Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
ya just gotta love folks that don't even give the owners a notice.....

I'd do some killing myself, but it might not be all 4 legged ones...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have to admit my wife and I have had at least one discussion advocating the use of e-collars for child rearing but acknowledged the "legality" of it would be difficult to defend! Now on the other hand, some of these dog owners.....

Love coursing dogs. Never owned any, just didn't live any place where they would be practical but your example above of running children causing instant albeit potentially deadly prey drive hits it hard on the head. I wouldn't be surprised if many of these dog attacks, including deaths, start out as just that scenario, like wolves going on "surplus killing" spree in a flock of sheep.

The bigger point here is that most if not all breeds of dogs are capable of mayhem, including death. Singling out certain breeds, yet discounting others just leaves innocents vulnerable to a lot of pain and suffering. Just like guns, dogs are, one way or another, only as legitimate as their owners/breeders.

Last edited by SBTCO; 01/25/16.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Miles, your ignorance proceeds you, and ya might want to back off your pathetic threats of "happily euthanize apologists and rationalists for pit as the dogs themselves.", just makes you look like a dumb a$$ blow hard.

As to your comment above, are we to assume pitbulls were only bred to kill problem children and their kittens?

I don't need someone who is so fugking ignorant they can't figure out the difference between precedes and proceeds to tell me [bleep]. Apologist ass wipes like you are just one more part of the problem and you need to either get involved in killing off the POS pits in the world or fixing them. IT'S THE FUGKING BREED STUPID... THERE'S NOT A PIT. IN THE COUNTRY THAT OUGHT TO BE TRUSTED AROUND CHILDREN WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION THAT'S READ TO KILL THAT JOB ON A MOMENT'S NOTICE, AND WILLING TO KEEP THE MEANS TO ACCOMPLISH THAT AT HAND. Every other week some sweet wouldn't hurt anything pit turns into a killer. I don't care if the damn dog kills it's owner or his kid(s). That is nobody's definition of a companion animal.

I've run field trial bird dogs for a long tme. Spare me the ignorant gibberish about prey drive. I've seen a lot of them that are so extreme in their prey drive they are completely atypical of their breeds and incomprehensible to most hunters as bird dogs.

The world has well more than enough ignorant ass wipes to go around and won't miss any that get euthanized with the same bottle of sodium pentabarb used on their pits. I for one am convinced we would all be better off if they and their dogs no longer drew breath.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MILES58

Miles, your ignorance proceeds you, and ya might want to back off your pathetic threats of "happily euthanize apologists and rationalists for pit as the dogs themselves.", just makes you look like a dumb a$$ blow hard.

As to your comment above, are we to assume pitbulls were only bred to kill problem children and their kittens?

I don't need someone who is so fugking ignorant they can't figure out the difference between precedes and proceeds to tell me [bleep]. Apologist ass wipes like you are just one more part of the problem and you need to either get involved in killing off the POS pits in the world or fixing them. IT'S THE FUGKING BREED STUPID... THERE'S NOT A PIT. IN THE COUNTRY THAT OUGHT TO BE TRUSTED AROUND CHILDREN WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION THAT'S READ TO KILL THAT JOB ON A MOMENT'S NOTICE, AND WILLING TO KEEP THE MEANS TO ACCOMPLISH THAT AT HAND. Every other week some sweet wouldn't hurt anything pit turns into a killer. I don't care if the damn dog kills it's owner or his kid(s). That is nobody's definition of a companion animal.

I've run field trial bird dogs for a long tme. Spare me the ignorant gibberish about prey drive. I've seen a lot of them that are so extreme in their prey drive they are completely atypical of their breeds and incomprehensible to most hunters as bird dogs.

The world has well more than enough ignorant ass wipes to go around and won't miss any that get euthanized with the same bottle of sodium pentabarb used on their pits. I for one am convinced we would all be better off if they and their dogs no longer drew breath.

You really need to deal with these anger issues, Miles.

