D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by deere2320
[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]
I really like mine it does great with 110 Hornady VMax these are 5 shot groups.

deere2320, that's a heckuva good shooting AR. What's your parts list look like, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks

It's Aero Precision M4E1 upper Aero Precision lower Aero handguard 13" White Oak Armament 18" fluted barrel SLR sentry 7 adjustable gas block WMD bolt carrier LWRC enhanced bolt TIMNEY 3lb skeletonized trigger spikes tactical buffer and buffer tube Tubbs flat wire spring Magpul Ctr stock and grip Troy industry abi quick detach Battle arm's safety and takedown pins Atlas bipod Seekins bolt release and mag releas Leupold mark AR 3x9 fire dot with Aero Precision mount.

Last edited by deere2320; 12/07/15.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
With the help, direction and encouragement of AH64 guy I built me a 6.8SPC, it is growing on me for some reason. I seem to hunt with it over the 5.56 now. Killed a doe with it using the 85 grain TSX bullets. I cannot put my finger on why I like this cartridge more. In my sample of one it seems to more effective than the supersonic 110 grain Vor-TX bullet from the 300 BO.

[Linked Image]

You've got too many AR's...........you need to send me some to take care of for you. wink

MM

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
a true redneck deer hunter down here knows you have to shoot 3-4 of the little does to make a meal. grin I just swap them in and out, not that many at all. smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deere2320
I really like mine it does great with 110 Hornady VMax these are 5 shot groups.

deere2320, that's a heckuva good shooting AR. What's your parts list look like, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks

Nice. Is the barrel threaded for a can? Can't really tell from the pics. How are liking that Firedot. My bud has a couple on his .308 and .300BLK Ar's and loves them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
How are liking that Firedot. My bud has a couple on his .308 and .300BLK Ar's and loves them.

I have a couple too, and really like them. I know some disagree, but for me they are everything I'm looking for in a moderately priced scope. Generous eye relief, clear glass, light weight, and mil/mil (that works and seems to track correctly in my experience).

One thought on the Firedot TMR vs the Mil-Dot reticle (in the Mark AR series) - the Firedot is really fast to aquire when speed counts, but gives up a little precision, because of the thickness of the dot and crosshairs. It obscures about 1 moa. The Mil-Dot reticle has finer wires and is better for precision.

I like both though, and just bought another 3-9x mil dot this weekend.

Last edited by Yondering; 12/08/15.
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Nice. Is the barrel threaded for a can? Can't really tell from the pics. How are liking that Firedot. My bud has a couple on his .308 and .300BLK Ar's and loves them.[/quote]

Yes the barrel is threaded it has a thread protector on in now. I love the Leupold fire dot you can use it or turn it off then it is a normal scope I feel it gives you the best of both worlds I had Leupold make custom dial for the barrel length and bullet I would be shooting it works great.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Aero Precision has a mid-length (and carbine length) monolithic upper (COP) but the midlength is out of stock and won't be on the shelf again until a new production run. Hoping the snag a mid length this spring.

How was/are the holes on your AERO??? All good? I have heard a few things...

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Aero Precision has a mid-length (and carbine length) monolithic upper (COP) but the midlength is out of stock and won't be on the shelf again until a new production run. Hoping the snag a mid length this spring.

How was/are the holes on your AERO??? All good? I have heard a few things...

I have built several AR's using their uppers and lowers and was always happy with fit and finish. You should take a look at the M4E1 upper and handguard they fit super tight and when used together they have a continues rail with zero dead space a 13" handguard only weights around 8oz.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
With the help, direction and encouragement of AH64 guy I built me a 6.8SPC, it is growing on me for some reason. I seem to hunt with it over the 5.56 now. Killed a doe with it using the 85 grain TSX bullets. I cannot put my finger on why I like this cartridge more. In my sample of one it seems to more effective than the supersonic 110 grain Vor-TX bullet from the 300 BO.

[Linked Image]

It should be more effective. If you handload both to apx the same pressure the 6.8 should be 200fps faster than the 300. Seems most of the guys in the hog eradication business in Texas are using the 6.8.

Ones post count on a forum has no correlation to level of knowledge on a particular subject.

eng-tips
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I picked up some AA2200 and used it for the first time. 30 grains with 100 Accubonds at 2.95 COL. Accuracy wasn't great but they clocked at 2750 fps from a 16" barrel with my Magnetospeed. I'll have to play around more and work down a little.

Scott
IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Tt

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I ran 35 rounds of the factory Hornady 120 SSTs from my new 18" ARP over the PC last Friday and they averaged in the 2590s. I was very impressed with those speeds. With the .400 BC, that makes that combo pretty useful. Accuracy was right at 1" for 3 and 4 round groups, so plenty good enough. Still have 3 boxes left from that lot, so intend to try it on some critters soon. Bought a pile of components as well, so looking fwd to seeing what she'll do.

Got a little worried after the extractor broke on the 2nd round! Popped a new one in and it ran like a top w/ 3oc ejection, so seems to be gassed correctly.

With the speed of the 120s, I'm betting the 95TTSXs are going to be salty.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Congratulations sounds like it's shooting good!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Sorry for the extra late reply. Psa had it for $9.99 for about a month then moved it to $12.99, then back to $9.99, now it's back to $12.99 again.

Good place for wealth of info and look under ammo for people posting up good ammo prices!
http://68forums.com/forums/

Last edited by FishingHunter; 01/15/16.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What barrel twist are you guys using?

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by kwg020
What barrel twist are you guys using?

kwg

Most are 11-11.25 twist. We just had a few hundred made with 10 twist 3R that should help accuracy when shooting the 130-140gr Bergers.

"I threw a touchdown pass in the last minute to win the state championship game. I know it was 30 years ago and not relevant to this discussion but it makes me important and believable, it's the only great thing I even accomplished"
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Yes 1-11

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm thinking about putting another 6.8 upper together. I had one with an ARP barrel that was only so-so. But I'm still half thinking of using another ARP because the price and profiles are right and nearly all I see are positive reports on them.

Jimmyp, are you a little disappointed with your Wilson Combat barrel accuracy wise?

deere2320, you WOA shoots well, how do you like the weight and balance? Their SPR profile is heavier than the ARP scout or socom and a 100$ more, but I know they make good barrels.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
I'm thinking about putting another 6.8 upper together. I had one with an ARP barrel that was only so-so. But I'm still half thinking of using another ARP because the price and profiles are right and nearly all I see are positive reports on them.

Jimmyp, are you a little disappointed with your Wilson Combat barrel accuracy wise?

deere2320, you WOA shoots well, how do you like the weight and balance? Their SPR profile is heavier than the ARP scout or socom and a 100$ more, but I know they make good barrels.

I love the balance and weight that Gun with scope and mount weights only 7lbs 6oz. I have built 2 more just like it for other guys once they handled it.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I need a new scale cause my SPR weighed 9 lbs.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.