correlated with the quality of a scope? I killed a 200"+ mulie with a $60 tasco, so I guess that means tasco are awesome.
LMAO!!...........now that is funny chit!.......Hb

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

I guess that Tasco was awesome, once... laugh

Picture?

Deer, not Tasco... cry

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 01/24/16.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (14idaho, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 16penny, 21 invisible), 1,419 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,655
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.