However, (speiling and grameer aside) if you reread my posts you will find in no way I have apologized for pitbulls or their owners. I would have done the same thing as the OP if faced with a similar scenario and have myself put a slug in the skull of a dog that was not raised properly and had a serious pack leader complex that got out of hand.

Any idiot, knows that pit bulls have the potential of being killers and they've proven as much many times. Of course there are those owners and their children who have been saved by their pit bulls from attacks by both 2 and 4 legged creatures and would send lead your way if you tried put their dog down. The same can be said of many other breeds. Check out the link: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-merritt-clifton-2013.pdf Pits are obviously at the top of the list, but there are a lot of other breeds that maim and kill. Even you beloved English Setter put its mark on the list for at least one maiming.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People who want to equate the relationship between firearms and their owners with dogs and their owners lose sight of the fact that no firearm has ever harmed anyone of its own volition.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 5sdad
People who want to equate the relationship between firearms and their owners with dogs and their owners lose sight of the fact that no firearm has ever harmed anyone of its own volition.
But people with firearms have. The banners don't so much want to eliminate firearms, as they do people having them, unless you're a cop or a soldier, or a liberal's bodyguard.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad

PS, you ever try eating them "lizards"?

Nope, leave em for the buzzards! Now a wild hog now and then that ain't too big..... smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Shotgun next time

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by acooper1983
If the dog was attacking, then you did nothing wrong, but theres a lot of you guys that don't understand the breed , I've got 2 of them sitting right next to me, they're not dogs for inexperienced owners, and thats why there is problems with them. about 5% of the owners that have them should have them, they're stubborn, powerful, intelligent breed, but you can't train them like some sissy ass lab or a bird dog. Given the right training, and a knowledgeable individual they are fantastic dogs, my training would be called border line animal abuse, but my dogs mind, and know who the boss is, all it takes is a look and they are running to their corners.

Yep, til you're at work and they tear into your wife's arm for no reason.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to admit my wife and I have had at least one discussion advocating the use of e-collars for child rearing but acknowledged the "legality" of it would be difficult to defend! Now on the other hand, some of these dog owners.....

Love coursing dogs. Never owned any, just didn't live any place where they would be practical but your example above of running children causing instant albeit potentially deadly prey drive hits it hard on the head. I wouldn't be surprised if many of these dog attacks, including deaths, start out as just that scenario, like wolves going on "surplus killing" spree in a flock of sheep.

The bigger point here is that most if not all breeds of dogs are capable of mayhem, including death. Singling out certain breeds, yet discounting others just leaves innocents vulnerable to a lot of pain and suffering. Just like guns, dogs are, one way or another, only as legitimate as their owners/breeders.

Not sure if you've been around a Pitt in "berserk" mode. Send a few of them as catch dogs in action while chasing hogs with dogs. Not much will deflect a Pitt with blood in his eyes. I've seen them bite off 2" thick tree branches in their attempt to get at a hog. 5 minutes later they are meek & mild. Too much Jekyll & Hyde for me to trust them.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Apologies if my analogy was a little too loose for your liking. But I will have you know I am as staunch a believer in the 2nd amend. as anyone and a quick search on these forums of my comments on the subject bear this out.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You really need to deal with these anger issues, Miles.

However, (speiling and grameer aside) if you reread my posts you will find in no way I have apologized for pitbulls or their owners. I would have done the same thing as the OP if faced with a similar scenario and have myself put a slug in the skull of a dog that was not raised properly and had a serious pack leader complex that got out of hand.

Any idiot, knows that pit bulls have the potential of being killers and they've proven as much many times. Of course there are those owners and their children who have been saved by their pit bulls from attacks by both 2 and 4 legged creatures and would send lead your way if you tried put their dog down. The same can be said of many other breeds. Check out the link: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-merritt-clifton-2013.pdf Pits are obviously at the top of the list, but there are a lot of other breeds that maim and kill. Even you beloved English Setter put its mark on the list for at least one maiming.

