Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
it's not the medias fault when dumbasses come across as dumbasses.

these guys did NOTHING for us, and most likely have done more harm than good. just think, tiny communities now can justify swat teams.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by NH K9
Who cheered? Some simply choose not to "choose sides" until the facts are known.

If this "movement" means (meant) so much to you........where were you? It's easy to talk (type) from the sidelines.

I believe you brought up the FFs earlier in this thread/topic. What percentage of our ancestors actually nutted up and DID something? 1/3rd.....probably less.

Each of "us" has our line in the sand. You've talked enough that it appears this reached your litmus test. So.....where were you?

Your comparison aside.....these folks don't reach FF status in my world.

George

I did go out there to Burns, but I didn't join because it wasn't my hill. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked to see some good mileage come of it. Conservatives really need to get smart and stop bickering amongst themselves.

Or, recognize fools being played as pawns for what they are and avoid the mess.

This bunch wasn't and isn't any kind of "hero" and all they've done is make the .gov position stronger while damaging the positions of people who actually have and had a stake in changing things.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They stood against oppressive govt, there was plenty of mileage to be gained. Just needed the right PR, which of course is impossible with the media. That's why they media needs to be the first to go, before anyone else.

fb2,

Perhaps they would have been better off if they had "stood" somewhere else.

Maybe on the contested land of the "Hammonds" ranch?

But then again, no cozy buildings with internet access there I guess.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by toad
it's not the medias fault when dumbasses come across as dumbasses.

these guys did NOTHING for us, and most likely have done more harm than good. just think, tiny communities now can justify swat teams.

Yeah buddy,

Militarize Barney! grin

Geno

PS, sarcasm font off now.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad

fb2,

Perhaps they would have been better off if they had "stood" somewhere else.

Maybe on the contested land of the "Hammonds" ranch?

But then again, no cozy buildings with internet access there I guess.

Geno

You know, I'm beginning to think there is no way to satisfy a conservative.

LOL
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Why? You just said it wasn't your hill....why should anyone else choose it?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I didn't choose it as my hill to die on, doesn't mean it doesn't have value if presented to the world in the right light.

Argue argue argue biotch biotch biotch.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I didn't choose it as my hill to die on, doesn't mean it doesn't have value if presented to the world in the right light.

Wrong people, wrong message, wrong place, wrong time.

The ONLY party that benefited was .gov, and the Bundys were played like fools to do exactly that.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

Yep. about it. The guv ONLY understands power.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager

The ONLY party that benefited was .gov, and the Bundys were played like fools to do exactly that.

No worries, they murdered one and the rest will go to prison so all is well in America.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No worries, they murdered one and the rest will go to prison so all is well in America.

You continue to miss the points about who benefits, who loses, and why, not to mention how it happened.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I don't consider debate for clarification arguing and I know damn well I haven't biotched about and of it.

Social Media is powerful enough that if their stance/agenda should have "spoke" for itself. It didn't, apparently, or folks would have rallied.

I'll be honest.....I know next to nothing in regards to grazing rights and don't anticipate digging into that lesson anytime soon. I know that the group in question isn't one I'd go out if my way for. Time will tell in regards to the shooting/arrest. If the facts point to the shoot being justified, these people have done more harm than good for the rest of "us".

The reports from folks " there" show a rift in opinions...... I'm not sure why those of us on the other side of the US should be intervening based on what's presented.

ETA: You're awful quick to jump to "murder"..... What info do you have that the rest of us don't.

Last edited by NH K9; 01/27/16.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
not to mention how it happened.

I'm all ears.

*You know what, I'm not.

Conservatives will deserve what they get. I'm done.

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/27/16.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not to mention how it happened.

I'm all ears.

You know my supposition and it's a Hell of a lot more plausible than any of the rest, especially when one of the "leaders" was conveniently in Phoenix when all this went down and "turned himself in".

The Bundys were played like fools by an agent provocateur to sabotage the Hammond case(s) and discredit Constitutionalists. Packing the bunch with druggies, felons, those kicked out of the military, and the like only made the entire job of discrediting those two parties all the easier.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So, an armed protester walks into a Federal building...

There's no punchline.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

fb2,

No real need to die on that hill. One could take a stand of support on the bottom of the "hill" and risk a peaceful (read unarmed) arrest.

You were there in Burns. You seem to be a supporter of the occupiers' cause. May I ask, other than driving over to Burns, what did you do to show your support?

I'm not sure the cause under examination deserves dying for. Perhaps you don't either?

I don't believe in their cause, so there was no way for them to please this "conservative" (if that's what I truly am. Perhaps more of an "Independent" if one must have a label). In my eyes, they, by force of arms, took over United States Government property and assumed the associated risks of doing so. Had they done so in an unarmed (yes, I agree they have the right to bear arms, perhaps not called for in this instance though) manner of peaceful civil disobedience, they may have garnered more respect from folks unfamiliar with their issue. Or perhaps they could have gained more "notoriety" for their cause had they made a stand, burned some .gov buildings, and gone out in a blaze of glory. Either way, one could argue, might have been a presentation to the world in a "better light".

Wait, perhaps I am pleased, as the situation at hand seems to have been resolved (for the time being?) with a minimum of bloodshed on either side. I'm not sure, once this all got started, that we could have asked for a better outcome. No one actually expected the Federal gov to turn over those lands, did they?

Fireball2,

I'm really glad you didn't make it your hill, now you get to continue "discussions" here on our little piece of America.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Real interesting news articles out "No details being released". Of course not...
They'd have to tell about murdering people. Routine traffic stop.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe some good will come of this.

Maybe the BLM and DOJ will start a campaign to collect unpaid grazing fees and thereby help reduce the National Debt.

We can only hope.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Maybe some good will come of this.

Maybe the BLM and DOJ will start a campaign to collect unpaid grazing fees and thereby help reduce the National Debt.

We can only hope.

What do you make of this video by Vanoy Finicum??

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E6BA06D6CB284704093AE6BA0&FORM=VIRE5

LOL
Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

440 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 37 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,784
Posts18,536,266
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.