There's a huge difference between a dog that goes bang and pops someone and then backs out which is far and away what goes on in most cases with most breeds. The dogs that go into berserk mode at don't back away after bang have no place on earth. Neither do the ass wipe apologists for them. Tying to equate a bit with going into kill mode is rationalization at it's worst. You can go to a field trail and walk through a string of setters chained to a truck. I doubt if even you would be stupid enough to try that with a string of pits.

It's not a matter of courage or steadfastness. The damn dogs just go into kill mode without regard to what it is they're killing or if there is any reason to do so. I have seen many many instances of bird dogs willing to kill themselves to do what they're bred to do. Nor is it a matter of intelligence since a pit doesn't bother to figure out what it's killing or if there's a threat requiring that response, that's just another rationalization by their ass wipe defender/apologists. Neither a matter of defense of home/property, go ask a chessie some time if you can have something of his. You will likely get bang, but he isn't going to kill you once he's convinced you it's not yours.

In short, there's no place for a dog that cannot be trusted. Just like there's no place for ass wipes who think they're good for something.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't trust the way pits are wired. If they were a car, they'd be under recall.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Tracks
My lab is a pet. I defend her.
Potential burglars see a Pitbull, or Doberman, or German Shepherd, staring back at them from the front window and they usually start looking elsewhere. So while you're not home, the image of the kind of dog you have has its deterrence effect all by itself, without your dog ever actually having to do anything. Not so with most other breeds. Who's going to protect your lab when you're not home and someone breaks in because they don't respect a lab?

Potential burglars see a pit, rottie, or doberman looking through the window, and the burglar wraps a jacket around his left arm, then picks up a 2 foot piece of 1 1/4 inch steel pipe with his right hand. The altercation is over in less than 2 seconds with very little noise.

As told by a convicted burglar to a neighborhood watch group. Not a pleasant thought, just the way it is.

The ones he did not like were the yappy little ankle biters which hide under the bed and raise holy hell.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pitbulls were bred for fighting, which they do very well, and most, not all, owners of pitbulls are idiots with low self esteem. I bet the owners of the dogs in this thread are drug riddled idiots.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by acooper1983
If the dog was attacking, then you did nothing wrong, but theres a lot of you guys that don't understand the breed , I've got 2 of them sitting right next to me, they're not dogs for inexperienced owners, and thats why there is problems with them. about 5% of the owners that have them should have them, they're stubborn, powerful, intelligent breed, but you can't train them like some sissy ass lab or a bird dog. Given the right training, and a knowledgeable individual they are fantastic dogs, my training would be called border line animal abuse, but my dogs mind, and know who the boss is, all it takes is a look and they are running to their corners.

Fused grenades rolling around on your deck, Mister.
GOOD dogs do not require that kind of treatment,....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Potential burglars see a Pitbull, or Doberman, or German Shepherd, staring back at them from the front window and they usually start looking elsewhere. So while you're not home, the image of the kind of dog you have has its deterrence effect all by itself, without your dog ever actually having to do anything. Not so with most other breeds. Who's going to protect your lab when you're not home and someone breaks in because they don't respect a lab?

Potential burglars see a pit, rottie, or doberman looking through the window, and the burglar wraps a jacket around his left arm, then picks up a 2 foot piece of 1 1/4 inch steel pipe with his right hand. The altercation is over in less than 2 seconds with very little noise.

That's an old Mossad trick. Hawkeye should know better.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Tracks
My lab is a pet. I defend her.

As told by a convicted burglar to a neighborhood watch group. Not a pleasant thought, just the way it is.

The ones he did not like were the yappy little ankle biters which hide under the bed and raise holy hell.
Not according to burglars themselves. Studies have been conducted where convicted burglars in prison are asked to rank dogs according to breed that would cause them to skip a house over. Pitbulls rate at the top. Dobermans aren't far behind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SBTCO,

However, (speiling and grameer aside) if you reread my posts you will find in no way I have apologized for pitbulls or their owners.

You need to check out the word apologist. I don't think that word means what you think it does.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (257 mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,811 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,356
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.